Poll: Firefly

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
I don't understand the cult following this show has, I've only seen a couple of episodes but the acting is so poor it makes it seem really cheap and lame.

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
i loved Firefly, naturally, and while i do wish it hadn't gotten canceled... where they left off was a good ending point. but after the introduction of Serenity i think they could/should start up production again. and joss and the other writer need to stop putting out these backstory 'comics' about the characters that cost waaaay too fuckin much. sorry i swore children.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Liked it immensely.

They should have started it again after Serenity, the first show was quite rough around the edges but had such a good idea and cast, with Serenity they polished it up and after that the series could have gone to whole new levels.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
i enjoyed the show, but if it had carried on, or if they started it up again the opinion would plummet as it was never going to live upto the expectations placed on it

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
If you want more Firefly than just Serenity, try playing Halo 3: ODST. It ain't exactly Firefly, but Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, and Adam Baldwin are all cast members filling roles similar to those in Firefly. Sergeant Buck is basically Captain Mal.

Now if only the game wasn't so short...BUNGIE!!!

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I liked what I saw of it.

And I hated Fox to begin with, so I'm already flying above the "it's their fault it died" bandwagon.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
THEAFRONINJA said:
Colour-Scientist said:
I really like Firefly and it should have continued but I think people really need to let it go.
This. I love it and think that it should have gone on, but it didn't. People need to accept that.
Also, considering what happened in the movie was meant to be some of the plot points in the next series, I prefer that it ended where it did. I love it how it is and how it was even though it was a damned shame it got cancelled.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Firefly is ok.
*deploys flame shield*

Now hear me out, it's an ok show, but it IS horrendously over-hyped. I mean, it's hardly the best thing to ever grace Sci-Fi. I enjoyed BSG for so many reasons I'm not going to start a list. Obviously I'd watch it if it started up again, but I'm quite alright with it not doing so.

It was good, and it had its funny moments, but in the end of the day, it just wasn't the amazing thing that everyone seems to thing it is.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
I loved Firefly. I made the fatal accident of watching the movie first though. Woops!

GenericPCUser

Dec 22, 2010
Jayne!
The Man they call Jayne!
He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor,
He stood up to the man and he gave him what for.
Our love for him now, aint hard to explain,
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!

Our Jayne saw the Mudders' backs breakin'
He saw the Mudders lament
And he saw the magistrate takin'
Every dollar and leavin' five cents
So he said, "You can't do that to my people"

"You can't crush them under your heel"
Jayne strapped on his hat
And in five seconds flat
Stole everything Boss Higgins had to steal

He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the Man and he gave him what for
Our love for him now ain't hard to explain
The Hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne

Now here is what separates heroes
From common folk like you and I
The man they call Jayne
He turned 'round his plane
And let that money hit sky
He dropped it onto our houses
He dropped it into our yards
And the man call Jayne
He turned round his plane
And headed out for the stars

He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the Man and he gave him what for
Our love for him now ain't hard to explain
The Hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
BobDobolina said:
What if the Civil War hadn't been fought over anything icky and hard-to-defend like slavery, but over something more noble-sounding like "independence," and the South had been the morally upright victims of aggression all the way*?[/i]
Sure, we'll call them the... uhhhh, "Independents." Or "Browncoats" for the actual soldiers, it might be too obvious to have them wear grey.

(* Note this is made extra-uncomfortable by the fact that a good part of the real-life American South fantasizes to this day that this is what actually happened.)
I'm sorry, but, what? I'm from the American South, and no, we don't view it that way. An no, it wasn't just about slavery. Sure, it was part of it, but it wasn't nearly as big of a part of it as people make it seem.

OT: I loved the show and I wish it had continued. I think it might be a little difficult to do with the movie out, since it sort of wrapped the whole thing up, but I suppose that they could always change the continuity like MovieBob's whole "TV IS WEIRD" or "COMICS ARE WEIRD" things. I'd love to see it come back, but I'm just not sure that it'll happen.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
deathdealer69 said:
Don't know if this has been discussed before but hey. So what do u all think about what happened.
I didn't vote, because I think Firefly was damned near perfect as it was, especially after Serenity (not that they tied up all their loose endsShepard), as well as Joss Whedon's best. His two longest running shows, Buffy and Angel, were his two weakest. So when it ended I wanted it to keep on going, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's TEH AWESOME and fox needs a good spanking for what they did (also for Futurama). And I disagree with the people saying that it ended right where it did. If they would have gotten maybe 5 more episodes to tie up the loose ends, sure, it would have been a perfectly contained masterpiece and I wouldn't have been so upset that it ended. But it never got any closure, and don't start screaming Serenity, cuz they never explained Book and Serenity fucking SUCKED! (I'm entitled to my opinion.) Bring it back, end it properly, and uncanonise that awful Serenity!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah, it was pretty good.

Not quite the wonder that its fans make it out to be, but very entertaining.

I kinda wish people would get over it though. It's been, what, nine years? It's not coming back. Ever. Move on.

PS. Oh yeah, and the movie was significantly better then the TV episodes.