Poll: Favorite drink containing alcohol

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Okey so what drink containing alcohol is your favroite?

The 4 first ones in the poll are pretty self explanatory.
Number 5 is a drink you make yourself which is pretty popular here in Finland, for example my favorite drink is "Polar Bear" = 4cl vodka, 2cl Bols Blue, 2.5dl Sprite and a slice of lemon.
Drink can also be a Breezer, Smirnoff Ice, Lonkero (Finnish Grape drink) etc

And of course for our non drinkers the last option or if I forgott something just pick option 6 and explain with a post what it is and what I forgott to ad.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Gin and tonic or "Tyrker".
The former needs no explanation.
The latter is vodka (or moonshine) in which you've dissolved a particular brand of licorice/ammonium-chloride candy.
I would say White Russian because I like the thought of it, but I tried drinking them one evening.
It started going downhill after a while, and now I can't stand the taste of Kahlua, Baileys or Vodka. The smallest amount will make me gag.
I think I'm still able to stomach cream though.

I feel like trying Mint juleps though.

Kvaedi

Jul 7, 2011
Whiskey. Have always loved the taste...It's strange, people always talk about it burning really bad but it never has for me, my family is pretty weird as far as alcohol is concerned. Me and my dad both have never had a hangover, and we both have freakish tolerances for alcohol.

I tend not to drink much though, my family has always had bad luck with alcohol. Many alcoholics, many people dying drunk dying, and stuff like that. Better to just keep it to an occasional thing.

nccish

Jul 27, 2009
I've always been partial to whiskey. A nice scotch is what I prefer but I've been known to indulge in bourbon as well.

Also, I urge anyone who's into whiskey to try Yamazaki single malt. It's a japanese whiskey which is delicious, though somewhat expensive!

Edit: I should probably say that beer is what I do drink the most, but whiskey is what I like the best!

Esotera

May 5, 2011
It's got to be whiskey, although I rarely drink it. Cider is very much the thing in South-West England, and is also one of the healthier forms of alcoholic beverages...plus it tastes great. Doesn't come close to the fiery kick of whiskey of course, but it's a start.

As Seen On 360

Jan 22, 2012
I chose Drink, but in spirit I chose the inverse of that. Anything that contains alcohol works for me, I'll take multiple roads to the destination. My "Drink", being inverse, is the one thing I won't drink, Amaretto. I had it once and I intend to keep it that way.

I'll be the designated driver before I drink that pure cough syrup again. This is not to say that I only have and ever will dislike one specific drink, I just don't have enough prejudice against any of the other options, I generally enjoy them.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I love beer and bourbon (which fits under whiskey). But beer is always my #1. It's so varied and there are wonderful flavors that you just can not find anywhere else. I used to live around the corner from a craft beer store. My first time going there I picked a six pack of various brews they had there, and it felt like I was a kid in Willy Wonka's factory.

I prefer IPAs like Dogfish Head's 90 minute IPA. But I most commonly drink a Fat Tire or Magic Hat.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Beer for me. I prefer a good smooth, creamy bitter but I don't mind the paler, hoppier ales that are sweeter and tend to have more of a kick to them either.

Just don't talk to me about lager. I'd rather drink the water from a car wash.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hahaha for a second I thourght I had clicked on the "I got laid off today" thread, and everyone was insctructing the OP how to drink the pain away...

anything that tastes least like alchohol....alcopop or whatever, I dont care if it isnt cool I want somthing that gets the job done with minimal "ick" factor

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Vault101 said:
hahaha for a second I thourght I had clicked on the "I got laid off today" thread, and everyone was insctructing the OP how to drink the pain away...
Oh man I laughed at this comment!
Wrong thread but at least it made my day xD

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Champagne obviously. That thing is just awesome, but too expensive to drink on parties regularly.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
A nice coffee liqueur. I loves my irish coffee.
That or my nanas irish cream. Her secret recipe that she tells me I will only get after shes dead...
*Butters top step* >.>

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I'm a whiskey man.

In my neck of the woods that pretty much means Jameson Blended and Bushmills 1608.

But on rare occasions I can get my rotten mitts on a bottle of Connemara or Tyrconnell and then I'm a pretty happy man.