Poll: Forum Trolls whats worse thing they do?

epicwin1

Jul 19, 2009
Through my internet browsing years i noticed it apears you cannot go to a single forum for fun without running into "haters, jerks, and elitists" a.k.a. Trolls. So one question comes to my mind "what is the worst of their two evils?"

Actsub

Oct 18, 2009
Can we have a three: those who don't even pull it off well?

But OT, I think it's a bit of a sweeping categorisation to immediately assume all haters and elitists are trolls, most of those just have their heads up their arses or want to voice their poorly thought out opinions. Trolls are 'jerks' as you call them, people who do it intentionally to get thrills.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
One begets the other. That being the case, I opt for the one that started it.

So the real bad guy here? Awarding badges in such a way as to encourage topics that are deliberately inflammatory.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
The first one "Post topics that are hatefully/improperly posted"

Those kind of people/trolls piss me off.

Actsub

Oct 18, 2009
BlackKraken said:
Forum trolls killed my parents, I have vowed vengeance on them all.
Good luck, Batman.

OT: Seeing as there's no option 3, the first one is probably the most scandalous.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Woah, hold up. It appears we've got a bit of muddy water here on what a Troll actually is.

Just because someone hates something doesn't make them a troll. Just because someone's a jerk doesn't make them a troll. Just because someone's an elitist doesn't make them a troll. It can make them not very nice to talk to, but please, dear Freya, stop brandishing everything that you (impersonal plural) don't agree with as a Troll.

Because they're not. Sometimes they just have opposing viewpoints to you. Better get used to that, this is the Internet.

steevee

Apr 16, 2008
I personally think it's the ones that flame bad topics, or even decent topics that they don't like.
Too many threads and topics have been sent to the graveyard because of trolls flaming each oher on them

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
BlackKraken said:
Forum trolls killed my parents, I have vowed vengeance on them all.
allow me to join you on this quest, for I too was there on the day of the murder.

OP: Any troll is bad, And I say, Kill 'Em ALL!
*Ahem* Starship Troopers moment...

TheMatt

Jan 26, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
I dunno.
Maybe they aint even taht bad.
Least you can have some funz lafing at them.
Learn English you fucking nub....

haha, irony anyone? anyone? irony?

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
TheMatt said:
The_ModeRazor said:
I dunno.
Maybe they aint even taht bad.
Least you can have some funz lafing at them.
Learn English you fucking nub....

haha, irony anyone? anyone? irony?
I'll forgive you, because this made me realise that...

REally, it didn't. BUt whatever. You're forgiven.
Now where's taht axe?

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
The worst thing would happen to bring up unnecessary trouble just for having such small bits of attention.

crape

Oct 12, 2009
well.. trolls, um to my understanding, are people who post topics with an emotional tie or well anything they know will stir up a pot of commotion just to get someone to respond. i've looked it up and found this (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1764/what-is-a-troll) it's very informative and shows what a troll is the best to me :) so i'm not a troll you haters! i just like hearing the opinions of others on maybe ridiculous topics or well thought out ones! does that make me a troll?