Poll: Favourite accent from around the world?

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
Whatever the one the boss from The IT Crowd has. I think it's fucking hilarious anytime he talks.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Scottish, it's so beutifully dire, this may be because I watch to many Frankie Boyle routines.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
British male here, and uh... Russian accent, or even any slavic accent really gives me shivers. And that's not because of the 'Russian bride' stereotype!

To be honest though, nearly any European accent sounds wonderfully attractive to my ears. A girl with a thick European accent of any description is likely to make me melt like butter. I suppose i like Russian / Slavic the most simply because of how different it sounds and that Slavs tend to look very distinctive - their accent compliments their appearance in terms of how alien and different it is, and i love that.

I'm really not keen on any British accent. In fact, it can all drive me crazy. Us southerners sound like we're condescending and have a stick up our arse, northerners are sometimes hard to understand (same goes for Welsh and Scottish). Irish is tolerable, but it's just not that attractive on a lady. Might have something to do with this stereotypical angry Irish 40-something chemistry teacher several years back. I'm just not keen on the American accent at all because to my ears it sounds like a drunk version of our dialect / language. For you Scandinavians out there, American is to me what Danish is to Swedish (and vice versa)

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Where the flying, pig-shaped FUCK is the "Other" option?

It's a tough choice between British and Scottish for me.

Gralian said:
For you Scandinavians out there, American is to me what Danish is to Swedish (and vice versa)
And what about "us" Scandinavians that aren't Danish or Swedish? |:

Marcosn

Jun 26, 2009
x-machina said:
A *posh* british accent on a woman is very hot (I don't where in the UK it's from but I'm sure you know the accent I mean.)
South of England (near Bath) is where I have a friend or two that have amazing accents that are quite posh and I love it!
My top 3 accents in no order are Southern English, Canadian and Australian so I voted for British.
(I reckon the "Frence" option should be replaced with "Other" )

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Lacebad said:
Jacob Carse said:
British because you have Scottish, Welsh, Irish and the many kinds of English e.g Cockney.

All of that in such a small space.
fuck you.
Some Irish people live on British land, particular in Northern Ireland, so Jacob Carse isn't being inaccurate when he includes Irish in our wide-range of British accents.

Razzigyrl

Mar 22, 2011
What, no option for Russian? But that's my favorite!

Also, which 'American'? D'you mean the Ohioan 'unaccented' version? The speech of Boston? A Southern twang? WHICH Southern twang, if so? Or perhaps some derivative of Urban American? What about the patois of Louisiana or the Appalachians? We've got a number of accents and dialects, so the label for the whole country is just a wee bit overly broad.

theamazingbean

Dec 29, 2009
British, but if I could teach gun safety to a group of Japanese high school students, I wouldn't turn the opportunity down.

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
Please die in a fire for generalising countries into one accent. Also, Scotland and (Northern) Ireland are part of Britain, and even Scotland, Northern Ireland and ENGLAND (I'm assuming thats what you meant by Britain -.-) have very different accents within them. The same goes for parts of Japan, Russia, France etc.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
"G'dai Mate. Meet me at India Gaite. Tonight at Eight."

If someone can tell me what that is a reference to....I will literally bake you an internet cookie.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Wow, thats a small number of accents. I'd have to go with Norwgian or French due to women having those are somehow strangely erotic for me ;)

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
General American speaker, but I like to play around with a lot of accents (a bit of a hobby of mine). My favorites to speak are probably Irish and Northern British (Yorkshire/Sheffield area). Favorite to listen to are probably BBC English and Scottish.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Flemish. No contest there.

And when limiting myself to the ones you listed in the poll: Irish.