Poll: Hardcore Mode in Skyrim

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
Metalhandkerchief said:
I am from canada, and i have to say, if it was a blizzard and someone broke into my house, stole my food, and slept in me bed I would be anything but pleased.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I played it as a Hunter, so I'd enjoy a hardcore mode for it. It'd be great to give food some actual value in the game. It heals too little to be of value to keep, but isn't valuable enough to sell off in mass. The best food I found was a venison stew you can make. It replinishes health and stamina over 300 seconds (I think). But the amount it replenishes is still pretty negligible, and it still isn't valuable (the value of its parts is actually greater than that of the stew).

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
That would be pretty neat. I find it a bit strange that my character can swim in freezing water and not freeze to death.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
Jitters Caffeine said:
viking97 said:
yeah, and in hardcore mode fast travel is turned off. sure, this might make it appeal to less people, but it would make the game that much more immersive to me.
No it wasn't. You could still fast travel just not if the distance/time it would take to get there would cause your hunger, hydration, or sleep would kill you.
umm, no what wasn't? anyways, i'd rather discover how much i can walk before dying myself rather than have the loading screen express tell me. maybe its just me, but you know.

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
I was actually really disappointed when I found out Skyrim didn't have a hardcore mode. It wouldn't even have been hard to implement either.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
It would give that darn cooking minigame some sense. I'm not sure if I would play it, but still...
I have over 1200 cabbages in my closet and don't know what to do with them...

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
10,000 arrows weigh nothing right now though :(

And expect all followers to become melee only :p

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I'm expecting a mod to come along and I really hope it does. When I saw the cooking element in the game I was even more surprised at the omission of a hardcore mode.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I'd want one. Makes me have to actually use an Inn to its fullest extent. Such as eating and drinking or even sleeping.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I see no reason why it wouldn't adapt to Skyrim.

I'd personally never use it as I feel it's a case of realism not enhancing the gameplay experience but rather adding tedium. Though having the option for all player types just makes sense.

TheMagicIndian

May 11, 2011
Metalhandkerchief said:
The "Clear skies" dragon shout is a 1 time per day only ability.
Good luck getting up to Paarthurnax with that. Or later on in the story where it's needed, for that matter.

OT: Wasn't some modder already working on an ultra-realism mod? I believe there was a thread about it not too long ago.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't already be in the game. Heaps of people wanted it and nobody said it would make the game worse. It would be optional after all.

Although it took me 60 hours to even notice there wasn't one, I was looking forward to it and was disappointed to not see it.

They should release it as a free DLC or update.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
viking97 said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
viking97 said:
yeah, and in hardcore mode fast travel is turned off. sure, this might make it appeal to less people, but it would make the game that much more immersive to me.
No it wasn't. You could still fast travel just not if the distance/time it would take to get there would cause your hunger, hydration, or sleep would kill you.
umm, no what wasn't? anyways, i'd rather discover how much i can walk before dying myself rather than have the loading screen express tell me. maybe its just me, but you know.
I don't really know what you're contesting there. You totally could quick travel in Hardcore Mode

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
In Bloodmoon/Morrowind there wasn't a hardcore mode, but the nature of Solestheim kind created a natural ones, you'd have to find shelter in big blizzards, basically you couldn't see what was in front of you and there were many enemies around so you couldn't just rest. You'd have to find a hiding spot from your map to hunker down for a few hours unless you wanted to fall off a mountain or wander into a bunch of overpowered monsters (Solestheim was harsh on low levels).

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I think it would be great I was disappointed there wasn't one in Skyrim.

Warmth would be a good addition too. I really like that idea.