Poll: Half Life 2: Episode 3

Thatsomebody

Feb 19, 2010
I read some where that Half life 2 Ep.3 isn't going to come out this year, and it made me wonder will this one of the best games valve has made, and how much longer would we have to wait to play the conclusion of this series.

Another thing what do you think the borealis does since its considered another black mesa.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Hmm..i think another couple of years...they gotta make Left 4 Dead 3 first.

Edit: No seriousness here i'm just being sarcastic and silly.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Five years. The longer people wait, the better they will convince themselves it is. Basic psychology.

32CaliberKiller

Feb 11, 2010
you do know that anytime someone asks this question, it adds a year on to when the game will be finished, so by my count it should come out in year 1,562,678AD, give or take 50 years.

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
Bleah... stop making bland, unintuitive question posts like this, PLEASE >.< Everyone knows Valve is making big enough money off their TF2/L4D stuff, and seems only mildly interested in teasing people into believing that they'll EVER release HL2:E3 sometime in the next millenium -_-

With that said, I'll say five years, because at the rate they're going the bloody thing might as well take twenty years in development, because by that time most of the original team will have either croaked or gone on to that glorious state called Retirement. Most of them are already half-way there anyhow, if not closer >.> Seriously, if they do somehow manage to get it out within the next two years, and it is at least HALF-WAY DECENT (ie- doesn't completely suck donkey balls), then I will give every active trout on this forum a cookie because I don't believe that they can >.>

Eerors

Jan 31, 2010
I've lost interest now. I would have brought it had they released soon after the orange box or after the black mesa HL one recreation mod thing,but now....meh....I've moved on with my gaming life.

They missed an opportunity and they probably don't care anymore.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It's going to be the next Duke Nukem Forever you just know it...

Foobula

Dec 26, 2009
I heard a rumor that they were just going to plow ahead to HL3. They better not!

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
swytchblayd said:
I will give every active trout on this forum a cookie because I don't believe that they can >.>
I will remember that.

Honestly I stopped caring. I never actually got episode one or two and I still enjoy my occasional run through of the first two half lives. I played episode 2 at someones house once and it was fine and dandy but I want something new out of half life instead of this episodic crap. Gimme half life 3 and I will be happy.

Hell wouldnt it be funny if episode 3 is done and their just working on coming up with another two games to package with it.

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
Depends on how long Valve thinks they can keep milking the Source Engine and people will keep buying games built on it. As it is, with a Portal sequel emerging out of the rumor mill and the eventual L4D3 coming (My money is on it being in and around Vegas.), I can see them trying to capture lightning in a jar again and release the newest Orange Box.

So... the optimist in me will say one year... but I'll play it safe and say two, three years.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
When will it come out? Well, let's see its coming out the same year as Duke Nukem Forever and StarCraft: Ghost so... When hell freezes over, thaws out and freezes again.

Actually I think There probably make the announcement for Counter Strike 2 and then the announcement for Episode 3. Since Portal 2 is being announced the other two announcements should come within a few months of each other.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
They're making Portal 2, so it won't come out this year, so my guess is next year.

Or at least it better fucking be.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
As long as it's not on the fucking Source engine anymore, then I'm happy. Seriously Valve, it worked and looked great for a few years but it needs a massive upgrade.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Probably next year or the year after. It's not that big of a deal... I mean, at least they're putting out games instead of sitting around playing with lightsabers in the office.

MazeMinion

Mar 7, 2010
We will find other life in the galaxy, develop human clones, solve world hunger, and attain world peace before Half Life: Episode 3 comes out.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I would say next year or the year after. They are making Portal 2 so if that incorporates into the HL world then it would be a clever move to release it a year later.

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
Valve is still putting teaser info out there. Look for another box compilation this fall and it will come bundled with Portal 2, which won't be a full game.