Poll: Fallout:England-Would it Work?

DaemonicShadow

Dec 14, 2010
I was having a good think the other day. I live in Manchester, England, and I was in the Trafford Centre, a huge shopping centre. I was walking through the multi-storey car park, with the pillars and gloom, and I was thinking 'God, this would make a brilliant location for a Fallout game.
I know there are still a huge amount of places in the US that they could make a Fallout game, but, disregarding any canon for now, do you think it would work?

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
if DC could work, then at the very least London would work. I liked the use of the washington metro, and the underground would be good, if not better. after all, the underground has been used as an underground shelter before.

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
I think its a wonderful idea to have a fallout game set somewhere besides the US. See how the rest of the world is faring and all that.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I'd love to see it. But I'd love to see a Fallout game somewhere in Europe, anyways.
Might not work properly, but I'd still like to try it out.
Would be fun going though the ruins of famous buildings...

DaemonicShadow

Dec 14, 2010
ghostracoon16 said:
No, because there is no vaults in England.
I did say disregarding any canon for now. Plus, how do we know there wasn't an English branch of Vault-tec, or perhaps they had a similar type of shelter?

Jul 22, 2009
I find Fallout to be a very American series... yes you could spin a title set in England but I doubt it would have the same charm, it would be too different IMO.

I think if we never get a Fallout game outside of America we won't be missing much.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
DaemonicShadow said:
I was having a good think the other day. I live in Manchester, England, and I was in the Trafford Centre, a huge shopping centre. I was walking through the multi-storey car park, with the pillars and gloom, and I was thinking 'God, this would make a brilliant location for a Fallout game.
I know there are still a huge amount of places in the US that they could make a Fallout game, but, disregarding any canon for now, do you think it would work?
Eh Trafford center would be OK, Manchester town center would be sweet though. Imagine The Arndale infested with ghouls and having to escape down market street and up the broke escalator to The food court only to be mauled by the deathclaws that live in what used to be Burger King..

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
No, because the weather would always be terrible, everyone would constantly be complaining and if it snowed, whatever settlements or shelters or whatever developed would cease to function.
/being bitter about today's England

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
I would really like it, just to see how we fared in the whole apocalypse thing, however I just don't think it would work.
The Fallout franchise is just so typically American a huge change of style would be necessary to make it work here and then it just wouldn't feel like Fallout!

In an interview I remember (I think it was for Inside Xbox but I honestly have no clue, I also don't remember who in the Fallout team was being interviewed) somebody high up in Bethesda or Obsidian was asked a similar question. They gave a very similar answer to me :p

On the other hand, trawling through feral ghoul infested London Underground or maybe having some kind of alien-wild-wasteland kind of even at Stonehenge would be pretty cool :)

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
No.

Fallout Scotland, on the other hand, more specifically Edinburgh... ;)

But yeah, I'd like Fallout to explore another country's reaction, post war Britain was pretty cool culture-wise. Anywhere in Europe, actually...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Why not? at least it will be full of the best accent in the world! except russian.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Well, Cannon would discount it. I dont know all the lore myself, but my best friend knows basically EVERY lore, and I do distinctly recall him saying something about Europe wouldnt be viable for some reason. I think cause Europe was pretty much raped before all the bombs fell. But again, second hand knowledge based off months old memory.

Honestly though, I dont see why it wouldnt work. Perhaps not London, but one of the outlying areas. With the way London is structured, with tightly packed buildings, after 200+ years of disrepair, all you would have is acres of rubble a reservoir and a river. Life would not likely spring up there compared to the outlying areas where it likely would.

Edit: I would say, Ireland, Scotland, Germany or perhaps Sweden would be cool. Actually a very snow centric world would be a damn nice change of pace from constant brown.