Poll: Forum Trolls whats worse thing they do?

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
BlackKraken said:
Forum trolls killed my parents, I have vowed vengeance on them all.
allow me to join you on this quest, for I too was there on the day of the murder.

OP: Any troll is bad, And I say, Kill 'Em ALL!
*Ahem* Starship Troopers moment...
I'm in too! Kill them with fire!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Amnestic said:
Woah, hold up. It appears we've got a bit of muddy water here on what a Troll actually is.

Just because someone hates something doesn't make them a troll. Just because someone's a jerk doesn't make them a troll. Just because someone's an elitist doesn't make them a troll. It can make them not very nice to talk to, but please, dear Freya, stop brandishing everything that you (impersonal plural) don't agree with as a Troll.

Because they're not. Sometimes they just have opposing viewpoints to you. Better get used to that, this is the Internet.
This is the truth of the matter.

However, in relation to actual trolls:

geldonyetich said:
That being the case, I opt for the one that started it.
I don't because you frequently get people who go into a thread perfectly capable of a decent discussion who say something childish and idiotic such as "Raises flame shield" (sometimes with a picture), "This will end badly" or "This is a flame-war waiting to happen".

These people cause more problems than those who make a poor choice of thread because in most cases the OP is asking a genuine question, one which the replies do not have the maturity to respond to in a sensible fashion.

epicwin1

Jul 19, 2009
Actsub said:
Can we have a three: those who don't even pull it off well?

But OT, I think it's a bit of a sweeping categorisation to immediately assume all haters and elitists are trolls, most of those just have their heads up their arses or want to voice their poorly thought out opinions. Trolls are 'jerks' as you call them, people who do it intentionally to get thrills.
Your exactly right, I meant Trolls tend to be the afformentioned names but I am sorry that it sounded like i was catagorizing haters jerks and elitists as Trolls whoops good catch on your part!

Also as a third option "those who don't even pull it off well?" good point,
And a forth Lingo Bashers! (where on teh interwebz to haz sum fun no?)

Actsub

Oct 18, 2009
epicwin1 said:
And a forth Lingo Bashers!
You really are throwing the word 'troll' around too easily. You don't have very good English, to be honest, it's just natural a few sticklers are going to correct you. Don't put them down for it.

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
The first one "Post topics that are hatefully/improperly posted"

Those kind of people/trolls piss me off.
I agree in the past four posts I have made,a forum troll appeared in three of those posts.Those twats cannot understand that other people have different opinions.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
poncho14 said:
Ones that post...disturbing pictures.
Oh god. Oh my fucking god. Botched Necromancy's ban couldn't have come swifter. That guy is just retarded.

And, uh, threads about trolls are usually locked, with a small probation given to the OP. I know from experience. Just a heads up.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
'Post Topics that are hatefully/improperly posted' because it clogs up the internet and makes me actually like the thing they're hating, like that Halo troll a while back.
While back? That guy's still here. Drexus. fanboyhater. He's been running amuck constantly since he first arrived. He can't be stopped.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
You know what's worse than a troll?

[HEADING=1]PEOPLE RESPONDING TO A TROLL.[/HEADING]

So try following that creed of "report and move on" instead of, you know, posting it. Because in a way, you've given the troll his primary food source: attention.

Also, The OP is badly worded. I don't get what he's aiming for.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
The ones who post the inflammatory topics in the first place. While it's not right to flame them(The "Report" button exists for that very reason), I'm inclined to be a bit more lenient on the repliers than the OP's. But there have been notable exceptions.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
scotth266 said:

PEOPLE RESPONDING TO A TROLL.

So try following that creed of "report and move on" instead of, you know, posting it. Because in a way, you've given the troll his primary food source: attention.

I'm just quoting you because I don't think you put enough emphasis on those words.
If I could make a speech program yell them, I'd be happier, but big text will have to do.

Seriously, it would warm my heart to see a troll thread locked with only one post: the locking post of a mod. Won't you all help that happen?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Neonbob said:
scotth266 said:

PEOPLE RESPONDING TO A TROLL.

I'm just quoting you because I don't think you put enough emphasis on those words.
If I could make a speech program yell them, I'd be happier, but big text will have to do.

Seriously, it would warm my heart to see a troll thread locked with only one post: the locking post of a mod. Won't you all help that happen?
Yeah, didn't emphasize enough. Post is fixed.