Poll: Favorite Hour-long TV Show

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
Lately I have been noticing a sudden surge of good TV shows so I was wondering what the community thinks of them and why.

I would have to personally say Bones. Bones because of its interesting characters and plots.

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
Ain't Doctor House like 50 min long max(Bones too aint one hour , but 46-50 min)? You missed some good hour long shows like Games of Thrones , Breaking Bad and True Blood.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Omnicide said:
Burn Notice. Hands down.
You made your first post that. Win.

The above, or Doctor Who. Depends which one I've seen more recently, currently the former.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
I know i missed some so i only put the ones I am most familiar with. Also why I put others. I said hour long because they take up hour slots on directv quide.

Omnicide

Aug 6, 2011
tomtom94 said:
Omnicide said:
Burn Notice. Hands down.
You made your first post that. Win.

The above, or Doctor Who. Depends which one I've seen more recently, currently the former.
:D Yeah. Burn notice is full of amazing.

Offtopic: I've been lurking this place for over a year (I think I stated coming to the Escapist just to watch Doraleous and Associates) therefore I'm going to try to make all of my posts full of win. If I can't then I wont post.

...This post excepted.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Law and Order: SVU
NCIS (this is pretty much the best one)
Psych
pretty much all of the newer shows on USA (except Covert Affairs)

USA has been churning out some darn good shows. Psych is pretty much awesome, White Collar is intriguing, Royal Pains is pretty good, and Necessary Roughness is also pretty good. And USA does marathons of NCIS, so that channel is fairly magnificent.

Also, Mythbusters.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Torchwood hands down. Incidentally, Doctor Who isn't an hour long (most of the time) - the average classic episode (as in an individual part as opposed to the whole serial) is roughly 30 Minutes, and New Who is on average 45 Minutes. Just sayin'.

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
Willinium said:
I know i missed some so i only put the ones I am most familiar with. Also why I put others. I said hour long because they take up hour slots on directv quide.
Ah ok , sorry for that intervention if it seemed too aggressive , didn't realize they are one hour long with commercials .

On topic : I chose House , but only because I am still mad in love with Olivia Wilde . The show has been really dull since the 5 season or so .

True Blood is awesome! Don't get scared from the fact it's about vampires and it will be another twilight wanna be -it's not!

Ps: Anyone saw Alphas ? It's a new Heroes-like Tv show from Syfy that only launched like 6 episodes so far . I've been watching it and it seems pretty good actually .( That Trivia-guy from Bones plays in it )

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Personally for me, well at least right now anyways. it's Supernatural. I just thinks its an awesome badass show. Like honestly, they turned an angel into a Hippy (for an episode) for Christ sakes (pun totally intended)

Shreder55

Jul 1, 2009
Flashpoint.

Its a show about the Toronto SRU (Strategic Response Unit) which is pretty much the Canadian SWAT team.

Its a really great show its free online as a bonus. Season 4 is just starting.

http://shows.ctv.ca/FlashPoint/video.aspx

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
Issurru said:
Personally for me, well at least right now anyways. it's Supernatural. I just thinks its an awesome badass show. Like honestly, they turned an angel into a Hippy (for an episode) for Christ sakes (pun totally intended)
The entire angel arch has become boring after season 5 .

DONT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED SEASON 6
Castiel being the bad guy in Season 7? We already had evil Sam right?. They really need to get off this angel bandwagon as it's getting really dull

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Gwarr said:
Ps: Anyone saw Alphas ? It's a new Heroes-like Tv show from Syfy that only launched like 6 episodes so far . I've been watching it and it seems pretty good actually .( That Trivia-guy from Bones plays in it )
I'm liking Alphas a lot. Hicks and Gary are my favorites.

Eureka
Falling Skies
Burn Notice(I missed last season)
Memphis Beat
Attack Of The Show
Top Gear UK
Top Gear America(It has some good bits don't judge me)