Poll: Guitarists: Capo or Capo?

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
I pronounce it cap-o, but I've got no idea which one is right. And I've never had need to use one and it's not really been an issue for me.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Lukeje said:
Latinidiot said:
Lukeje said:
Latinidiot said:
Pronouncing things right is preferable, but not with Cello. As in, Sello, and Tchello. I've said Sello for my entire life, and i'll be buggered before I change it.
You say `sello'? And people understand what you're talking about?
Yes, because every one does. Everyone I've ever met at least.
Strange. I've never heard anyone pronounce it like that. Maybe it's a regional thing?
I guess it is. it's holland, eh. Anyone else got conflicted musical pronunciations?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Latinidiot said:
Jonluw said:
Latinidiot said:
I am dutch, and the dutch pronunciation matches the italian one in this case. So Cah-Poh. And as improv capos go, I'm not too creative. I used my own right hand once and justput the distortion really loud so you could hear when I just pressed the strings without picking them.
This, only I'm not dutch.

It means head in Italian, no?
I like pronouncing things like they're pronounced in the language the word is from.
I thought that the italian for head was capote, I don't know, really. It does make sense.
You should probably not take my word for it.
I just think I heard someone say that "da capo" means "from the head", but I could easily be wrong.
Pronouncing things right is preferable, but not with Cello. As in, Sello, and Tchello. I've said Sello for my entire life, and i'll be buggered before I change it.
To be honest, I have no idea how Cello is pronounced. I've always said "Schello" though.