Poll: Firefly

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
BobDobolina said:
My family has been in the South since before the state I live in was a state. They fought for the Conferderacy, and have lived on the same land since they moved here. They've tracked down a lot of our relatives journals and such, along with reading into a lot of the history about it. It was about states rights versus federal government. Hell, they were called the Confederacy because they wanted to go back to something resembling the Articles of Confederation. Was slavery part of that? Sure. Was slavery also on the way out as a source of labor? Yes. Was slavery in the North abolished in the Emancipation Proclamation? Nope. Did slavery still exist in the North? Yes, but on a much smaller scale, and they were mostly house slaves.

I'm not saying that slavery is right, in fact, I'm very much against it. I do however, think that, with proof mind you, the war was fought over states rights versus federal government. A lot of the resentment afterwords came because of the way the South was treated. Look at the history closely and you'll see that the North occupied the South. I can't really say that I don't understand the resentment. That, and the fact that the South still hasn't fully recovered from the war. We make less money on average, our economies on average aren't as strong, and a great many other issues. That's our beef with the North.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I watched four or five episodes. It never grabbed my attention. I've never gotten into any of Joss Whedon's work, though. I'm just thinking his style just doesn't suit me, because it should be a show I love on paper: Sci-Fi, Western sensibilities, Adam Baldwin, Summer Glau.

diddykonger

Jan 14, 2009
One one the best shows on television before BSG. It deserved a proper full season if not two seasons.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Zhukov said:
Yeah, it was pretty good.

Not quite the wonder that its fans make it out to be, but very entertaining.

I kinda wish people would get over it though. It's been, what, nine years? It's not coming back. Ever. Move on.
This pretty much sums up my feelings.It was enjoyable but not the greatest show ever which a lot of people like to make it out to be

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Great show, but the way some fans obsess over it was always a little creepy to me. I mean, how do you justify holding a convention for a show that only had fourteen episodes?

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
I have watched every episode multiple times on Netflix, bought Serenity on ITunes, and own the comics.

What do you think my opinion is?

So, yeah, excellent show. I'm a huge fan, and hope the movement to help Nathan Fillion buy the rights to it and start it up again succeeds.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I really liked it, although I watched it years after the fact, I wish they had kept it running.

I think that they should bring it back in the form of an animated series, it would be cheaper, the actors would have time to work on their other projects and we would get all the Firefly awesomeness that we crave.

A_who

Sep 17, 2010
I recently watched it to hear what all the fuss about it was. I expected it to be good but it was pretty funny too. I mean so many quotes to it, like Jayne's chain of command. It should of stayed imo but I didn't watch it in its original run and have no clue about the ratings and that is what it really comes down to the ratings I guess. Maybe it will be like family guy and come back.