Poll: Gamer Girlfriends

Ionait

Aug 18, 2008
Why is there not a "I am a gaming girlfriend" option. xD I guess to participate I could just choose "I have never known the touch of a woman"..

In middle school and high school I dated guys who were into games, but not as much as I was. Before I knew them super well, I just saw their video game walls and figured we'd work out. But then I always realized that gaming wasn't their main hobby like it was for me and they didn't like rambling about games like I did. Disappointing. :( Not that it was ever a relationship deal breaker, just sad.

As I have said on this site a few times, I met my husband while playing Final Fantasy XI, so needless to say, I finally found someone just as obsessed with games as me.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
One ex-gf was a gamer... we just preferred different types of games.

Me: FPS, TBS/RTT, FRPG
Her: JRPG
Yeah, sound about like me and mine.

Tekyro

Aug 10, 2009
My girlfriend has asked me to introduce her to gaming, so that's kind of cool I guess.

olfelix

May 14, 2010
We've been married for 10 years, we don't share consoles (key to a happy gaming marriage), we've played MMOs together for just over 7 years and are eagerly awaiting Dragon Age 2.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Souplex said:
A gentleman doesn't tell. *Smug smile*
Its not like he's asking if you got to enter through the "back door" - although that would certainly earn you a smug smile. Hehe.

OT: Nope. I play quite a lot, but I couldn't care less if they didn't have any interest in it.

Sep 14, 2009
nope, it'd be cool to have one, but as long as they don't mind my hobbies then no big deal, not needed...although i'd find a way to eventually suck them in =]

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
My girlfriend likes to play games, though she prefers games that aren't too complicated (peggle, ilomilo, etc.)

Mostly she likes to watch me play, but we get along great like that. Plus I don't have mulitple controllers, so we alternate and such.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
SegaJanesis said:
ITT: Women thinking they can vote.

Kidding. I am one of your aforementioned gamer girls (writer for gamergyrl.com actually) and have always wondered whether or not guys preferred ladies who game. When I whip out my imported Japanese PSP or take over for a friend in a SSFIV match, guys always seem more stunned than excited.

Is it possible that girl gamers are too intimidating?
*Hug* Welcome to the 'Pist!
Some rules:
Don't be a jerk.
I am god here.
Learn the rules.
I am your god.
The mods are your friends.
You will worship and obey me.
Use the search bar when you make a thread.
I am god here.
Have fun.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Darkauthor81 said:
Rusman said:
Yeah had a fantastic one up until the day before Valentines Day this year.
What happened there?
Combination of a lot of things. Break up ensued. Much sadness. But that's ever so slightly off topic.

RemSaverem

Aug 13, 2008
I am the gamer in the relationship. Well, we both game a fair bit, but I'm the more mainstream gamer of the two of us, plus I have a job in the games industry. So :p

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
My fiancee plays games, but she's hardly a hardcore gamer.

We enjoy Little Big Planet, Super Mario Wii and similar games together.

She also enjoys watching me play story driven games like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy.

We played World of Warcraft and now play Star Trek Online together.

When we first met she introduced me to World of Darkness, which we played for some years.
But after we had kids we haven't had so much time to play decent P&P.
Though we are both eagerly awaiting World of Darkness Online!

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
I have a great one. I tend to like a few more of the boyish games like FPS's a fair bit more, and she tends to know and like a lot more RPGs than I do but we have an absolutely perfect middle ground.

She says her fantasy is to see me cosplay as Squall for her from FF8.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Now that I think on it, my sister is turning into a gamer girlfriend. Her boyfriend, however, is getting rather amused/annoyed at her attempts at playing assorted Wii games (which she has effectively commandeered), and is slowly weaning her onto the X360.