Poll: Fellow Oldscapists!

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Let's see what has change over the years...

-We complained that EA was evil back in 2008. (Haven't changed)
-We complained that we had too many World war 2 games. (Same sort of hate, different time period).
-Instead of an onslaught of "gender threads", we had an onslaught of "religion threads". (same as ww2 games)
-Bioware was defended and loved. If you dared to insult them, you were going to receive death threats. (replace "defended and loved" with "despised and hated" and "if you dare insult them" with "if you dare compliment them")
-We loved ponies back in the day before MLP...(Bronies)

Sheesh, Old escapist looks...not that different. Oh well... might as well join in on the fun instead.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Aylaine said:
*salutes*
*waves back*

Welcome back... we've missed your aura of calm around here! :)

OT: Ehm... haven't been here that long... only really know the vets by name and not really personally. Those I've conversed with are still around... -_-

Though it'd be nice to see [user]SiskoBlue[/user] back in /adv again...

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Glademaster said:
Nouw said:
Baldry said:
Redlin5 said:
Baldry said:
If you remember the great war then you're old enough to be here.
There have been many great wars, I have been neutral to all of the ones I have witnessed.

Specifics man.
How about before the great Zynga horde, that was two years ago if I remember, my mind ain't what it used to be.
Remember guys, ABZ! Anyone.But.Zynga. xD.
Who said it was gone or is that just what it wanted you to think?

OT: I certainly wouldn't mind getting some of the old users back as I've become a bit sick of this trend of

Join
Become Popular
????
Banned/Disappear to user groups.

Gets a bit lonely when you only see like 2 people from 08 posting in a thread and it is a cold day in hell someone from 07 or before posts. I understand people get caught it up in life but it is nice to see some people still exist.
i know what you mean this the largest gathering of 08 escapists i can remember. There should be an open gathering place of sorts, with a lawn, so that we may collectively threaten any trespassers of the afore mentioned lawn with guns and canes

but besides renowned "ancient" posters do any of you remember the old content like unforgotten realms? and there will be brawl?

also now that i think about it, besides zero punctuation there really isn't anything left of the old content. and i don't really count anything that was born from the escapist film festivals like

weatherfn said:
Holy crap, I've been a member for 4 years now?! And been lurking for 5? Well, nice to say hi to some of those I remember reading posts from long ago. I just miss the weekly magazine...

I'll go back in my lurker hole now. It's nice every so often to come out and see the sun. I'll come back out the next time they have a game or Puzzle Adventure. (Or if one of the whipper snappers really get my pants in a bunch!)
you should receive an accolade for your lurking skills, 4 years and 75 posts, most impressive

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
I'm still around and posts almost as infrequent as I have always done... although most won't remember me.

It is good to see a lot of faces/avatars/names I remember from my early days.

The troll-war and the Zynga-war were bloody though most happened while I could not participate (living in Europe and all that timezone trouble).

I unfortunately don't known any old escapists personally so I can't prod them into returning.

weatherfn

Oct 22, 2008
O maestre said:
you should receive an accolade for your lurking skills, 4 years and 75 posts, most impressive
I come for the content and stay to watch the fireworks, what can I say?

I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed... Maybe I'll get to 100 by year 5!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Redlin5 said:
Nouw said:
Well I just saw Ayaline in another thread, maybe it's working?
She's coming back out of her own accord. Found out via Formspring first. :p
Indeed, so did I. It's nice to see her coming back actually, nice to see some of the old crowd returning. Vive la revolucion!

(I say that and I'm probably one of the least recognised of the old crowd anyway... ;P)

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I been here a while, good to see this is a community that people stay in. A lot of forums etc I have been apart of died off, but this has always been a constant.

Captcha: Grilled Cheese - Yes please!

weatherfn said:
O maestre said:
I come for the content and stay to watch the fireworks, what can I say?

I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed... Maybe I'll get to 100 by year 5!
I think it's just a sign that if you have something to say, it must be a big deal!

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
I'm mostly just around for Miracle of Sound and Loading Ready Run these days. Got banned for a while, though. That was pretty fun.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Trivun said:
Redlin5 said:
Nouw said:
Well I just saw Ayaline in another thread, maybe it's working?
She's coming back out of her own accord. Found out via Formspring first. :p
Indeed, so did I. It's nice to see her coming back actually, nice to see some of the old crowd returning. Vive la revolucion!

(I say that and I'm probably one of the least recognised of the old crowd anyway... ;P)
You the least recognized? How so? I remember seeing you around quite a bit. Many of the still remaining "Older" escapists were ones that were known, from what I see.

Edit:I'd also like to see Khell_Sennet back. Just sayin'.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Aylaine said:
snippity snip
Just wanted to say I'm glad you're back

As far as grabbing Oldscapists, let's see about Bonsaik? He didn't get banned or anything, just flamed out over a bad thread. His advice was always pretty helpful

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Souplex said:
Help me Insanum! We need your fashion & traffic controlling skills to save us from the kettle!
You rang Soupy?

---

Also, The reason I disappeared overnight on the forums (save for the esc '12 thread); I discovered that its 'against the rules' to point out obvious trolling and decided my time was better elsewhere. (long story short, disagreement with moderator rules) I still pop back every now and again, but its not the same anymore folks.

<spoiler=I'd go back to this avy, however my current one is over the size limit and I wouldnt be able to get it back if I change it. Clicky on the box for my first avy for TOP LEVEL NOSTALGIABOMB>

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
Seeing all of these old avatars and names... Oh god! I'm having a nostalgia attack!
Help...me...

Reading through this thread really makes me smile at the way the Escapist Forums used to be...like it has been said, it's just a general feeling that's different from how it generally is nowadays.