Poll: Favorite Pixar movie

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I'm going with Ratatouille for no reason other than I've watched it with my Nieces (who now have a pet rat) about 20 times.

I am only a man

Feb 25, 2011
I haven't seen a Pixar film I didn't like. I f I had to pick one, I'd go with The Incredibles... or Wall-E... or Toy Story 3. Dammit, can't decide.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I liked the one with John Ratzenberger...

Anyway.

I'm watching you Wazowski. Always watching. Always.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Some combination of the concepts, characters, scoring, and humour of The Incredibles puts it at the top of my list. Plus it came out when I was mature enough to appreciate the merits of films, rather than just liking it because of bright lights and noises.

Finding Nemo has its good and bad parts, Cars is below par and all of the voice acting irritates me, and Toy Story's always been a bit dark - first time I saw Toy Story, it was at the age where it was able to TERRIFY ME. I don't think I ever gave Wall-E a proper watch, and I've yet to see Toy Story 3. Up was amazing too, but in a different way than the Incredibles, and the Incredibles wins out.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
huh, I always forget about ratatouille, but I think its because its the only Pixar film I didn't see at the cinema and didn't leave that much of an impression on me

As for me, while most of my friends give me wierd looks for it, it has to be cars, I just really enjoyed it from start to finish, and adored a lot of the little touches, like the mountains shaped like cars, the little "beetle" cars as insects and so on.

However I didn't enjoy cars 2... it just felt like they wanted to do a whole other spy movie but the marketing guys said "but cars merchandise sells so well!", which it does, I've worked in retail enough over the last few years to know that. Wierd part is if they just did the world championship part, made that the movie I'd probably have loved it

I'd never call any Pixar movie bad, but the one I enjoyed least was The Incredibles, which thankfully most of my friends agree on too unlike my enjoyment of cars. I can't place why, I saw it at the cinema with all my friends and we all came out of it feeling... well nothing. All the way through I was expecting that special something to hit me as all Pixar movies do at times, yes even cars 2 and ratatouille, but nothing. I was just left with a nothing opinion on it and having a not very entertaining time at the cinema. Each to thier own it just didn't click for me

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
It's a tie between the Incredibles and Wall-E. Both amazing films that I enjoy as much now as when I saw them first, although for those 2 that wasn't really that long ago, so its not much of a nosalgia factor.

Toy Story however, that is more than a film to me. I think it is safe to say it influenced my childhood as much as my first years of school. It was one of the few films we had as children and it was always my favourite...
I really don't think I can describe how much that film is part of my growing up. It goes beyond mere 'favourite Pixar film'. It's one of those rare films that has no connection to any of its creators or those involved with it, it stands out on its own, high above everything else.

I fucking love that film.

And the sequels certainly aren't bad either.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
It's too tough to call- either the Toy Story Trilogy or the Incredibles. I liked them all except for WALL-E and UP. Both of those fell apart after the amazing intro, with a villain that I couldn't even see as evil. I liked WALL-E better back when it was called Short Circuit, and as for UP- I like my adventure films to... you know... actually have some sort of adventure in them.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
So hard to choose a favorite. I can tell you that Cars and Nemo are at the bottom of my list. Not saying they're bad in any way, they're just the Pixar films I like the least.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Up... really that needs alot more love it's also my favorite just because it was soo weird for kids movie, but they're all great to me (except cars, just can't dig it)

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Toy Story 3 is, to date, the only film I've ever watched to elicit an emotional response from me.

It's probably one of my favorite movies in general, really.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
I love incredibles but the artstyle gives me a headache so I will go for toy story

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Toy Story 1,2, and 3... all of them are equally amazing. And 3 made me very teary. :(

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
crazyarms33 said:
Craorach said:
Really torn between Up and Wall-E, but I think the only film in recent memory to actually make me cry wins.

The opening sequence to UP was a very brave thing for them to make.
Dude. I had to pretend I had something in my eye for the first 15 minutes of that movie. It was just SO well done. Really pulled on my heartstrings as the saying goes.
That intro was amazing and easily my favorite thing they've done...and then the rest of the movie happened and ruined it all. It was just too silly and too goofy, and the drastic change in tone was too much for me to be able to enjoy it. The intro on its own would be my favorite, but the rest of the movie is near the bottom.

Only taking full movies into account, The Incredibles still wins for me. Between that and Iron Giant (which I may actually like even more...hard to decide), Brad Bird made a pretty big impression on me.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Right now I suppose it would be Finding Nemo or Cars 1. But I'm waiting for Brave to come out. That's going to be awesome I think! ^_^ And it'll be the first time Pixar has starred a girl which will just make it all the better.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Up? Toy Story 3? Wall-E? A Bug's Life? Monsters Inc?

HOW DO I CHOOOSE???

Hell, just scenes that have brought me to tears has Toy Story 2 and 3 (you know which scenes. Don't pretend.) and the opening scenes of Up mark them as forever unforgettable. The entire first Toy Story stands as something that has changed my life. This is impossible to choose between.

No wonder Pixar doesn't do multiple movies a year. Our collective minds would break.