Poll: Final Fantasy VII

JenXXXJen

Mar 11, 2009
asinann said:
Console exclusives and the wanting of them is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

It only hurts two groups of people: the developers and the consumers (and the consumers are hurt more than the developers.)

The ONLY reason FFXIII vs. is coming out, is because Sony threatened to sue Square for breach of contract when they decided to port FFXIII over to the 360. That means it's probably going to be FFXIII with a few added features, maybe an added in half developed character and a quest or two.

But maybe, just MAYBE if Square would make a good FF game (they've all been garbage for one reason or another since VII) people would buy a console just to play the game.

Reasons for dislike of recent FF games since people will probably freak out:
VIII- Squall, everything about squall made me want to find the guy who came up with him and beat him to death with the flat of a gunblade.
IX- The game was way WAY too cutesy. And why make the game about a bunch of bloody 9 year olds other than it was FFIX?
X- RPG's should NEVER be that linear. That and Tidus was a punk.
X2- It was a fan service game, I like to call it Pretty Princess Dressup.
XII- The battle system and the story were both atrocious.

And the biggest problem I've had with them since VII: they keep getting shorter and shorter every game (though XII was an improvement on X2.)
1. FFXIII and FF Versus XIII are completely different games, and were announced at the same time, along with FF Agito XIII for the PSP. A quick look on Wikipedia would have sorted that out for you. EDIT: Ninjaaaa'd!

2. Plenty of people will disagree with you about which one's are good or shit, best to add a simple "IMO" to avoid a fanboy flame war

3. The games are as long as you make them, XII I think can technically be the longest because of all those hunt sidequests, even though they were boring and repetative as shit.

If they do remake, they ought to do it multiplatform, I'm not particularly fussed. I reallt hope they get rid of random battles though, they actually make me want to break the disc in half whenever I think about them.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
On topic, if they were to remake FFVII for any system (I would buy a PS3 for this game) the only thing they need do is a graphical overhaul. No voice acting, no gameplay tweaks, maybe a few added bosses for fun (although it would be hard to make something harder than Emerald Weapon in my opinion).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
A DS port or remake would be great. Its far from my favorite FF game...but I'd play it again on the DS.

BUG.exe

Mar 11, 2009
FF7 was great, dont get me wrong, but i think it should laid to rest. there's not much reason for square to spend tons of money on making a game that everybody already has or could go get for like $5 at their local gamestop or vintage stock (if you have vintage stock), or just ebay.

zetsolo

Nov 4, 2008
True 7 is a cool game but at the end it's not even the cream of the crop of that series. I loved what they did for 4 on the DS. If they DO remake 7 they should also remake 6

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
If a remake was ever considered, I'd love it to be on the PS3 and 360.
Imagine, FINALLY you'll have consistent graphics.

Vincent V

Nov 12, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
Don't Sony own the rights to ff7? Squeenix are all for multi-platform games these days but if they did remake 7 wouldn't it have to be PS3 exclusive?
The rights to all the FF games remain in the Hands of Square Enix. Although, the contract for PS1 exclusivity has obviously run out and, as such, all the PS1 games can be re-released at Squeenix's discretion.

roblikestoskate

Oct 16, 2008
Mushroom123 said:
I am getting a bit tired of developers trying to shoe-horn in needless wiggle controls onto everything. FFVII on Wii could quite easily have sideways wii remote or remote and nunchuck controls without gimmicky motion controls.
In the eyes of a hardcore gamer, the Wii is dead.

Vincent V

Nov 12, 2008
roblikestoskate said:
Mushroom123 said:
I am getting a bit tired of developers trying to shoe-horn in needless wiggle controls onto everything. FFVII on Wii could quite easily have sideways wii remote or remote and nunchuck controls without gimmicky motion controls.
In the eyes of a hardcore gamer, the Wii is dead.
Indeed. I couldn't agree more. i might sell mine.

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
Space Spoons said:
I guess you're talking about a remake. You might want to make that clearer in the first post/thread title.

Personally, I believe if Square is going to remake VII, they should go for the gusto and opt for a complete graphical overhaul for the PS3 and 360. I've never had any qualms with the gameplay (I adore the Materia system), but there's no getting around the facts: Those graphics are fugly. There's no excuse to be seeing something that jagged and low-res on a high-def TV in this day and age.
This. I would buy an FF7 remake, but a small piece of me wants to see 6 made with today's graphics...

SuperFelix

Mar 24, 2009
I know a DS version would be nigh on impossible to produce what with the lack of storage on a DS cart, but it would be very good as it is one of the best Final Fantasies.

Vincent V

Nov 12, 2008
Yegargeburble said:
Space Spoons said:
I guess you're talking about a remake. You might want to make that clearer in the first post/thread title.

Personally, I believe if Square is going to remake VII, they should go for the gusto and opt for a complete graphical overhaul for the PS3 and 360. I've never had any qualms with the gameplay (I adore the Materia system), but there's no getting around the facts: Those graphics are fugly. There's no excuse to be seeing something that jagged and low-res on a high-def TV in this day and age.
This. I would buy an FF7 remake, but a small piece of me wants to see 6 made with today's graphics...
6 would be brilliant! He ENDS THE WORLD half way through!! In HD would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!