Poll: Fellow Oldscapists!

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Baldry said:
Yeah but if it is only two books Sam gets fucked over, Dany either won't attack or dies, the white walkers will be a really shit attack and things will be really shit. It's either 3 books or a time jump. And I fuck the TV series, I'd rather have amazing books that take as long as GRRM wants then speed up and make shitty books. Not that I don't like the Tv series but it's no books. Either way it's gonna be years before we get the next book :(
I seriously detest Dany. She's the only character who's literally useless. And the excuse 'She's only a child' don't float either. Bran is doing fine, Arya is ever better, Possibly-Late Jon Snow is the bloody Lord Commander. So I'd prefer she died. @_@

And I'm no fan of the series either. It cuts corners but I'm more worried about the later seasons. If they are really gonna mash up book 3 and 4, then there are gonna be serious corner cuts. Which will make discussing SoI&F a huge pain. >.>

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
I used to be on here all the time, but then for some reason my old pc stopped loading the capatcha images and I could only post one comment a day. After a while I just faded away from the site. I miss the glory days...

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
mParadox said:
Baldry said:
Yeah but if it is only two books Sam gets fucked over, Dany either won't attack or dies, the white walkers will be a really shit attack and things will be really shit. It's either 3 books or a time jump. And I fuck the TV series, I'd rather have amazing books that take as long as GRRM wants then speed up and make shitty books. Not that I don't like the Tv series but it's no books. Either way it's gonna be years before we get the next book :(
I seriously detest Dany. She's the only character who's literally useless. And the excuse 'She's only a child' don't float either. Bran is doing fine, Arya is ever better, Possibly-Late Jon Snow is the bloody Lord Commander. So I'd prefer she died. @_@

And I'm no fan of the series either. It cuts corners but I'm more worried about the later seasons. If they are really gonna mash up book 3 and 4, then there are gonna be serious corner cuts. Which will make discussing SoI&F a huge pain. >.>
I blame it on her being a Targ' and walking a fine line between madness and greatness. She's a good queen, in the sense she wants what's best for her people, she's just not willing to do betray her morals for it. And I love Jon and all but he became an idiot once put in charge of the nights watch. Thankfully he'll be revived by Mel' and either continue as the night watch Lord Commander or become king of the north but I see him and Dany getting together and him having to kill her for the super magic lord of light sword.

I hate the whore they've added, fuck her. But they add some cool stuff, but they spoiled Illyrio and the eunuch, I never thought it was them and that was such a twist especially when you read Dance and you find out they're bezzies. Anyway thought they were splitting up 3 into to two seasons and then combining Dance with Feast since it makes more sense that way on TV, in the books it works better separate.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Sacman said:
I can hardly help with this revolution of yours... no one knew me back than and no one knows me right now... though I suppose it's better that way...

Also, I vote Aylaine leader...<.<

This thread makes me feel old and somewhat depressed...>.<
Unless you change your Lain avatar I will remember you(also your name stands out). You were a little more active at the beginning though.

Seen so many people come and go (and be banned).
I also didn't expect Aylaine to return. I vote for anarchy (that or power to the people :p )

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I joined in early 2009, after having lurked for some time. I remember the great fiddling with MaxtheReaper, the days of ubridled fun with Hubilub and Furbert, the witty banter with DementedTeddy, and of course Pimppeter, but he already showed up so i don't feel I need to describe him, he's very capable of that himself. And I refuse to use the term glory days, for one must try to make the present into the glory days of the future, which is very hard indeed when all we do is discussing the ending to ME3 and banter about the glory days of when we all talked about our favourite superpowers.

Jun 11, 2008
O maestre said:
Glademaster said:
O maestre said:
i know what you mean this the largest gathering of 08 escapists i can remember. There should be an open gathering place of sorts, with a lawn, so that we may collectively threaten any trespassers of the afore mentioned lawn with guns and canes

but besides renowned "ancient" posters do any of you remember the old content like unforgotten realms? and there will be brawl?

also now that i think about it, besides zero punctuation there really isn't anything left of the old content. and i don't really count anything that was born from the escapist film festivals like
I still go back and watch some of the old stuff but it gets hard to find it on the site. Also urealms is on another site.
what seriously the series continued!??? damn i have some catching up to do
It is on urelams.com and it continued a bit but it hasn't been updated in a long time.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
mParadox said:
Well my hugs are awesome. Regardless of whether they are virtual or physical. >,> *hugs arm*
GAAAAAAHHH!!! GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME!!!!! *runs around like crazy flailing arms around with Para still attached to one of them*

Captcha: gathers moss. Yes, if Para remains stuck to my arm he'll start gathering moss. You don't want that, now do you, Para?!?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Am I an Oldscapist? I don't know. I've been here for years, but I don't pay attention to anything.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I remember so many things from this site, man...I used to be on constantly and I also lurked since early 2008. I just stayed here all day and read videogame discussion, I can't even imagine doing that now.

My most cherished times were from around 2008-mid 2009 when the PS3 vs Xbox battle was still raging vehemently and literally every single thread would derail into heated arguments about which console had the better AAA lineup and phrases like 'don't forget about White Knight Chronicles' or 'Xbox dashboard is far superior' would keep popping up. Back then you could just feel the energy and passion that a lot of guys had writing about this stuff. There was this guy with an avatar of a heavy metal band zombie like thing and he was the leader of the PS3 and also a really cool guy. I can't remember his name, shame.

Then the period of witty, short responses and nonsensical half joke arguments (along with an influx of 'your favorite type of...' threads) came and I more or less lost interest. I mean MaxtheReaper was good at writing comedy, but like all good things, his style was copied by everyone and long detailed responses made way to short half-funny nonsense which killed most well thoughtout arguments or topics in the bud. Kinda sad.

Anyone remember Max's 'Who keeps computers in the kitchen?' post. Hilarious as fk.

I remember this really cool dude (a regular) writing his last post about why he was leaving the site some months ago (maybe a year or so?) and he said something along the lines of 'the Escapist once felt like the familiar pub around the street corner and now it's turned into a sports bar'. He was kinda right I think.

I love the memories that the Escapist has left me with. Amazing times.

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
Well, according to some criteria I am an Oldscapist, though I don't really feel as one. Spent my three years or so here lurking and posting in the scary thread. But I am surprised to see that I remember most of the events mentioned here, lurked through them, doesn't feel as mush time has passed.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Mr.Pandah said:
Fappy said:
Do I count as an Oldscapist? I feel old.
Well, I definitely feel like you've been here for a while. Always see the cat around.
Good :D

My posting frequency kind of jumped in the past year, but I've been posting a few times a week since college. Not sure how long I've had my current avatar, but I am pretty sure it's been over a year at least.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Fappy said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Fappy said:
Well, I definitely feel like you've been here for a while. Always see the cat around.

My posting frequency kind of jumped in the past year, but I've been posting a few times a week since college. Not sure how long I've had my current avatar, but I am pretty sure it's been over a year at least.
I've had mine since the get-go. Not sure how many of the new people recognize it, but I like to think the oldies do. =)

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Souplex said:
Nouw said:
Is there an age cut-off for OldScapists :p?
March of 09 means you were there for the glory days.
And here I was thinking that my thoughts of the Escapist forums having turned to shit were the usual nostalgic bullshit. But if others think the same, maybe it has really turned to shit!

Seriously though I used to spend a lot of time here and now everytime I get here it's either gender threads or ME3 threads.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Fappy said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Fappy said:

I've had mine since the get-go. Not sure how many of the new people recognize it, but I like to think the oldies do. =)
I totally recognize your avatar. I remember you and melty-face Ekonk used to post quite often. Me, I'm a lurker. Doesn't matter how long I've been here, I don't really contribute :(

Right, what's this thread for? The forums used to better? Right... well, everytime I've made a thread on these other boards I post on, they're ignored. So, I'm not the guy to turn to for taking back the Escapist forums. Sorry. But, I'll cheer you guys on silently from the shadows.

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
I don't post much, but I've been around awhile. I love the old tangents the threads used to go on, but there's good new stuff as well. I am, however, going to use this opportunity to suggest that we resurrect this thread, or at least use it as reference for resuscitating the forums: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.70218-The-Customer-Is-Always-Wrong.
I would love to see us get back to this level of discourse again. Peace!

Feb 28, 2008
My policy of thou-shalt-lurk-but-not-post, which held up for several years, means that although I'm technically an Oldscapist, I really have no idea who you people are or why these days were glorious.

... also I'm a terrible unsociable bugger, so I probably wouldn't frolick in the euphoria even if I did.

Feb 28, 2008
... and speaking of new developments, where the heck has the 'EDIT' button gone? I actually can't find the damn thing anywhere!

And apparently I'm 'older' than most of the people here. How odd.