Poll: Frostmourne vs. Sword of Aeons

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Which would you pick?

Frostmourne Image: http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/14/26/98/51/frostm10.jpg

Description: Wielded by Arthas. This sword has the power to drain life from its victims and to drain the soul of anyone whom it connects to. Despite it's size, it can be wielded almost effortlessly by anyone and can cut through most opponents with little resistance and destroy almost all weapons that come into contact with it. Those who have been slain by this sword have their souls drawn into the weapon.

Sword of Aeons Image: http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/14/26/98/51/sword210.jpg

Description: The Sword of Aeons is an unimaginably old weapon that was bloodforged long before the Old Kingdom. It originally belonged to Jack of Blades of the Court, the court being a group of 3 powerful beings who ruled over Albion, but it was stolen by an enigmatic person named William Black. He later used it to destroy the 3 members of the Court. According to the game description, once unlocked, its power is the power of all Albion. This weapon brings the wielder almost limitless power.

EDIT: Remember guys, we're not voting for which game is better, we're voting for which sword you would pick independent from which game either of them originated from.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
AnOriginalConcept said:
Well, I love Warcraft 3 and I loath Fable, so the choice is clear.

Frostmourne hungers.
Did you pick Frostmourne just because you liked Warcraft 3 better or because you actually prefer it over the SoA? :p

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Seeing how as I was one of the losers who had Shadowmourne back in the day, I'm gonna have to go with Frostmourne.

And thank the Earth Mother that I don't play WoW anymore. -.-

Zanakanishi

Apr 21, 2009
The Sword of Aeons looks better, but the Frostmorne is superiour in damage, as Sword of Aeons sucks in fable, it was only slightly higher in damage than the master sword, so albion, as a whole is extremly weak.

My choice is Frostmorne.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Zanakanishi said:
The Sword of Aeons looks better, but the Frostmorne is superiour in damage, as Sword of Aeons sucks in fable, it was only slightly higher in damage than the master sword, so albion, as a whole is extremly weak.

My choice is Frostmorne.
lol Very well thought out. Remember though, in the game, it is said that the sword, when you obtained it, was only a shadow of its former self. That and Fable's and Warcraft's damage systems are different.

Zanakanishi

Apr 21, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
Zanakanishi said:

My choice is Frostmorne.
lol Very well thought out. Remember though, in the game, it is said that the sword, when you obtained it, was only a shadow of its former self. That and Fable's and Warcraft's damage systems are different.
yes, but in warcraft there was a vast improvment (mostly 1 hits, if i recall correctly) on how fast kills were compaired to the pre-sword times (also, in World of Warcraft... arthus can take on 100's with ease, it was SOOO hard trying to kill that sod, even with my whole guild) as for the sword of aeons.. I forgot about the shadow part, but none the less, it could have atleast had a uniqe ability, I did not use it much.. I sold it and used a master sword with custom auguments

zwoodco10

Jan 15, 2011
I'd say Frostmourne. In order to wield it, you have to feed it souls. Like... peoples' souls. The Sword of Aeons only required the blood of your family.

Plus, who doesn't want an army of soulless undead at their beck-and-call?

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
If I get Frostmourne I get the Lich King armor and I will command the legions of the Damned so...

Frostmourne it is!

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
As much as I loved the Fable series, the Sword of Aeons was grossly underpowered, so I'm rolling with Frostmourne, plus I have to feed it SOULS.
It sounds like my kind of sword :D

zwoodco10

Jan 15, 2011
In addition, Frostmourne grants its wielder the powers of The Lich King. Not only can I command an undead army, I can create more AND live forever.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I guess I should have specified how powerful the SoA was if you chose it. In the original fable, it killed anyone with one hit. It did 550 damage before but they severely nerfed it (230) in TLC because of massive balance issues in the expansion story. Also, who needs an army of the undead when I can just command all the living and, if the sword was as powerful now as when William first got it, shape the world at the slightest twitch of my wrist. Can Frostmourne do that? No, it cannot.

Don't get me wrong, I think Frostmourne is pretty freaking sweet but right now, the SoA trumps it.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
You sort of forgot to mention that the lich king pretty much speaks through the frostmourne, making the wielder succumb to his will/go insane.

That's kind of a big deal.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Horribly fragile designs, on top of having an obvious forward weight bias (unbalanced) in both cases. Pretty enough to hang on the wall, but I wouldn't want to try to actually cut something with either of 'em.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
zauxz said:
You sort of forgot to mention that the lich king pretty much speaks through the frostmourne, making the wielder succumb to his will/go insane.

That's kind of a big deal.
Don't worry, if you pick Frostmourne for this, you get to keep your will/sanity.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
What about the Soul Reaver:

It's way cooler then both of those blades.
Hm, give me the description. I'm too lazy to search for it.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Hmm Stormbringer clone A or Stormbreinger clone B? Difficult choice.

Well Frostmourne is more of a ripoff so I'd go with the Sword of Aeons.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
What about the Soul Reaver:

It's way cooler then both of those blades.
Hm, give me the description. I'm too lazy to search for it.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
The blade is used by the vampire king Kain, seen here:
. Some say that the blade is posesed, and that it feeds on the souls of it's victoms. It can blow people apart in one hit, and is as old as time it's self. But it hides it's true form...a phantom blade, seen here being used by undead vampire Raziel:

Thats why it's cooler then both those other swords.