Poll: Fellow Oldscapists!

CrazyDave DC

Apr 14, 2010
Souplex said:
The first person to correctly guess where I stole that speech from gets a cookie.
Maybe I'm way off on this, but this sounds like Napoleon after he escaped from Elba and began the last Hundred Days of his rule ending with the Battle of Waterloo. Even if I'm wrong, which I seriously hope I'm not, his last ditch effort and appeal to his fellow citizens basically encapsulates the same emotional appeal you're making now.

Do I have my cookie?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm a part-time 'Scapist these days but I have to post in this thread. Good to see y'all are still around.
Terramax said:
Anyone remember what happened to 'Maxthereaper'? I wonder what he's doing nowadays.
I remember he got banned for something worth getting banned over, nothing chincy. I also wonder what he's been up to.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
It's so weird seeing people in this thread that I recognize from when I first joined.

The most notable events I remember are the Zynga Horde and a couple of troll attacks, but that's about it. Then again, I've never been known for having a photographic memory.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Terramax said:
Anyone remember what happened to 'Maxthereaper'? I wonder what he's doing nowadays.
He got banned... it was for something punishable by ban... that's about it...<.<

There's actually a thread out there where you can see his last post... despite the thread being 404'd...

but yeah he's just gone...<.<

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
I've had mine since the get-go. Not sure how many of the new people recognize it, but I like to think the oldies do. =)
I remember you. You used to post quite a bit, back when I didn't.

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
Souplex said:
Many of the posters who made these forums great have either drifted away, retreated into user-groups, or been banned, and these forums are withering under a pile of gender threads and gimmick threads.
I haven't posted on here since my last account but this caught my eye, I pop back here occasionally for reviews and this was front page. I sometimes wish I could still enjoy discussions here because for about three years this site was a big part of my daily Internet usage.

Having said that, you know that this'll never happen and you're better off just letting it go. Too many users got burned for speaking their minds for them to ever want to come back, the forum turned into an echo chamber and worthwhile discussion has been destroyed here. Let anyone say what they will about 4chan but no one tries to stop you having an opinion, here you have a certain viewpoint or you're silenced, just one look at how they treat banned posters posts would tell you that.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Lopende Paddo said:
I think i missed a lot in the years passed...
Holy crap! You don't just define what it means to be "lurker", you've defeated the very concept of being an "Old-Timer". Only 56 posts in over 8 years? That is Silent Bob level silence.

You, sir, have invented a type of epic I will forever be unable to touch.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Yeah, I arrived back in June '09, just in time to hype, get confused by and ultimately shun Modern Warfare 2. Then of course we have the March mayhem "Zynga edition", The Rise and Fall of Extra Credits and the exodus of a lot of memorable forum personalities.

Mostly just lurk now. After having EDI's "crewmate" part of Mass Effect 3 spoiled for me during the leaks back in december, I stay away from the forums mostly. Having a decline in passion for games in general and the constant Bioware threads doesn't help either.

But alas, I miss the old days.

CudaSpawn

Jun 25, 2009
yea long time lurker even after account creation is it sad if i can remember Maxthereaper begin active on the forms who else remembers the weekly news letter (i think thats what it was called)?

Hman121

Feb 26, 2009
I was there for the Serial Killer thread from the start... I should probably play again soon :D

Feb 28, 2008
Dusty Donuts said:
MasterOfHisOwnDomain said:
Woaaah, that's even less posts than me!
I did like, 800 in 2009 and 200 now. :p
It's because I'm very active in another forum (with over 3,500 posts), and in places like Wikipedia. There's only so much virtual life you can take...

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'm surprised I qualify for being "Oldscapist." That said, unlike some of the bigger names here, I'm not well known or anything like that. Just some guy who posts whenever something gets his attention. Usually through facebook because it's a few seconds faster and friends on FB can see it too.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I dont't even know if i qualify as an Oldscapist. I dont't post that much and i've changed my avatar, so probably nobody here remembers me. But i do recognize most of the people posting here!

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Abomination Protection Agent Jaythulhu will be floating about some random part of reality waiting to take in any stray or injured monstrosities displaced by future oldscapist vs newscapist combat.

Not sure if I count as an oldscapist though, I haven't really left the forums. Still, if the neutral bunker needs a smartarse master nacho maker...

-----
Captcha: Wash Whites Separately. Good advice for when you've been dealing with unholy beasts from beyond reality.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm an old person. I'm an old person! Let me in!

*jumps on the bandwagon*

So ... what now, people?

albear

May 18, 2009
Souplex said:
Generally having joined 2010 or earlier.
But it's not exact.
There are people who joined in 2011 who carry the OldScapist spirit.
So the criteria for being an oldscapist is if youve been here longer than a year ..... :\