Poll: Everybody, But Me Likes This Game...And I Hate Myself For It

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
If they're not the games for you then there's no point trying to force your way through them when you're not enjoying yourself. I couldn't get into Fallout 3 or Twilight Princess (though I do love Wind Waker).
Just accept that like films, you're not always going to love what are widely considered to be classics.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
None. Admittedly, I HATE Oblivion and Bioshock(s) but I love me some RPG's. I also liked the atmosphere in the FEAR games. Bioshock was so terribly boring and I don't know why I'm the only one that thinks that the animations and combat in Oblivion are terrible.

mudE13

Jul 3, 2010
A lot of good points are being made. Yeah out of all of them Fallout 3 seems to be the one I enjoy the most. It might just be a game that I have to be in the right mood for. As far as the NES games, I think the fact they were made so long ago and if I wasn't with them towards the beginning than it might almost be impossible to get the same feeling as other gamers did (although I do love Link to the Past and Super Metroid and didn't play those until about a year ago). So yeah I guess there's just some "Great" games that I'm not going to like...hmmm...but still...

mudE13

Jul 3, 2010
CyanideSandwich said:
I hate all those games as well. I don't understand why Fallout 3 got all those awards. No, I'm not one of those people who haven't even played a game but hate it because of a bad review or something. I gave every one of those games loads of chances, but they just started feeling like a chore. I felt I HAD to like them because everyone else did, but I simply didn't.
THANK YOU!!! You summed it all up in a nutshell.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I really enjoy Fallout 3 late at night, when I'm fairly tired and exhausted. I'm much more immersed in the game, and it's a much more pleasent experience.

Try that out, if you still want to give it a chance. It's one of my favorite games that I've played, so I'm hoping you get to enjoy it. D:

Cmichaels

Jul 14, 2010
CyanideSandwich said:
I hate all those games as well. I don't understand why Fallout 3 got all those awards. No, I'm not one of those people who haven't even played a game but hate it because of a bad review or something. I gave every one of those games loads of chances, but they just started feeling like a chore. I felt I HAD to like them because everyone else did, but I simply didn't.
^ This about Fallout 3. New Vegas isn't terrible, but still isn't good.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Yeah I didn't like the original Zelda either. The colors made it difficult to see my character from the backround often, and only stabbing with the sword rather than slashing really makes it difficult to kill enemies without getting hurt, especially when they can attack diagonaly which you can't. It also does a really bad job of letting you know where you need to go, not even a hint.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I couldn't get into Mass Effect 2. I beat it, but I didn't enjoy it. They somehow made the stat management even more shallow than the first one. It felt like a shooter. The story was solid, but I had to slog through some boring, generic gameplay to get through it.

Dragon Age was good times, though. Solid gameplay core with decent complexity, solid story, and Dwarfs as a playable race.

Couldn't get into Red Dead Redemption, either. It doesn't have the under-current of satire I expect from R*, I know it's from R* San Diego instead of R* North, but R* SD still knows satire from Midnight Club. And the world felt really hollow and empty. I never even go through the end of Mexico. The only character I gave a shit about was John, but not enough to finish it.

Jamiemitsu

Oct 25, 2009
All I would like to say is, don't worry, there is NO shame in not liking the nes metroid. I, for one find it way too hard, and have no clue where to go.

zhemis

Mar 22, 2010
I feel kind of that way about Fallout 3 but not in the right way. I love the game and I can't understand what's wrong with other people because mine never locks up and 99% of fallout conversations have "it's so broken/glitchy/so many ctd/bugs". What's wrong with you?? It works fine!