Poll: Favourite Batman Villain.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
This can be for any version of any Batman villain, the live action films of Burton, Schuemacher (or however it's spelt) or Nolan, the 60s show, the animated series, the comics, the graphic novels. Any version really.

For me it's Two-Face, he's the deepest of the Batman villains and his dual personality makes for a very interesting character. Plus his coin flip decision is pretty awesome.

So who's your favourite Batman villain. Apoligises if I've missed anyone out.

(I know Catwoman may not be a villain but I've added her anyway)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
You'll never guess... XD
Yes, Harley is a villain in her own right. Possibly more of a sidekick but very much all villain.

Quite a fan of Scarecrow too. His story in Mad Love and Other Stories was interesting to say the least. I thought it was quite sweet in an odd little way. Also Cillian Murphy is just great!
I also enjoyed Two-Face's story in that comic too, nice little touch at the end.
Mad Hatter is also pretty interesting. His Arkham City bits were trippy to say the least.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
There are none that I dislike (well, ok, there are a few C-class villains like Filmfreak...).

Ra's is very cool. He's just...awesome. I like his motives too - he doesn't want world domination or anything...it's all about purity.

Scarecrow I like depending on the adaptation. Arkham Asylum and Nolan's films got him spot on, I think.

Two-Face I'm a fan of. Not really sure why, I just really like him.

The Riddler I love too, though, again, depending on the adaptation. Sometimes he is portrayed as being really shit and feeble, like in Knightfall, but I think he's great in the Arkham games, and when he is portrayed as a real evil genius with all the lethal traps and stuff, he is brutal.

There are other villains that intrigue me too, such as Mad Hatter, Hush, Prometheus and Maxie Zeus - those who's backstories and....methods, as it were, are quite unique. Oh, and special mention for the Red Hood...just because...well, Jason. (Not going to spoiler that - I'm sure that everyone knows).

OldKingClancy said:
So who's your favourite Batman villain. Apoligises if I've missed anyone out.

(I know Catwoman may not be a villain but I've added her anyway)
I wouldn't worry about missing any out...there are LOADS of Batman villains out there. A full list would be mental.
And likewise, quite a few of them, I would say, dabble between villain and anti-hero, like Catwoman, Ra's, Talia or Red Hood.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Exclung Joker I go with Ra's Al Ghul. I don't know why I liked him maybe it's the fact he has cult of army size ninjas followers who obey his every commands.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I personally like Ink she is always a interesting villain even if she is a batman beyond villain. I also am a big fan of gotham city sirens but that is a team of villains rather than any one villain.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I got a couple of faves, though for the most part, I find most of the Bat's adversaries to be pretty great.

I'd have to say that my current fave is the Court of Owls. I don't want to say too much about them because it would spoil the current Batman storyline for anyone who has yet to indulge in it, but I've rarely been so creeped out by a Batman comic. Scott Snyder's work has been somewhat akin to Lovecraft or Poe taking a hand at writing Batman. It's chilling and badass all at once.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
The Riddler, simply because I find he can be as funny as the Joker while at the same time being as dangerous as, say, the Court of Owls.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
The Joker, easily, for obvious reasons. After him, it?s Two-Face, because of the whole ?duality? thing (the thing about chance being the only fair thing kind of makes sense in theory, but not in practice). The latter?s portrayed quite sympathetically in many adaptations (e.g. The Dark Knight; apart from the Joker, Harvey Dent and his character/story arc was probably my favourite thing in the film). And then it?s Scarecrow, because the whole ?fear? thing and I really liked his parts in Batman Begins.

To be honest, I?m not that familiar with comic books, so most of what I?m going on is from Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan?s Batman films.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Mr. Freeze. I'm basing this on the Animated series and not the movie.

That episode where the theme park guy busts him out of prison was just great.

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
For me its gotta be scarecrow. A very underated villain, loved his uses in begins, the dark knight and rises, but he still wasnt used enough which is my only complaint with the entire trilogy. In second place its two-face, infact hes nearly drawing with scarecrow, hes such an awesome character, then of course theres the joker and then Hush.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Admittedly I'm only going off of the Christopher Nolan films and the Arkham games, but I picked The Joker. Loved him in both the films and the games. Now the same can be said for some of the others but not to the same degree.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
We have alot of Batman villains we love, but let's just face it: You may as well re-label the thread as "The Joker Appreciation Thread" and be done with it.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Wrath and Scorn. Sons of Jewel thieves, Wrath and Scorn are the opposite to Batman and Robin in every way. Not as successful as Hush in that regards, however.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Of that list? The Riddler.

Not included in that list? Ragdoll, original not the new guy.

darlarosa

May 4, 2011
I would say I enjoyed Babydoll in the animated series and Mr.Freeze as tragic villains.

I actually have a fondness for Inque and Roxy Rocket.

I tend to like a lot of...people who so happen to be villains.

I like Earth Kitt as Catwoman