Poll: For those who've finished Gears 2 on insane

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
This doesn't count co-op as it makes these sections twice as easy due to not having to save Dom's stupid ass all the time at the cost of your own.

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
The goddamn centaur section. It's not easy on co-op, but solo it's freakin' impossible. What's that you say? That drone just looked at you fun- *BOOM*

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
l Ancient l said:
The first option.

It took me forever to get by.
Think I got lucky with that part, did it in about 7 or 8 tries, as opposed to the centaur and comm satt parts which took about 20/30 goes... man I did some intense swearing that day

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
By far defending Jack opening the cell. It was the only section that I had a real problem with. The rest just toke practice. The Betty sequences were annoying though. One hit deaths.

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
The freakin' Centaur parts were the worst, those things get destroyed too quickly.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
Saving Betty's ass and that defend the satcom part in the final chapter. Those were hands down the hardest parts ever, i had to memorise the order the reavers came in =/.

The centuar wasn't so bad, when you take it slow and strafe (backwards/forwards as well) and pin point crucial points.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Gamer137 said:
By far defending Jack opening the cell. It was the only section that I had a real problem with. The rest just toke practice. The Betty sequences were annoying though. One hit deaths.
I found that part was really tough but it didn't feel broken or cheap like some of the sections. You could get past it by skill and persistance more than luck, unlike the vehicle parts.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Hornets nest /thread, those damn maulers bloodmount were cake in comparison to the reavers and tickers and mortars. Also I request that the Hornets nest chapter be put on the list while you still have a space left.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
miracleofsound said:
Gamer137 said:
I found that part was really tough but it didn't feel broken or cheap like some of the sections. You could get past it by skill and persistance more than luck, unlike the vehicle parts.
Well a big reason for the difficulty was that my plan revolved around a planted shield. However, I planted it before the checkpoint because I did not wnat to replant each death. Turns out, once I die, it never respawns at the checkpoint. That segment toke me at least thirty long attempts.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Gamer137 said:
miracleofsound said:
Gamer137 said:
Well a big reason for the difficulty was that my plan revolved around a planted shield. However, I planted it before the checkpoint because I did not wnat to replant each death. Turns out, once I die, it never respawns at the checkpoint. That segment toke me at least thirty long attempts.
That sucks lol. I feel your pain, I found myself wishing to God that I had attacked the locust patrol and taken the boomshield :D

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
kommando367 said:
Hornets nest /thread, those damn maulers bloodmount were cake in comparison to the reavers and tickers and mortars. Also I request that the Hornets nest chapter be put on the list while you still have a space left.
No prob, I also found that bit annoying because Dom kept running right out into the mortar fire.

Emeli

Mar 9, 2009
Haven't actually played this, but I watched my husband play it and I like to keep a count of how much he dies then mock him about it, and his death count was highest on the centaurs.

cptjack42

Mar 16, 2009
That damn Centaur part. It would've been so much easier if you could only strafe.
And of course my live was being weird, so I couldn't even get a person to beat it with co-op.

Plauged1

Mar 6, 2009
Defending Dizzy and Betty. I always made it to the end then Dizzy decides to be a horrible driver. As if he was good in the first place. Hey, lets drive off the fucking bridge! Dizzy sucks.

Mar 26, 2008
Defending that freakin Comm Tower.

"That's alright Dom, you stand there drooling while I cook the barrels on the turret trying to shoot down those bloody reavers!"

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Waiting for Jack to open the prison container. Yeh, that section really tested my patience and the durability of the 360 controller!

Also, the section wear you had to clear the area for Jack to activate his homing beacon in order for the rest of the troops to drop in. It wasn't really helped by Dom's kamikaze tendencies. He must really love getting mortared.

Funny how the toughest moments seem to revolve around waiting for Jack to do something...

Shadow Tyrant

Jun 18, 2008
Fucking all of them. Except for Skorge. Skorge was easy. Dodge shit, mash button, dodge more shit, mash button, repeat.

All those other sections made me want to break the disk into a billion pieces, set the pieces on fire and then flush the ashes down the toilet.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
The skourge segment I think. I didn't have much trouble with the rest, but somehow Dom will magically explode from time to time and I'm not sure if I could have done anything to stop it.

Actually, Gears is one of the few games that I think gets better on harder difficulty levels. Not like COD where upping the difficulty just ups my frustration. As an aside, people who actually grind through CoD 4 - 5 on Veteran make me wonder. I can't have been fun, and the achievement really isn't worth it.