Poll: Gamers Over 30 Are ?Weird?

Meltyman

Jul 15, 2010
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2011/07/today_show_gamers_over_30_are_.php

what is your opinion on this ?

to me games are ment to be played no matter what age.
(over the legal age for the game ofcourse hehe)

hope there aint a similiar post made, if there is.. im sorry :)

Kuroji

May 5, 2011
What nonsense.

You don't get too old for music, films, books or any other form of entertainment. Just shows the perpetuating belief that games are for kids.

Edit: Oh, they mean "those weird ones in the basement". That makes it just fine and dandy.

Feb 13, 2008
A bunch of middle class nothings want to talk about being weird, and they're all sitting around a table talking about something they've never experienced?

Mind telling me who writes all these games? Coz I'm pretty sure Schafer, Molyneux, and a lot of the rest are over 30.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Nah, I don't think gamers over 30 are weird. Heck, I'm pretty sure I'll still be a gamer when I'm 30 (AND BEYOND!!!)

Anyone who says otherwise...well THEY'RE weird then!

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
So, it is weird to use a amusement medium, for amusement? My god.. I have been a totaly freak my entire life and didnt know it?!

But ehh, no, it isnt weird at all, as I pointed out, games are meant for having fun, so if they bring you fun, then play games!

Besides, my grandfather plays Crash Bandicoot regularly, and he is 72.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I'm finding these people pretty damn strange... I wouldn't want them near me regardless of what they do for a hobby.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
"When you're in your 30s, there should be something more on your mind or attention than video games."
Such as? I'm fairly certain that human beings need to focus their mind and attention on certain things purely for entertainments sake every once in a while. Imagine a life where you could do nothing fun. Fucking terrifying.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
They are just jealous because TV is losing it's audience to video games and rightfully so. Seeing stuff like this reminds me why I don't watch TV anymore.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Game is an art, so no, nothing wrong with it. I intend to continue being a gamer when I'm over 30 anyway, so I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
No, although I do think it's weird for guys obviously past their prime to insist on torturing their skin in attempts at tanning, or for women over fifty to use plastic surgery to try and look thirty instead of growing old gracefully.... wait.....

Meltyman

Jul 15, 2010
it's funny to think that those women prolly use their only spend time to make up and what not while the true gamers has their brains stimulated ;)

Rylot

May 14, 2010
God people have hobbies that aren't mine after ten?!! Oh sorry couldn't hear you over my tv playing Persona 4.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I really care about the videogame opinions of people who have never touched a videogame....
I find it weird that people bother listening to 2 uneducated twats who sit in a glass studio all day who pander to the middle aged homemaker (aka talking about nothing important at all).

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
The first pioneers of gaming are 30+. I started off playng games on my Amstrad CPC464, and have loved them ever since. Im only 29. Generally, gaming is far more socially acceptable now,than it was in my teens. Long live the Gamer!

Tragiverse

Jul 6, 2010
these are the same types of people that have been saying all cartoons and comics are for children. ignorance.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
This is the sad truth that all "Games are art" people will have to realise. Video games are still, no question about it, being viewed as a kids medium. The woman who read the question even laughed before finishing it. It will take alot of time before we're viewed as a universal medium, rather than a kids one.

Also: If it actually is weird to play video games when you're over 30, then what should we do with Miyamoto, Kojima, Molyneux, Schafer, Notch, Todd Howard etc, since they are obviusly freaks of nature?

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Roofstone said:
Besides, my grandfather plays Crash Bandicoot regularly, and he is 72.
That makes your grandfather the second coolest man over 70 that I've ever heard of!

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
You know what is really weird people in their 30s that enjoy non-interactive entertainment. You would think that buy your 30s your tastes would have evolved a little.