Poll: Favorite holiday as you grow older

Matthew Jabour

Jan 13, 2012
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas - the Consumption Trilogy, as I like to call it. As a kid, this time of year was nothing short of magical. As a growing adult, however, these holidays take on new meanings entirely. So, which do you enjoy - the uniqueness and scariness of Halloween, the togetherness and turkey of Thanksgiving, or the presents and cultural presence of Christmas?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Got to be Christmas. I barely notice Halloween on the actual day and Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in my country. On the other hand, Christmas has some nice family get-to-togethers, presents and the usual cringey songs which get stuck in your head for the rest of the year >.>

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas is when I got kicked around by visiting relatives from Alaska who stopped coming one year (they were such massive bastards it wasn't even funny, yet they came very year, with their stupid accents and ideas of how to inflict discreet bruises) so Halloween was basically the best of a bad choice.

Oh, and candy apples.

Fucking love candy apples.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Halloween, because I get to choose how I spend it. We don't have any Halloween traditions in our family, see.

koichi

Sep 22, 2014
I'm going to say Christmas, since my family basically just celebrates it as Thanksgiving Part 2: Revenge of the Turkey

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, since it's an American Holiday.

On the other hand, how dare you not include Easter! That was what I was going to vote for.

Otherwise... it's Christmas. To me it's just a great holiday of Comfiness, and it gives me an excuse to listen to Wiggle He 2 again...

Oh who am I kidding, it's great to listen to all year round!

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I live in the UK so Thanksgiving isn't a thing.

Halloween barely gets any notice either. It takes place during University term-time where I'm typically at the peak of my workload. Since I live by myself I don't see much point in setting up decorations and even then you can barely find them through all the Christmas-stock they have on sale in the shops! Of course, I try to make time to play a horror game at around that time.

So for me, it'd be Christmas. There's no University work, I've got my birthday within the Christmas week and I'm usually home with my family at that time.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I don't like any of them, but I'll choose Halloween because I like horror movies and that's pretty much it.

My real favourite holiday is New Year, I don't know why but it just is, also the only time of the year when my "You really shouldn't drink" voice in the back of my head decides to take a break, so it's about the only time in the year when I can actually drink, but I don't really get drunk though, well not much anyway, in any case the start of a new year makes me happy, I'm not sure why but it always has.

Thanksgiving isn't even a thing here in MĆ©xico and I hate Christmas, the worst time of the year I say, by which I mean most of my christmases have been pretty crappy, to be honest around the time I was 12-13 I started just going outside and spending all day walking around instead of at home because I hated Christmas that much, no one even cared which probably gives some sort of hint as to why I hate it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No neither?

Halloween has never been special to me since I never once went trick or treating (blame my parent for that).

I'm from the UK so I don't celebrate Thankgiving.

Christmas is no longer special to me since these days not all of my relative shows up like in the past. I no longer get to spend Christmas Day at my grandmother house cos she passed away (she was the pivot that bring the families to come together). Christmas presents suck since I only get cash from my parent and whatever item I wanted from my bro (no suprised) and worse of all, I always get the short end of the stick at work meaning I have to work on Coxing day thus breaking my family tradition by heading to the city for Chinese launch and then do some Christmas shopping afterward!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Christmas. Going back home and spending time with family during my favourite season definitely wins out over the others.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
What is this... "Thanksgiving" you speak of?

My answer is not going to be Christmas, as you get older the presents you give other people is more expected to have cost money as opposed to something I put effort in making myself.

It's got to be Halloween, dressing up is always fun. [small]More so if everyone else is doing the same. >_>[/small]

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Hm, still Christmas I'd say. I may even love it more now since I'm old enough to buy and put up my own decorations, including GLOBE ORNAMENTS. My mom hated globe ornaments and refused to buy any or put them on the tree. But now, I have my own little tree, and my OWN LITTLE GLOBE ORNAMENTS, MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jack Action

Not a premium member.
Sep 6, 2014
Well, Halloween is the only time I can show my face in public, so I'll go with that. People do keep asking why I'm still dressing up for Halloween though...

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Baron von Blitztank said:
I live in the UK so Thanksgiving isn't a thing.
What? Don't you have some sort of celebration of when the Puritans decided to GTFO? Seems that's something to be thankful for.

OT: How about none of the above? If I had to choose, it'd be between the 10th/11th of November. USMC and Veteran's Day, respectively.

Captcha: duvet day Well, Captcha likes Duvet day. I don't know what type of Holiday that is...

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
My favourite's easter by far. Christmas is always such a bloody hassle. Everyone always gets really stressed out about making sure it's all perfect, and spending hours and hours preparing this massive dinner. Can't stand it.

Easter, on the other hand is just an excuse to relax & eat chocolate. No one tries to make it a particularly special day, and as such it tends to be far more enjoyable.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Still has to be Christmas. I jump into the sea every year and generally get to eat and watch movies. I actually really like Easter though. The weather is nice and I get two weeks off interjected by chocolate. Thanksgiving? Well I don't celebrate that do I?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I prefer Halloween honestly. Thanksgiving just seems token to me. I love my family but my definition of 'Family' is a bit different...I have close friends who I would consider closer to family than people who share my blood and, certain other genetic family members. Christmas (I prefer calling it X-mas) is a holiday that I never cared about but I absolutely love getting free things. At some point in the last year though, I acquired this weird since of guilt...I feel really uncomfortably about receiving a gift from someone if I didn't get them anything. It's at the point where I don't really want to bother with that anymore.

Sweet Halloween...you don't offer me guilt, just sweet, sweet cand-OUCH, DAMMIT, MY TEETH!