Poll: Game tattoo's: your opinion?

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
I wouldn't get something huge i.e Cloud - however obsessed I am with FF7.
I think if something is just kinda cool looking and you won't regret I'd get it done.
So on Jan 25th 09 I had this done...

*snip pic*

Anyone know where it's from? :D
Is it one of reds tat's?

My friend has his leg one on his arm.

Insane pinky nail btw.
Lol thank you, as you can tell I hadn't sorted my nails out for a while - all different lengths haha!

And no it's not one of Red's but it is from FF7.
Barrets?!
Hehe nope!
I give up :( I'mma kick myself when I find out >.<

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
If (and that is a big "if") I ever consider having a tattoo, a gaming tattoo is only good if it is not inmediately associated to gaming by not gamers, yet easily identifiable by them. The triforce, Jin's tattoo or a logo are good examples; the Cloud or Jedi Mario are bad examples.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
I think if something is just kinda cool looking and you won't regret I'd get it done.

*snip pic*

Is it one of reds tat's?

Insane pinky nail btw.
Lol thank you, as you can tell I hadn't sorted my nails out for a while - all different lengths haha!

Barrets?!
Hehe nope!

Granted, it's nerdy but the way I see it is it doesn't say anything, doesn't have the game name or any characters. When I'm older if I regret it it'll just be "Oh it's a pretty tribal symbol" :p

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Ranorak said:
If I ever get the courage and cash to get a tattoo, it'll be a small logo on my shoulder.
Like a Triforce, N7 (from Mass Effect) or Horde logo.
I'd like to get that N7 on my chest, with the area around it looking like my skin was torn away to reveal the armor around the logo. Might not, though, since I'm a bit on the hairy side.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
May I also get an orbital laser instead of the tattoo?
Or... an orbital laser controllable by a tattoo? If ever, I'll get <url=http://www.physorg.com/news122819670.html>this thing. If I get bored of one, I'll just change the display or play tetris on my arm... or grill a steak with my orbital laser.

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:

*snip pic*

Is it one of reds tat's?

Insane pinky nail btw.

Barrets?!
Hehe nope!
*snip*

Granted, it's nerdy but the way I see it is it doesn't say anything, doesn't have the game name or any characters. When I'm older if I regret it it'll just be "Oh it's a pretty tribal symbol" :p
*kicks himself*

Anywho I plan on getting something akin to

on my wrist/lower leg

or if I get completely wrecked before hand

Kinda gaming related.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Keepitclean said:
Game tattoos are worse than band tattoos in my opinion. They are just so stupid, whenever I see pictures of them I wonder what they were thinking. In other threads I have said that I wouldn't get a tattoo but I can understand why others might get them. But these are just so amazingly bad.
This, a Graham's number times this. (look up Graham's number)

Imagine your grandkids saying to you "whats that tattoo?"

"Well when I was your age there was this game that was huge and this is the symbol/character from that game"

You then get that look were you know you just lost the respect of your grandchild.

On topic, I love tattoo's, except the common girl tattoo's, you know the stars, butterflies, "mum & dad", hearts, alive friends and family, flowers and birds. I also can't stand lads tattooing there own name in old English font up there inner forearm, just why? Really?

I just think if your going to have a permanent mark on your skin atleast be a little unique, like my tribal tattoo is mostly free hand so nobody in the world has a tattoo the same as me.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=138685526

Thats my tattoo.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Tatoos are meant to be symoblic of a right of passage, a connection of something deep to you drawn from some kind of hardship, trial or experience. In some cultures tattoos are symbolic of brave deeds and courage.

Somehow getting a Mario tattoo just because you beat Bowser again does not seem the same.

If I ever got a tattoo, I would want it for something important.

Gaming trends change all the time, I can express my love for games with a t-shirt. A tattoo definatly will seem silly when I am 150 years old and they have invented the holosuite.

Some of those tattoos do look really cool though...

strogi

Aug 25, 2009
Cool Sheepzor, love Skaven (even play ratonga in everquest 2) so i know these symbols stright off. yeah i have a space on my upper right arm that is still blank from ink so am planning a game related ink. Nothing big but have lost friends who were gammers and would be a way to remember them

bew11

Nov 11, 2009
I want to get these so bad, but im not sure, since they would be on my wrists
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/01/bioshockchains.jpg

Gutterslime

Sep 13, 2009
I have some gaming tattoos, but I cant find my camera. So let me describe them sorta

I have a half sleeve thats got Zero, Luigi, Knuckles + Kirby and a Moogle riding a warp star

Also I have a triforce with Hylian Shield and Master sword on the back of my neck

And I have a an 8 bit Mario on my ass...

I think i might get a Warcraft tattoo soon, maybe like Frostmourne going through the lich kings helmet or something like that, but it would have to contain frostmourne

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Sheepzor said:
*kicks himself*

on my wrist/lower leg

Kinda gaming related.
Gotta agree with the Skaven love. Everything Warhammer, I'm rocking the Skaven. I used to really annoy my friends playing Mordheim. They'd win the mission, technically, but thanks to the glorious hit-and-run rat bastards we were, we'd wind up with more of the goods.

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:
Sheepzor said:
Nanaki316 said:

*snip pic*

Is it one of reds tat's?

Insane pinky nail btw.

Barrets?!
Hehe nope!
*snip*

*kicks himself*

on my wrist/lower leg

Kinda gaming related.
Love that second one :D

Johnmw

Mar 19, 2009
Furburt said:
I don't think I'd be up for it, any type of tattoo really.

It's just the fact that it's permanent, and I really don't trust my own judgment nearly enough to do something like that.

Plus, gaming tattoos are by definition something you'll regret when you get old and become boring, like we all do.
This, I've never kept my desktop wallpaper for more than a couple of weeks, so why would I permanently mark myself? When I was 14 I wanted a tattoo of a bar code, by 16 I'd realised that was an awful idea and a tribal tattoo would be awesome. By 18 I'd decided that that would be a terrible idea and the FMA homunculus symbol would clearly be brilliant. I don't trust myself not to change, and don't want to do something permanent that I'll (based on history) definitely regret later.