Poll: Empire Total War Factions, Which will you play as?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Poland-Lithuania.

Hard to believe, but we were a mighty empire in the old days.

SmoothGlover

Dec 3, 2008
TheBluesader said:
Prussia is tied for first with Russia? Huh. Not what I expected. Though they did have those cool spike hats.

I'd probably play as America, just because the nature of the Total War series hasn't had my peeps as a playable faction yet. But I think I'm going to need a new computer to play it, so wah wah, forget it.

:(
Except of course for all those American accented Romans in Rome: Total War :p

Im gonna play as Britain for a bit to revel in patriotism for a little while before defecting to Russia as they are always the most fun to play, especially during this period. (i'm gay for history.)

Nick-O

Jan 7, 2009
NORWAY! So i could kick swedish ass and conquer what is rightfully ours, America(Or Vinland)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinland

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Britain of course - Rule Britania!

I jsut want to slap the Yanks back into their place then tear the french apart, and further expand the empire that the sun never sets on.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
SmoothGlover said:
Except of course for all those American accented Romans in Rome: Total War :p

Im gonna play as Britain for a bit to revel in patriotism for a little while before defecting to Russia as they are always the most fun to play, especially during this period. (i'm gay for history.)
Name me another modern ethnicity more qualified to voice the Romans than Americans. If there's another nation more adept than the Romans at stealing the best from everybody else and then turning around and destroying the originators with it, it's the good old US of A.

I'm gay for history too. I'd put that on a t-shirt, but someone would probably find it offensive. Though I'm not sure if it is.

I guess that depends if you consider history gay in the first place. But in a good way. I think.

My forehead hurts.

itstimeforpie

Jan 6, 2009
I woulld have to say great britan, as I love the country. For some reason I like playing as russia too though. Theres just something about playing as them and yelling For the Motherland!! thats quite entertaining (i think i spelled that wrong)

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I said France, but there might be something in the mediterranian region that I like more.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
The Madman said:
TheBluesader said:
Prussia is tied for first with Russia? Huh. Not what I expected. Though they did have those cool spike hats.

I'd probably play as America, just because the nature of the Total War series hasn't had my peeps as a playable faction yet. But I think I'm going to need a new computer to play it, so wah wah, forget it.

:(
Prussian's were badass man.

People like to give props to Wellington for Napoleon's defeat, but let's be honest here: If the Prussian's hadn't have worn the French army down earlier and hadn't shown up when they did, Napoleon would have kicked Wellington's ass so hard his grandchildren would be walking funny, and that's even WITH the fact Napoleon supposedly spent half the battle of Waterloo delirious from pain from various health issues.
That?s not really true. Firstly the French broke after the Imperial Guard was smashed against the British lines; the Prussians did not contribute to the battle on the field though they did cement the victory by a superb chase of the defeated French army. Also the Prussians could have reached the Battle of Waterloo hours sooner than they did, but they were deliberately delayed by a Prussian General, as he believed that the British were going to lose and did not want to lose the Prussian army in the defeat as well.

This is not to mention that the Prussian army had only a few days earlier been soundly defeated by Napoleon. (Were the supposed pain that he was suffering from didn't affect him in that battle)

Edit: By the way that Prussian General I was talking about was the Marshal Prince Blucher's Chief of Staff, Gneisenua.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Eclectic Dreck said:
Actually, if it's anything like the other total war games, I'll probably end up playing most of the factions at one point or another.
Same here, I have to play with all the factions at least once. Though it would be Britain first for me.

LumiHawke

Dec 5, 2008
British are too easy, the french have too few enemies close enough to be a major threat, Spanish, I hate the language so why would I play them. For me Prussia is the only faction I enjoy playing. They sadly get only one unique unit and its the last infantry unit you can get, and it's basically identical to their Austrian counter part all but model and design. Despite that it is one of the hardest factions to play as starting out, but as one person told me, once you get them going they are a steam roller, unite all of Germania and you are a now nearly unstopable economic power. If you want to take over the world as can hold out during those early times when everyone seems to one to destroy Prussia you can make one can be considered the worlds most powerful Super Power, Britian feared a unification of the Central nations in real life and that is what Prussia's goal is on the game. Basically its the hardest nation to start as, but one of the most powerful to end as if you survive all these border nations who go to war with you after the first few turns. Taking all the central powers is very difficult since all the smaller factions all have one large starting army. Prussia starts with two mild size armies but your nation is split in two without any means of reinforcing eachother, going to war with Poland = going to war with 4 nations right off the bat so to speak, so your at war with Denmarck which will blockade all your ports, Saxony to the south of Berlin, some nation I always forget to the north of Prussia and poland to the south of Prussia, very bad situation I lost one time because Austria later joined in at the same time as Hannouver. So basically I was at war with 6 nations 5 of which borded and had good size land armies, I was grounded down to nothing even if I won the battles I couldn't reinforce because I'd be attacked 2-3 times per turn vs just one of my two armies. lol

TW1ZD1D

Apr 5, 2009
The French, I like dressing up as Napoleon and settling down for a good night of conquering!