Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
rokkolpo said:
Nunny said:
rokkolpo said:
Nunny said:
rokkolpo said:
Nunny said:
rokkolpo said:
Nunny said:
rokkolpo said:
Nunny said:
Depends, if the genders were reversed would you think the same thing?
Ofcourse not, but that's not the issue.

Boys and girls are different.
We are all sexist at heart.

And really I know more than one 19 year old guy in a sexual relationship with a 14 year old.
The difference is almost invisible in appearance and mind.

In short, this should not be a crime at all.
As long as this isnt a crime no matter if it is a male or female then thats fine, if its a crime only if its a male while a female it shouldnt then something is wrong.
Could you rephrase the bold part.
I don't really understand what you mean.
Im considerably drunk atm so excuse my wording.

uh....basicaly, if this was a male instead of a female, no one would give a stuff if they charged, the only reason anyone cares is because the baby sitter is female.
That is entirely true, that's us humans for ya.
We just care more for our girls than our men.

It's definitely flawed but it's how the world works.
Of course, but we are talking law here, things should be equal no matter how humans are flawed.
They indeed shouldn't, yet they are.
Because people are running court, not robots.

And as long as people run court cute girls will get that extra inch of needed leverage.
Nothing we can do about it really.
Then its fucking discracful, and i shall give a drunken finger to whomever rules based on gender bias.

*hic*
Haha, cheers to that mate!
^.^ damn right damn right

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
If the person on embed picture in original post is the babysitter, I don't get what's the problem. It's not like she's ugly.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
orangeban said:
Vrach said:
Blitzwing said:
Vrach said:
Blitzwing said:
Vrach said:
Blitzwing said:
Vrach said:
Consentual sex, no crime here as far as I can see. No, not saying it because she's hot and not saying it because the younger person is a male. I know girls who've had sex at that age with a guy who was 19, big whoop, they both wanted it, it's their choice.
The crime was statutory rape the boy was 14 and thus under the age of consent.
Thanks for telling me what I already know, it doesn't change the fact that I don't see it as a crime or something at all bad. If she got him drunk/incapacitated or otherwise raped him, it'd be wrong, yes, but I am of the opinion that a 14 year old human being has more than enough reason in them to make a decision of whether or not they wanna have sex.
It doesn?t really matter what your opinion is that slut still committed a crime and must be punished same as any other criminal.
Oh, you're one of those people >.>
What do you mean one of those people?
People who don't put any personal thought into a situation, instead hiding behind things like rules, law, religion and similar. Oh and those people who call others "slut" for having sex.
I don't agree with calling the girl a "slut" (I think that word should be abolished) but here's the thing, she broke laws, law-breakers get punished. That's how it works, and that's how it's gonna have to work here.
Yeah, no one's disputing that, what this thread seems to exist for, according to the question of the OP, is to discuss whether that law is just, necessary and what have you. I'm merely expressing my opinion that I don't think it is. A 14 year old is perfectly capable of having a relationship, even one that involves sex. I don't think that their partner being 19 at the time is something that changes that fact.

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
A girl and her 5-6 year younger boyfriend, dating for months, drinking occurs as well as sex. His mother disapproves, charges are brought.

Honestly, I think that she should indeed get legal trouble, but not because of the sex. Assuming I've researched correctly, Connecticut only has an exception for drinking under 21 due to both location and family and she is not family and under 21 as well. I love that the news report is talking about some adult woman preying on children, when its someone who can't legally drink, with a boy pretty close to watching Kick-ass, starship troopers, Love and other drugs...
The sex thing...honestly, all the tricky legal boundaries aside, at 14, and with months of dating in the past? It seems more like something that should have been noticed by the parents and dealt with as such. And quite possibly, fine to let continue. A babysitter at that age seems a little ridiculous anyway. In under 2 years, the relationship could well be continuing, assuming it survives all this public fuss and whatever manner of hell the mother is trying to bring down.

I suspect my opinion is a less than common one though.

Mar 5, 2011
RagTagBand said:
ITT : 200+ People who would be literally baying for blood if it were a male babysitter who got a 14 year old girl drunk and had sex with her, but because its an attractive girl they're all jealous of the 14 year old.

Or to put it simply, The vast majority of the respondents who think this is all perfectly fine are hypocritical, forever alone, sexist 12 year olds boys.
Okay, what if the genders were reversed but the 20 year old man looked like this,

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
If you feel that your response is still valid I don't really know what else to say.

In your mind imagine this dude:

with this girl:
It's ok, he's hot. She totally scored.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Glass Joe the Champ said:
(Story found here [http://abcnews.go.com/US/connecticut-babysitter-accused-sexually-assaulting-14-year-boy/story?id=14238187] if you wanna read it)

The article is pretty skimpy on the details, but the gist of it is that there's a 20-year old babysitter who was charged with sexual assault of a 14-year old boy she babysat. She allegedly got him drunk before sleeping with him, and legally, that makes it sexual assault (because she intoxicated someone with the purpose of clouding their mental judgement before seducing them). She's facing jail time, but her lawyer says that she needs rehab instead.
Legally, the fact that the boy is 14 makes it sexual assault.

The events aren't explained in detail, but honestly, I don't feel like she should be in jail (even though "sex rehab" is a load of bullocks). Part of it is that while 14 is too young to have sex with an adult imo, the age gap between her and the guy is only 6 years or so.

The main reason I don't take this seriously though, and I really don't want to admit it; is that she's an attractive young female as opposed to the stereotypical sex offender. All hate for double standards aside, would you really send this woman to jail for getting a teen drunk and having sex with him?

you mean this woman?

Honestly, I find it a bit crass that you went looking for hotter photos of the accused rather than more information about the facts of the case.

I honestly don't know whether to have contempt for this girl, or to make a stupid joke about the kid being a hero. What do you guys think?

[HEADING=1] BIG, NOTICEABLE EDIT: [/HEADING]

Another site said they were in a sexual relationship for several months, and his mom was the one who reported her. This almost definitely means that she didn't use the alcohol to force him into sex, and that were both consenting. Many people would still find this wrong, but a lot of you were confused whether or not the sex was forced. Also worth mentioning is that the relationship started when he was 14 and she was 19, so it's more of a 5 year-ish difference.

Sorry that I didn't have the full story when I made the topic. My bad...
The law is the law is the law is the law. Being a cute girl isn't a defense. Having a long-term sexual relationship with a child isn't a defense. She used her position of authority over the boy to coerce him into having sex, which is a clear violation of <a href=www.justdetention.org/pdf/legalresources/connecticut%2053a-71.pdf>Connecticut law:

(a) A person is guilty of sexual assault in the second degree when such person engages in
sexual intercourse with another person and:
(10) the actor is twenty years of age or older and stands in a position of power,
authority or supervision over such other person by virtue of the actor's professional,
legal, occupational or volunteer status and such other person's participation in a
program or activity, and such other person is under eighteen years of age.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Reminds me of this South Park ep: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e10-miss-teacher-bangs-a-boy

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Something's fishy here. Why hire a sexy 20 year old to babysit a 14 year old? I was old enough to stay home by myself by about 11, I think. And this was going on for months and the mom "reported" it. Does that mean she knew about it for months, but because he didn't do his homework or some shit, she decided to send a woman to prison?

Also, not all 14 year old boys are created equal. Some look like "boys," but my mom taught 5th graders who looked like 30 year old men (and some were.. zing!). All I'm saying is that you put those two demographics alone in a room together for months, something will probably happen, even if you switch the genders. That's why you should never hang out with teenagers, even if you are one.

If it were up to me, the law wouldn't work the way that it does. I'd probably install some sort of consent variation. Like if you're above 10, you can consent to a person up to 7 years older than you. Regulating consensual sex is such a weird concept when you think about it, though. You can agree to things as a child. It is possible, yet we don't want people preying on our kids. It's hard for me intellectually to reconcile those two ideas.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
14 was the age of consent here in manitoba for the longest time and everyone was ok with it till someone here started takeing pictures of 19 yr old girls and sensationalism turned everyone into prudes and they jacked it to 15 with parental consent and 16 w/o.

as for the boy having sex.
well practice makes perfect.
im proud of you son.

seriously though, in my opinoin having sex early can take the stigma off of it and keep it from becoming an object of taboo and awkwardness someone comfortable with sex will have much better relationships due to the fact that that person will more likely not cause any undue tension surrounding the sexual aspect of his/her realatonship essentially im saying expiriancing life can make you more mature. unfortunatey by dragging this kids expiriance through the juctice grinder you are doing the opposite; essentially enforcing a pathological stigma that will connect sex with punishement.

im more worrid that the babysitter is teaching irresponsible sexual and drinking habits, than acctually having the sex.

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
I am extremely confident that if this were the other way around, my stance would be 100% the same. Mostly because I've BEEN in such a relationship and gender flipped or not, its fine.

Hell, 14? I just happened to be reading through the Love FAQ article...Its just a joke, but the bit that goes:
f course you can be friends with the opposite sex. It's insulting to both genders to assume that all humans (but let's be fair here; the finger usually points at men) are so consumed with their genitals that they're incapable of thought beyond which warm and wriggly thing to jam up against next. Fourteen-year-olds, maybe. But not the rest of us.
A completely reasonable admission that 14 year olds think about sex, are sexually aware and capable and this is far from impossible to being a perfectly healthy thing.
The ensuing trial and recriminations might be a hell of a lot less healthy, I'd LOVE to see some quotes from the boy and see what HE has to say about the whole deal. But then, it wouldn't fit in with the story of "horrible and completely adult babysitter twists and corrupts defenceless young child against their will" angle that looms and seems pretty mandatory, regardless of context or circumstance.

HotKakes

Aug 2, 2008
I somewhat agree that the punishment should be alleviated since the case has different circumstances considering that the action was consensual. Of course, I don't think she should get off Scott-free since the laws that have been implemented are juvenile at times but are there for the order of things. Still, if exceptions were given to the incident, there would be that blurry line of exception that no one would like. So, personally I want her to take a small punishment and reconcile, but legally she's going to get a larger sentence.

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
It's illegal. The fact that she's a pretty girl doesn't mean she should get away with it. She should get the exact same punishment as if I, a not terribly attractive man, had slept with a 14 year old girl.

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
Just let the boy decide, unless they avoid protection and/or he has some kind of weird obsession with her making him not psychology well. And isn't it possible that they simple are in love? I'd hate to be the guy that gets tricked but shouldn't that at least be considered?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Sacman said:
My parents would give me a high five if I ever did something like that...<.<
Bang a 14-year-old???
I kid, I kid.
¨
Same here thou...<.<

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Typically I'm all for dumping hellfire and brimstone on women every chance I can get but...

This is something I don't really think should be an issue if the genders were swapped, so it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to somehow be offended when the "traditional" setup for this situation gets reversed. It would be one thing if there was some sort of coercion or something, but from the sounds of things mom didn't hide her booze well enough and two teenagers found it, got drunk, and did what drunk teenagers do. Mom's just jealous that her little boy is growing up and wants to take it out on pretty much anyone she can.

Also, to the OP, why does being attractive somehow prevent her from being a criminal? That doesn't really make any sense.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Woman is damn hot, what a shame she deserves jail and nothing but it.
She broke the law, simple as that. Had it been a 19 yr old man with a girl everyone would be OUTRAGED!

Fledge

Jan 28, 2010
StBishop said:
Dags90 said:
Go directly to jail[footnote]After the trial, of course[/footnote]. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Bonus of sex offender registry from community chest.

This is what a fourteen year old boy looks like (Not the one from this case, from another):

Do you honestly think 20 year olds of any sex should be fucking that?
Agreed.

At 14 I'd have tried to sleep with her, but that's why there's a law, 14 year olds are stupid/naive.

I don't care how attractive she is, she shouldn't have slept with him. If it'd been his girlfriend who was one year older than him and they were on either side of the legal age of consent, it'd be a different story.

You can't be allowing people to sleep with minors. Regardless of gender.

What if the kid is actually a homosexual, would this change your opinion of the case?

What if he were straight and it'd been a man?

What if it'd been a priest?

You can't just allow people to abuse children because you think the child wanted it. It's not a case by case basis of how hot they are.
He's not wrong.

Liam Barden

Jun 20, 2011
FFKonoko said:
I am extremely confident that if this were the other way around, my stance would be 100% the same. Mostly because I've BEEN in such a relationship and gender flipped or not, its fine.

Hell, 14? I just happened to be reading through the Love FAQ article...Its just a joke, but the bit that goes:
f course you can be friends with the opposite sex. It's insulting to both genders to assume that all humans (but let's be fair here; the finger usually points at men) are so consumed with their genitals that they're incapable of thought beyond which warm and wriggly thing to jam up against next. Fourteen-year-olds, maybe. But not the rest of us.
A completely reasonable admission that 14 year olds think about sex, are sexually aware and capable and this is far from impossible to being a perfectly healthy thing.
The ensuing trial and recriminations might be a hell of a lot less healthy, I'd LOVE to see some quotes from the boy and see what HE has to say about the whole deal. But then, it wouldn't fit in with the story of "horrible and completely adult babysitter twists and corrupts defenceless young child against their will" angle that looms and seems pretty mandatory, regardless of context or circumstance.
Get this man a medal