Poll: Fallout: New Vegas "Game of the Year" : Shoud I wait?

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
The GOTY release of New Vegas is inevitable and i guess its release for October, but I would really like to get Honest Hearts for my next playthrough. Should I get HH or wait for the GOTY.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
They have a few more DLC packs lined up as far as I'm aware, so I guess GOTY edition will come with all of them. I'll just replay it next year, once all of the DLC is out, I think.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
They have a few more DLC packs lined up as far as I'm aware, so I guess GOTY edition will come with all of them. I'll just replay it next year, once all of the DLC is out, I think.
I just really wanted top play it over the summer, But I have Red Dead so I can wait.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
GrizzlerBorno said:
Yeah Old World Blues which is being released on the 19th of July (I think) and Lonesome Road which will be released either in August or September.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Yeah Old World Blues which is being released on the 19th of July (I think) and Lonesome Road which will be released either in August or September.
That should place the GOTY in October right?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
Most likely, yes.

Unless they release more DLC ater Lonesome Road but due to them all being connected I doubt they will, but they might.

Gypsy Ninja Pirate Zombie King

What the hell am i!???
Oct 25, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
ChupathingyX said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
But it didn't win GOTY.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
Ninjamedic said:
Most likely, yes.

Unless they release more DLC ater Lonesome Road but due to them all being connected I doubt they will, but they might.
This is going to be a good year...

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
ChupathingyX said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Will they be standalone adventures? Or do we have word of Obsidian extending the story or anything, a la, Broken Steel?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
GrizzlerBorno said:
ChupathingyX said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Will they be standalone adventures? Or do we have word of Obsidian extending the story or anything, a la, Broken Steel?
They will be standalone like the others. Obsidian specifically said there won't be a Broken Steel-like DLC.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
GrizzlerBorno said:
Obsidian have specifically stated many times that they will not be releasing a DLC that continues after the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. There are too many environmental, faction and character changes that would turn it into a completely different game and plus this way it offers more closure.

Gypsy Ninja Pirate Zombie King

What the hell am i!???
Oct 25, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
Gypsy ninja pirate zombie king said:
Ninjamedic said:
But it didn't win GOTY.
The GOTY is a re-release with all the add-ons, like with Fallout 3 and Oblivion.
Yes but those were both GOTY.
Call it the "ultimate" edition like with Dragon Age then.
Yeah that could work. I'd say go with the "ultimate" edition then.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
Ninjamedic said:
ChupathingyX said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
But it didn't win GOTY.
yeah, because of all those philistines up in the game awards places/ Pretentiousness (though I do believe that Fallout New Vegas was an unappreciated gem that was shunned by the masses even though its not so obvious superiority...)