Poll: Flawlwss Victory: Can you think of a game that is perfect?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I know, nothing is perfect but I'm curious as to what games you guys can think of where there is nothing you would change or improve on.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Crysis (the original) and Baldur's Gate 2.

Crysis is simply the best shooter ever made, great pacing, great innovative freeform gameplay and great graphics. I didn't even mind the VTOL section.

BG2 (in all honestly I prefer Dragon Age Origins) but I got so deeply engrossed in the game and it was great.

Probably Batman Arkham Asylum too.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Eclpsedragon said:
Okami,
I wouldn't change a thing about that game.
Well I don't know about the original PS2 version(never played it)but the Wii version could have done with better brush recognition.It just seems to be completely random whether the game will recognise the shapes you've drawn or not.Quite frustrating at times.That's something I would definitely change

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie.
Both are games I have played for a long time and both are awesome.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
There was a few games that was pretty much perfect at doing what they attemped to do. Civilization, Half-Life and Pong or Tetris for that matter. Does that make them perfect in the general sense? Probably not, but perfection is a word that doesn't make much sense without some kind of context.

That kind of perfection is not a mark of quality though, the perfect Tic-Tac-Toe simulator would still be pretty boring.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
MetalDooley said:
Eclpsedragon said:
Okami,
I wouldn't change a thing about that game.
Well I don't know about the original PS2 version(never played it)but the Wii version could have done with better brush recognition.It just seems to be completely random whether the game will recognise the shapes you've drawn or not.Quite frustrating at times.That's something I would definitely change
I played the PS2 version and didn't really have this issue. Everybody said Okami was meant to be played on the Wii, but I thought the PS2 controls worked much better. The Wii controls may have been better now with Wii motion+

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I just wanted to be inb4 Half-Life 2 or Portal.

I don't really know if I can come up with a serious answer, but Portal 2 is as pretty damn close as I can come. So I'm a bit defeating my own joke post.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Not really, something is going to have some flaws, no matter how minor. Besides, perfection is subjective.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger. Though it is strangely not my favorite SNES game.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
It's an older game but Heroes of might and magic 3. The gameplay, story and graphics are all completely perfect. The bang you get for your buck and the high quality gameplay coupled that the game ages as well as an excellent board game just makes the game perfect. I can spend 1 hour to 12 and not see the difference.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Portal. The controls are intuitive and responsive, the visuals are clean and distinctive, the writing and voice acting is brilliant, and the learning curve is incredibe - teaching you each new skill as you need it without ever feeling like a tutorial.

endtherapture said:
Crysis is simply the best shooter ever made, great pacing, great innovative freeform gameplay and great graphics. I didn't even mind the VTOL section.
I'd have to dispute this. I love Crysis, except I always have to qualify that statement by saying I love the first half of Crysis. The visuals are amazing of course, and the gameplay is smooth, natural and best of all, fun, but the near total abandonment of freeform gameplay in the latter half of the game is, in my view, a huge flaw in an otherwise excellent game.

And the VTOL section is an abomination.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Bastion. Each of its parts (story, gameplay, soundtrack, visuals) are all great on their own, but when combined, they make the absolute best game I've ever seen. Nothing compares to the blinding quality of Bastion.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Well, probably Portal, but I'd rather go with something else, so Worms. Either Armageddon or World Party is fine. And lots of others skirt along perfection but there are some flaws. I can easily overlook them but they still exist.

Offtopic: OK, people, we've suspected that the CAPTCHA wants to kill us in our sleep and finally we have proof

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
erttheking said:
Not really, something is going to have some flaws, no matter how minor. Besides, perfection is subjective.
Pretty much this- every game could do something better, be it graphics, gameplay, story, characters, or providing free hookers with pre-orders.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
There's no such thing as a perfect game. Every game has flaws, no matter how minor they are.

To me Call of Duty 4 and Warcraft 3 are damn near "perfect", but both have minor flaws.