Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Dude! Look at her. Lucky kid. I don't know why I find this less disturbing than if it were a 14 year old girl.

The kid is 14. He is most likely already sexually aware. I seriously doubt she "tricked" him into it. I know if I were the 14 year old it would have gone down pretty much the same.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Dags90 said:
Go directly to jail[footnote]After the trial, of course[/footnote]. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Bonus of sex offender registry from community chest.

This is what a fourteen year old boy looks like (Not the one from this case, from another):
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/06/11/image5082228x.jpg

Do you honestly think 20 year olds of any sex should be fucking that?

bieber fans?

but in all seriousness, that is a crime and we should make no exceptions...but give that kid a high five!

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
bakan said:
You talk about the adapting brain which is totally fine, and then you post an article about puberty with the age of 9 which is a problem I know of, because my sister had to take hormones to postpone puberty.
It still doesn't change that kids this day are able to cope with sex at a regular basis at the age of 14/15 (due to physical and mental development at a younger age) and that is the legal age in several countries, some countries just didn't adapt yet.
And I stay by it, if it was consensual like it seems to be because they were in a relationship for several month there shouldn't be a problem.
I am not talking about a thirty year old doing it with 12 year old.
Both are teenagers in this case with a 5 year difference.
1. The article clearly states that this development is not natural and that even though the children are physically ready for it they are not yet emotionally ready.

2. There is a very large difference between having sex with someone of your age and having sex with an adult peer. A 20 year-old who is also your babysitter is clearly an adult peer, that's the whole point of a babysitter.

3. Both are not teenagers. A teenager is someone who is not a legal adult but has started puberty. She is a legal adult, she's no longer a teenager. And yes, I realize that the 'teen' part refers to ten. But it's a synonym of adolescent which is defined as "A young person who has undergone puberty but who has not reached full maturity; a teenager."

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Totenkopf said:
I have to say, I like the concept.
The combination of the procedure before the execution itself gives it all a good feel of importance, but to be honest I have two problems with it. The first is, that in my opinion, the staircase should lead downwards, symbolizing the descent of the criminal to hell. The second is that the death of the criminal is, thanks to the pit, invisible, I however think that the visibility of the death is very important to make it all a good, horrific sight.

But since this is all I know about your game, I'll assume that your version is by far more fitting, and it's a quite nice idea!
Oh, just some tweaks here and there in the culture make it work, trust me. The ascension, rather than descension, is mostly just to get to the high spot. There's... no real equivalent of "hell", but I didn't explain that. After death, your soul goes to the "Lani", which is basically just a pantheistic term for God, as a dimension... it's a fantasy world. Basically Lani = God, Lani is a sort of parallel dimension made of ether, and it's how magic works in it, etc.

The reason the death isn't seen is mostly because A: The opening to the pit and the place where the audience is standing are all ground level, so if you're executing a rather portly fellow, you'd always have to adjust the distance, and no one in back could see anyways. No real stands for it. It's more of a "Justice is done, they are dead", than a "Splattery giblets everywhere" scene, but rest assured there are a few souls in the crowd that would like to see.

That being said, that's just how they handle it in the capital of the Lowlands, in Eshenra (The human province, the human-like race is called Eshenji). It's different not only in other parts of the world with other races, but also even in Eshenra. Though almost all societies in Eshenra send outcasts into the Dead Fields in the Lowlands.

Kargathia said:
In theory I like the idea. I just have one issue with it.

How many people do you know who would be willing and able to make a speech at a moment like this?
Hell, most people can't make a coherent public speech to save their life.
It's true, and most criminals would most likely not bother. It's sort of an option, if you have any last words, more than a speech. Sometimes "Sorry", or "Fuck the law" would be all they say, but they get the chance to say it. Though I suppose some people would have some semblance of peace in that death is inevitable. You'd be given a poison beforehand that would cause rapid atrophy, and the elimination of your "magic defense" (Basically a health bar, a sort of magic coating between the skin and muscles that stops most fatal blows until drained).

If you guys are interested in more stuff about it, keep in mind I'm working diligently to turn this into a P&P RPG. Skills, Stats, Careers(Classes), and most of the technical aspects done, now's just the variables, like the races, cultures, creatures, etc.

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
It's funny how much of a case it is.
I wonder, what is the age that allows you to have a gun in U.S., it probably won't surprise me to to find out it's below 14 >D. (Not curious enough to actually look for it)
Why would 14 year old need a babysitter is beyond me.
On the less attractive photos she does look like 14 years old so... xD

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
wait a minute......what was her reason for banging a 14 year old when shes a smokeing hot 19 year old?

what kind of baggage was she carrying?

Raika

Jul 31, 2011

Nice.

No, but in all seriousness, as much as I personally would have loved to get it on with a hot older lady at fourteen(and as much as I'm sure many people would enjoy that), the bottom line is that when this lady did what she did, she broke the law. I don't care how hot she is(7/10).

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
Liam Barden said:
Get this man a medal
Man? I think you missed the meaning of the bit about gender flipping. Though I figure, not enough difference that it can stop someone who has been the 14 year old in such an event to say "I don't think that part is bad and would think the same regardless of the genders involved. Consent and dating with a 5/6 year age gap at 14 and 20? Go for it.". =p

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
-snip-
Consent is the defining issue in rape.
So, it's only statutory rape because the boy was underage, not because he didn't want to have sex. Which is, in my opinion, a complete misnomer because rape with consent is simply sex.
If a minor was forced to have sex against their will, then yes it's rape. But if they consented to have sex, then even if it's still criminalised, it should be called something else. This case is only being called 'statutory rape' because of the negative connotations the word has, in order to make the kid look more like the victim. Being forced to have sex is a world away from a 14 year old guy willingly fooling around with a girl who's older than him, and the terminology used in the law should reflect that.
Your post is excellent and I agree so very hard with a lot of it.

Sabazios

Mar 21, 2010
Keep on pretending teenagers have no sexual desires, Puritan America. It won't cause irreparable damage to your society, honest.

Yorkshire_matt

Apr 7, 2009
We're meant to expect that a 20 year old forced the young lad to have sex with her?

Details in these cases never come out clear and the whole story is never really told

RicoGrey

Oct 27, 2009
I would send her to jail just for getting the kid drunk. I would send her to jail just for having sexual relations with the kid. Put them both together, regardless of the 14 year old's consent, and I would definitely send her to jail.

Not a lengthy prison sentence, not sure how long, but not long enough to set her life back very far. Long enough to get the point across, I would also sentence her to therapy of some sort. Oh, and of course, she would need to register as a sex offender.

basedg0d_a0s

Jul 25, 2011
Sarge034 said:
Look at it like this.

What if it was a 20 year old male babysitter who got a 14 year old girl drunk and slept with her?

That's right people would be screaming for blood.

But seriously why is this even up for debate?

Providing alcohol to a minor
Sexual assault
Sexual assault of a minor
going with this. i agree with the points you made. overall it isn't right and the fact that you pointed out if it was the other way around then right away most people would think differently about this. either way it isn't right and she deserves to go to jail, once she gets out she can then go to rehab.

Apr 5, 2008
Glass Joe the Champ said:
The main reason I don't take this seriously though, and I really don't want to admit it; is that she's an attractive young female as opposed to the stereotypical sex offender. All hate for double standards aside, would you really send this woman to jail for getting a teen drunk and having sex with him?
Here is the thing...swap "he" and "she" around so you have a 20 year old man having sex with a 14 year old girl he got drunk? 14 is a minor and not legally able to give consent. In the USA I believe it's called statutory rape. It doesn't matter what sex the minor is.

If it was a case of say a 16 and a 15 year old, which in the UK for example is still technically illegal, I would say something different. It's a very grey area when it comes to teens having and wanting sex and the legal age for consent. There's many variations. The argument that the law is absolute is, though not always fair, at least consistent enough that a) it is used fairly and b) everyone knows about it. The age difference in this case is significant. Were they 21 and 27 or even 19 and 25 it wouldn't be an issue, but a 14 year old is a kid/adolescent and a 20 year old is an adult.

So yes, she's a rapist, albeit quite a hot one.

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
Give the kid a medal, better yet, give him a trophy. No, give him a car key and a hug. Because... WOW... way to go kid xD

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
2 questions. 1. Why is the kid still being watched like that at 14? 2.Why did she stoop that low for a 14 year old, I personally think she's hot, so I'm sure that she could get a boyfriend her age very easily.

But I voted for giving the kid a medal.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Yes. There is a double standard in place. And I think you should give that boy his "luckiest boy alive medal".

Here is why:

This debate is similar to the one we had about a black guy playing a norse god in Thor: Obviously there is a double standard in place. But that is just how life works. The idea that everyone should be held to the same standards, regardless of gender/race/sexuality, is, at best, a theoretical illusion and at worst a dream.

Fourteen-year-old boys are hell of a lot different than fourteen-year old girls. The first ones pretty much spend all their time wondering about sex, while the later one are as easy to arouse as a beach blanket.

That is why there is a double standard in place here. And that is fine.

Of course in the end it all comes down to what the boy says. If says "I feel traumatized. I did not want that", she should be punished.

But if he simply says "What is this crap about? Look at that chick, she is hot!", who exactly would benefit from her punishment?