Poll: Fellow Oldscapists!

Satin6T

New member
May 5, 2009
1,642
0
0
You only had me lurking anyway, and my legionnaire of lurkers will always be around the site. Now I gotta go before They see this post and I get deposed.
 

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
854
0
0
Aylaine said:
7 people from 2002...where are these precursors of the Escapist? I'd like to meet them and hear stories of the good old days...
Looks like site staff and former staff, a former site manager from WarCry, and Andy Chalk (Our longest term contributor who lives in a hut in the Canadian wilderness and connects to the Internet via carrier pigeon). :D
 

BoosterGold

New member
Jul 21, 2010
6,348
0
0
Safe in the Dark said:


I mean, really? That's really what you're going for there? Forum Senior senility? Riveting exposition comrade. Hey New guys, let's revolt the revolt!

This guy had a point this is just such a silly idea, I mean really we are all a bunch of nerds on a forum. Is it really helping anybody making groups singling out people but whatever stupid reasons you make up.
Middle School called they want there mentality back
 

PureChaos

New member
Aug 16, 2008
4,990
0
0
Think I qualify as an Oldscapist and I'm still going strong. Don't post as much as I used to, though
 

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
10,312
0
0
Fappy said:
Aylaine said:
sethzard said:
I'm technically an oldscapist though I never played a particularly big role in the escapist.
Also, I've never really left, I just don't post much.
In my opinion, if you helped this place grow in anyway, you've played a big role. :)

Souplex, there are legions here now. How will we organize all of the OldScapists? :eek:
I vote orgy.

...

What? I just really want to see Souplex's moves, okay?!
My moves have been known to shatter the minds of those not equipped to comprehend them.
I'm like a pornographic C'thul'hu.
Captcha: pleased as punch
 

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
12,010
0
41
Country
United States
Souplex said:
My moves have been known to shatter the minds of those not equipped to comprehend them.
I'm like a pornographic C'thul'hu.
Aylaine said:
Just ask him, and pledge yourself to him. It mightttt work. :)
THEN I SHALL EMBRACE THE MADNESS!

/bows
 
Nov 28, 2007
10,686
0
0
Baldrek said:
thebobmaster said:
I am in for the revolution, Souplex!
Still going strong, eh? Been a while since I last saw you bobmaster, but I guess that's what I get for mostly hanging out in the RP section. Wish you the best either way and salutes aplenty for you.

Oh, and yeah I guess I'll support this revolution thing as well, reading through this is certainly nostalgic.
I'm still here. I mostly stick to user reviews, though. I've found my opinion on gaming matters differs quite a bit from the norm here, which makes debating tricky, and the off-topic forum is usually flooded with anti-Americans, something I obviously have an issue with.
 

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
2,877
0
0
Souplex said:
?!
You're alive?
This is actually working!
You're darned right I am, and still very much active.
Ok so not very much. Mostly these days I give sagely advice to youths with confidence issues. While eating Wherthers Originals and sipping tea out of floral china.

I remember the good old days, when irc was most fun when interrupted with a random Kross link...

Eh? Where am I? What are you doing in my house?
Zombie_Fish said:
EDIT: Just realised this, but having the title 'Retired Red Guard' really doesn't help with making me seem young.
You!
You grew...legs and...arms and stuff. When did that happen?
I remember when you were just an awesome face, giving out cookies and enjoying holly.
Ah...good times, good times.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Galletea said:
You!
You grew...legs and...arms and stuff. When did that happen?
I remember when you were just an awesome face, giving out cookies and enjoying holly.
Ah...good times, good times.
Are you talking about my Awesome Spy [https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1328681790/Awesome_Spy_Avatar.png] avatar? I changed it a few weeks ago to this cool cat [http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Ash_Crimson] after finding out about him and deciding that I quite liked his look. I'll probably switch back to the Spy sometime, but I'm fond of Ash for now.

And I agree. Those really were some crazy days.
 

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
1,364
0
0
thebobmaster said:
I'm still here. I mostly stick to user reviews, though. I've found my opinion on gaming matters differs quite a bit from the norm here, which makes debating tricky, and the off-topic forum is usually flooded with anti-Americans, something I obviously have an issue with.
Those were the exact reasons I left late last year and vowed never to come back. Also, rampant, rude anti-theism. Though I've been exploring in the past day and I'm finding some change in attitudes at least since yesterday. If this keeps up I may come back and be more prolific for a while.
 

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
10,312
0
0
Aylaine said:
sethzard said:
I'm technically an oldscapist though I never played a particularly big role in the escapist.
Also, I've never really left, I just don't post much.
In my opinion, if you helped this place grow in anyway, you've played a big role. :)

Souplex, there are legions here now. How will we organize all of the OldScapists? :eek:
Organize?
There were no plans to organize, we just all had to be here at once, and create and contribute to interesting discussion.
Simply post, and post well.
 

FootloosePhoenix

New member
Dec 23, 2010
313
0
0
Gee, it looks like the Sucker Punch forums isn't the only place where the old users consider the site overrun with (idiotic here optional) newbies. Good to know. Though also kind of really really depressing to see somewhere else on the Internet, especially since I'm on the other side of it in this case.
 

RagnorakTres

New member
Feb 10, 2009
1,869
0
0
Walks in, now with a beard and a knapsack, looks around, smiles and drops down in his accustomed place

Been a while, 'Scapist. I return, a bit older, a bit wearier, a bit more worldly. I've seen the haphazard and intermittent glory of Reddit, the horrors of 4chan and the Joy of Cooking. I see my old chair hasn't been filled and the basement has a whole new sequence of locking mechanisms on it. That, however, is not the basement and it has even more locks on it. I didn't think we had anything more horrifying than Xitel, what's in there?
 
Nov 28, 2007
10,686
0
0
RagnorakTres said:
Walks in, now with a beard and a knapsack, looks around, smiles and drops down in his accustomed place

Been a while, 'Scapist. I return, a bit older, a bit wearier, a bit more worldly. I've seen the haphazard and intermittent glory of Reddit, the horrors of 4chan and the Joy of Cooking. I see my old chair hasn't been filled and the basement has a whole new sequence of locking mechanisms on it. That, however, is not the basement and it has even more locks on it. I didn't think we had anything more horrifying than Xitel, what's in there?
The less you know, the better. Believe me, when the questioning starts, you'll be glad you are ignorant of the horrors surprises within.
 
Apr 28, 2008
14,634
0
0
Sassafrass said:
Soxafloppin said:
I've been around here for over 3 years, long enough to remember the Reign of Max the Reaper.

do I qualify as an Oldscapist?
Seeing as I still remember your old user name, probably.
Why was it changed, it was a glorious name! D:

OT: Am I old?
I feel old. ...Yeah, I'm old now.
I remember your old name!

It was Sasquatch. How ya doin' Sasquatch?
 

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Apr 6, 2020
51,250
1
3
Country
United Kingdom
Irridium said:
Sassafrass said:
Soxafloppin said:
I've been around here for over 3 years, long enough to remember the Reign of Max the Reaper.

do I qualify as an Oldscapist?
Seeing as I still remember your old user name, probably.
Why was it changed, it was a glorious name! D:

OT: Am I old?
I feel old. ...Yeah, I'm old now.
I remember your old name!

It was Sasquatch. How ya doin' Sasquatch?
Getting older, although not as old as the majority of the names that have popped up.
Although now you've called me by my old name, I'm feeling really old. But otherwise, I'm grand.

And you've changed back to your dancing ninja avatar. Man, I remember that back when I'd just joined up. :p
 
Apr 28, 2008
14,634
0
0
Sassafrass said:
Irridium said:
Sassafrass said:
Soxafloppin said:
I've been around here for over 3 years, long enough to remember the Reign of Max the Reaper.

do I qualify as an Oldscapist?
Seeing as I still remember your old user name, probably.
Why was it changed, it was a glorious name! D:

OT: Am I old?
I feel old. ...Yeah, I'm old now.
I remember your old name!

It was Sasquatch. How ya doin' Sasquatch?
Getting older, although not as old as the majority of the names that have popped up.
Although now you've called me by my old name, I'm feeling really old. But otherwise, I'm grand.

And you've changed back to your dancing ninja avatar. Man, I remember that back when I'd just joined up. :p
Good to hear, good to hear.

And yes, the dancing ninja is back. Seeing all the old names popping up got me to change it for old time's sake. Feels good. It's also interesting to see that lots of people thought I left because I stopped using it. Well, only like 3 people thought that, but still.