Poll: Has a movie ever caused you to yell out in a theater?

Netface

Oct 10, 2010
The really obvious telegraphing scene for Drag Me To Hell's twist ending had my entire theater go "AWWWW"

It was pretty funny.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Saelune said:
Does it count if I yelled because everyone was clapping?

Cause..people who clap at movies are idiots. Its annoying, rude, and no one hears it who wants to. (ie the actors)
That only happens in the USA and I've never understood it.

DarthHamster

Nov 30, 2009
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Then again, you're supposed to.

Also the latest Harry Potter, where Voldemort assaults Harry with his tentacled robe. "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going to..."

nackertash

Feb 14, 2009
The last half hour of The Return of The King, I yelled about how horribly cheesy it was the whole way through, comparing it to a very very cheesy pizza. I was 10 at the time.

the_hoffs_ego

Oct 11, 2010
I've never yelled out in a theater, but I've heard people do it before. The one that comes to mind is at the end of Inception when this guy yelled "Just fall over already!" when Cobb spun the top. I don't blame him, it's what everyone was thinking.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Yes, whenever a character does something so extremely stupid that it can't be explained with words, and that character has no reason to do/not to do such a thing.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
No. I make it a point to be perfectly quiet, only whispering when I have to blurt out something.

Only time I made the most noise is when the entire theater starts clapping. That's always great.

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
I watched The King's Speech with my mother. Everyone else in the theater was over 40 by my estimate. There's a moment in the film where the King's therapist-to-be says something along the lines of "Hold on, I'm in the loo." I know he used the word loo, and I know everyone in the theater but me laughed at that line. Words could not express my surprise.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Sort of. A summer or two ago, when me and some family members were watching The A-Team (we were the only ones in the theater) and a trailer for the latest Twilight movie came on. I couldn't help myself, I shouted that Bella Swan was, and I quote, "a fucking whore".

...Well, she IS!

Drakmeire said:
During one scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: at world's end
there was a fight between the pirate leaders leading to this exchange
Elizabeth: this is madness
Jack: this is politics
Me in theater:This is SPARTA!!!
Nice to know I'm not the only one who made that connection...

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I haven't, but my friend did just recently at Winnie the Pooh.

It was towards the end of the film, and he just yelled, "Christopher Robin, tuck in your shirt! You look like a douchebag!"

In Winnie the Pooh. So, my friend and I slapped the tattoo he had just gotten the day before. Shut him up. He may have cried.

Oh yeah, he was drunk too. That was a fun day.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
When I was kid watching Chicken Run, I yelled out "I thought so!" when Rocky backed up to get a better look at a billboard that said something racy (to me anyways). Can't remember exactly what it said, but it was something to do with pretty girls or something.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
I walked out of a Theatre Theatre once.

The show consisted of two students performing S&M acts to loud music with a child reading random words over it. They wore gas masked linked by a long tube and rubbed each other with raw meat before one cutting each other with razorblades. Then they took off the masks and one killed the other, by drowning in slime, then himself.

I was a little disappointed they just performed that last bit.

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
The Hangover 2. When the transsexual stripper/hooker first made mention to her being a transsexual I just said out loud, "Oh. My. God!" Then when everyone turned to look at me, they turned around and saw her penis on the big screen. Then at once the entire crowd said "Oh, my God." with me.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Saelune said:
Does it count if I yelled because everyone was clapping?

Cause..people who clap at movies are idiots. Its annoying, rude, and no one hears it who wants to. (ie the actors)
When me and my friends were younger we would start clapping either at wildly inappropriate parts or 20 minutes before the end.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
I saw The Mist in theaters (shut up) and I and half the crowd stood up and clapped when the religious ***** who sacrificed Starkiller was shot.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I yelled "Look! A hickey!" during Paranormal Activity when one of the characters gets that weird bruise on their back. Several audience members laughed. Pretty much the entire audience that I was with hated the movie and laughed at it as much as I did. T'was quite fun and almost made up for wasting that much money on such a crappy movie.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
During Captain America, I starting singing along to "Star Spangled Man". Well, I didn't know the words, but I went "Do do do-dodo doo do" along with it. A couple other people joined it. Was pretty funny.

I almost yelled during Tron Legacy when Keith Richards blew up. Wanted to yell "WHAT?!? NO!!"