Poll: Favorite Smash Bros character

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
Due to lack of poll options, this will be 64 version only (and clones of the above characters from later games). If you would like to chime in with a character from a later installment instead, feel free to chime in and comment below.
You still forgot Jigglypuff!!!!!!!

I've won tournaments with her :D

Not myself in the video (obviously [http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:Isai]) but just to demonstrate the point that the Puff is too stronk. ***** be broken.

Jigglypuff was my jam man. There's no better feeling than the perfectly executed combo that ends in resting on their face to KO the opponent into last Thursday.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
In the original, Kirby. I get the feeling he was a beginner character, but fuck if I cared/care, he was fun. : D

In Melee, it was Shiek, Shiek, and only Shiek. To hell with your fancy smash moves and flashy powers, I have speed, accuracy and just enough utility.

Brawl I didn't play enough to find a favorite. The game wasn't that much fun.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Brawl I enjoyed the least.

Actually, I enjoy the games in reverse chronological order. SSB was the cleanest. SSBM was probably the most balanced, but I thought the cast was getting too big already, and I hated all animated stages; air dodges are an interesting addition, but I preferred the game without them. SSBB took everything that was bad about SSBM and made it worse. I think I've played maybe 10 SSBB matches in my life.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Uszi said:
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
Due to lack of poll options, this will be 64 version only (and clones of the above characters from later games). If you would like to chime in with a character from a later installment instead, feel free to chime in and comment below.
You still forgot Jigglypuff!!!!!!!

I've won tournaments with her :D

Not myself in the video (obviously [http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:Isai]) but just to demonstrate the point that the Puff is too stronk. ***** be broken.

Jigglypuff was my jam man. There's no better feeling than the perfectly executed combo that ends in resting on their face to KO the opponent into last Thursday.
Posting any video with Isai in it doesn't count, hilariously good at this game as he is. They literally wrote 64's tier list based on how good he was at a particular character.

Edit: I'm probe to using Jigglypuff myself, probably my third main after Mario and C. Falcon. I just wanted to have a poll with the most popular characters from 64 and their clones. If its any consideration, imaginary poll option 9 would have been the Balloon Pokemon.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Pikachu all the way. The only game he wasn't my main was melee, where I had a brief affair with Jigglypuff.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I liked Fox on N64 since he seemed to be the only character fast enough to do combos instead of just single attacks. (I did 80% to a friend without him regaining control of his character) I didn't play much of Melee, I own it but since Fox wasn't the big ball of awesome he was in N64 I settled for Roy who had a flaming sword which is pretty bitchin'.

Only played one round of Brawl at a friends house, got my ass kicked as Fox, don't really remember anything other than losing and particle effects.

omegaweopon

Aug 25, 2009
Fox. Always Fox. Well, at least he's always been in my roster. Fox was my main in the first two. It was actually interesting, because in melee my brother's character was Falco. So Fox Vs. Falco was an epic drag out, knock down affair.

Brawl changed the way I played the game permanently when I couldn't get ahold of a gamecube controller, and not being able to stand Wii/nun, I opted for sideways wii remote. This changed my ability to use fox entirely, and put Lucas at my forefront, even though I never played Ness before hand.
In Brawl we adopted Pokemon inspired teams of 6, and we'd tend to bring them out in order from weakest to strongest, so I ended up with something resembling:

6th: Ice Climbers (My 6th is always rotating out)
5th: Pikachu (Those smashes are to die for)
4th: Fox (Quick to jump, quick to hit the ground, always tossing you around.)
3rd: Snake (Snakedashing, and grenades are faaar to useful to discount)
2nd: Lucas (I could hit you with my Pk thunder's self hit, no matter where you went)
1st: Toon Link (I use my weapons in different directions, to make you feel as though you are fighting two opponents at the same time.)

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Super Smash Bros. - Link

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Link, Roy, Mewtwo, Falco

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Pit, Lucario, Sonic

In no particular order. I'm still upset that Roy was excluded from Brawl. I still hope they give us Roy in Smash Bros. U.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
Well since I am terrible at every single version of the game, I just go with the characters I enjoy the most but usually get me killed inside of 2 minutes. So Fox, Link and Pikachu. I just spam his thunderbolt until I get kicked off the screen and repeat. Still fun though.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
I use a ton of different characters, but N64 Captain Falcon (in white and pink) will always be the best.

Eliwood10

Feb 4, 2013
Roy always and forever. I was devastated when I found out he was cut from Brawl.

Other than him I like playing as Pikachu. Great grabs, smashes, and I love spamming down+B

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
You kids and your colors, and more than two dimensions, and your complex animations. Mr Game and Watch doesn't have time for any of that nonsense. He's gonna smack you with his hammer, hold a sign that says "9" above his head, and you're gonna go flying.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I personally play Pikachu is SSB, Marth and Pikachu in SSBM and lastly Ike, DK, Pikachu in SSBB

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Original, Pikachu.
Brawl, Lucario the beast of beatings.

Why yes I do like pokemon, how'd you know?

Hap2

May 26, 2010
What!? No Wario?

Kirby, Fox, and Pikachu in SSB.
Ganondorf and Sheik in SSBM.
Wario, Diddy Kong, and Zelda in SSBB.

Those are my mains and favourites.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Link all the way! Ever since the first one up until brawl he's been my main choice. Although I'm kinda scared they might change him to suit Skyward Sword Link's look and equipment which would mean the loss of the boomerang since I love using it so much.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
In the Original, it's hard to pick a favourite - because there was such a variety of characters, I became good with all of them, using my sense of timing so that I can win with generic A attacks in the event that I don't have a handle on the characters' strengths. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Falcon, because he's fast, punchy, and hilarious.

Never had a Gamecube, and so, I can't recall a favourite from the few times I played.

In Brawl, I Like Ike. Power and the maneuverability to deploy it. All it takes is excellent timing, which I have, to counteract the slow speed. For seconds, anyone on the roster with a sword will do in a pinch, maybe Donkey Kong.

DragonStorm247

Mar 5, 2012
I miss Mewtwo.

I've recently taken to Zelda though. Similar smashes, and similar magic/psychic throwiness.