Poll: Gears of War 3 and you.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Gears of War 3 will be released in a little over a month, and wondered how many people here may buy a copy.

If you're buying it, why or why not?

I'm getting it because I enjoyed its predecessors, and I don't think some other games are going to be able to compete with it. Plus, the chainsaw has an use again!

Professor Cubbage

Aug 19, 2009
I'll probably pick it up sooner or later. It's the only game that I'm absolutely terrible at yet enjoy quite a lot.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I might end up getting it when it comes down in price but I've never really liked the GOW games.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Picked the joke option.

Played the first Gears but thats it. Couldn't be arsed with the second one and the third is even less appealing.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Well, it's a big if-if.

I have never liked Gears until my friend let me borrow his copy of 2. Story mode was just kinda meh but the Horde Mode kept me coming back. We achieved 58 rounds with our two man squad. (Him playing a lot of gears and me playing uncharted. [He's an xbox player, i'm a ps3 player.])

So when I saw Epic making upgrades to Horde like tower defence and laugh tracks (two of my favorite things.), I couldn't help but be interested.

So I will keep track of the game throught the month and see if there is anything more interesting.

Ciartan

Sep 13, 2009
Tried Gears of War 2, most boring third person shooter ive ever played in my entire life, and i really dont get why so many people thinks its that good. So no, i will never buy GoW 3.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Ciartan said:
Tried the Gears of War 2, most boring third person shooter ive ever played in my entire life, and i really dont get why so many people thinks its that good. So no, i will never buy GoW 3.
May I ask why you didn't enjoy it? I've met people that don't like the series, but what's your reason?

Ciartan

Sep 13, 2009
w9496 said:
Ciartan said:
Tried the Gears of War 2, most boring third person shooter ive ever played in my entire life, and i really dont get why so many people thinks its that good. So no, i will never buy GoW 3.
May I ask why you didn't enjoy it? I've met people that don't like the series, but what's your reason?
It was waaaay too slow paced imo. Also im not a huge fan of cover based shooters.

cydvis

Mar 2, 2011
if it's have a good story telling + interesting gameplay mechanics (so not a stupid "hide behind that shit then hide behind that one over there" until the end of the game) I'm going to play it.

But who I am kidding, there is no way they'd do something like that.

They only fun thing i've found fun in GoW is the co-op campaign... until I saw it's not a "co-op campaign with co-op challenges" (like tomb raider guardian of light or even some special ops in Modern Warfare 2), it's just the solo campaign with 2 players on it (like halo 3).

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I played a bit of the online beta.

It was really fun.

However, I don't have a 360 of my own. Also, there are far better games coming up that are more deserving of my money.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'll rent it for the single player, won't be buying the game though.

I played in the multiplayer beta, and while I somewhat enjoyed it, I really don't see it as a game I would play all that often.

I also don't really like the art direction that the game has taken. I miss the art style from the original, where everything was grey scale with color popping out here and there. It made the game world feel more stark and empty, and I really liked that about the game, but Epic has completely changed it in Gears 2 and 3. The art style doesn't feel as unique anymore.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
GOW is my favorite console shooter. So yeah I got that shit pre-ordered.

Also I loved the beta, although I don't like/don't like the unlimited re-spawns.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Day one release for me. Time to finish up this story and see how much, if anything, I'm right about. I'm really looking forward to it, and I've been telling my friends all my theories about the Locust, Prescott, Lambent, Adam, the disk, Sires, and all other crazy things.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I would like to buy it but due to money issues I will probably rent it for a week just for the story and Horde.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Looking forward to it.

Karen Traviss' novels have been exceptionally entertaining & now that she's actually scripting this final entry I have high hopes.