Poll: Game tattoo's: your opinion?

Cupp4joe

Feb 23, 2010
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned the bioshock chain tattoo yet. i'm getting it done in a month or so. it's simple, plus looks kinda cool even when not associated with gaming

edit: my bad, somebody did mention it, i just skipped that post xD

MentalBakura

Welcome To Das Oontz
Feb 21, 2009
I wouldn't mind something like the Organization XIII logo, or one of the Soul Reaver clan symbols. I think stuff like that is pretty cool. Getting a tattoo of a game character is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Aug 25, 2009
I know one guy whos planning on getting the foxhound logo from Metal Gear, which I think sounds cool, but for the most part I think they're inherently a bad idea.

Nicolefranklin

Jul 19, 2009
I have Griever from FF8 on my arm. Been wanting it since I was 11, finally got it done when I turned 18, and are still loving it. :) I'm planning to build a "geek" sleeve around it once I get the money for it, and a proper design down. I'm thinking a nice mix of past and present games, gonna be pretty kickarse I'm sure. :)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'd only get gaming tattoo's that aren't too obvious: Triforce logo, various Valve motives (the lambda, Combine and Aperature Science logo's), BioShock's chain, and the Mass Effect N7 sign is an absolutely fantastic suggestion.

I'd totally get such awesome symbols on me. The fact that they're also gaming related is just an added bonus. But I probably won't get a tattoo, although I'm not promising I never will.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Furburt said:
Yes, but they burn like the fires of a thousand suns, apparently.
Apparently so.

But it's not permanent, now is it?
About as permanent as a marriage? :p
But seriously, as far as I know you end up with a scar or at least a distinct different patch of skin.
So I don't really think it's much of an option.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
esperandote said:
just one star would have been cool
I saw that second pic and I heard Yathzee say in my mind "And it is ALWAYS stars (for some arbitrary reason)" XD

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
I'd only get gaming tattoo's that aren't too obvious: Triforce logo, various Valve motives (the lambda, Combine and Aperature Science logo's), BioShock's chain, and the Mass Effect N7 sign is an absolutely fantastic suggestion.

I'd totally get such awesome symbols on me. The fact that they're also gaming related is just an added bonus. But I probably won't get a tattoo, although I'm not promising I never will.
You've got some good ideas going :)
Somehow I suspect one day they'll become reality ;)

Skooterz

Jul 22, 2009
I think getting a game-related tattoo is kinda dumb, honestly. Cool looking symbols are okay, I suppose, but anything else is pushing it. Really though I shouldn't talk. My (upper) right arm has an dragon curled around a bastard sword.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Well my plan is if Im still playing Warhammer by my 25th birthday i will get a symbol from it I really like. Thats in four years so we will see.

Im thinking either a Tzeetch symbol or Nurgle's symbol. If not that then a Silver Helm knight that was pictured in the 3rd edition High Elf book.

oh and no offense, but nothing says "I have no creativity" then a triforce

Insomniactk

Nov 11, 2008

The Serious Sam logo is cool even if you don't know it's from a game, same with the combine logo.

So yes, game tattoos can be cool.

tsatoma

Aug 18, 2009
Well I already have a tattoo for my favorite manga (One Piece) so why the hell not for my favorite games? Lulz.

Whenever I actually get to designing my next tattoo I know that the main part will be the Halo of the Sun from Silent Hill:

I think it'll look good. Only have a rough design though. I also plan on getting Lantern rings tattooed on my fingers (either Green/Blue together or Orange). Lots of ideas, just can't do them yet (soon hopefully).

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I wouldn't get one but I'd advise someone to get the goron symbol (it let's you lift bombflowers)
And tattoos are fine, as long as they aren't JOKES! Does anyone honestly think that a joke will stay funny for the rest of their lives?

For the record I picked orbital space lazer, because thats the coolest thing ever.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Hollock said:
And tattoos are fine, as long as they aren't JOKES! Does anyone honestly think that a joke will stay funny for the rest of their lives?
You completely captured my opinion on thing-of-the-moment tattoos. My gramps has a heart with a banner with the name of his former wife and a rose. He's with my grandma now, and the tattoo is faded down to merely a blob, but it's still there, a sour reminder...

Rule 1: Never tattoo names other than your parents'/kids'
Rule 2: Nothing that you like now, but doubt you'll like in the future

Therefore I have no tattoos yet, but plan on having them. Can't go full body or very visible, since I'm studying law, and who would hire a lawyer with a facial tattoo or something. I want something I can cover up when I want to...

keillord

Feb 10, 2010
I feel that scars are just tattoos with better stories, and I have so much my sex life usually goes something like this... 55 minutes of explaining every, cut, burn, bite, bruise, scar, and only 5 minutes of fun (explaining is too tiring).