Poll: Has a sequel ever gotten you into the rest of the franchise?

Vivace-Vivian

Apr 6, 2010
Oblivion got me to buy Morrowind. Final Fantasy X got me to buy VII and IX. Persona 3 got me to buy 2. I guess you could say it happens to me a lot.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Come to think of it, there are some cases.

Fallout 2
Army of Darkness
Final Fantasy 7
Phantasy Star 4
Tetsuo 2: The Body Hammer
Godzilla movies

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Metal Gear solid 1 (third in the series)
and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (second in series)

while LOK's gameplay went up and down the story, voice acting and cutscenes were always top notch and i compare everything else to it and so far nothing has surpassed it.

MGS i've liked everything about it.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I'm 20.
So I watched the first star wars (episode 1) when I was like 13, watched then 4,5,6, and then 2 when it came out and lastly the third one.
So yeah, star wars 1 brought me into the universe and sort of it's a sequel sort of not.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Griffolion said:
So recently, I was playing the Mass Effect 3 demo (under the persistent "advice" of a friend). Anyway, the multi player is fairly nice, but I also gave the story a quick go. Anyway, I was interested in the Mass Effect universe after that and remembered I had bought number 1 a while back in a sale. I've completed it now and am raring to get onto the second one.

Have you guys ever had a similar experience?
An almost identical experience, but it occured 2-2.5 years ago.

I played ME1 and the starting mission really threw me off, and I thought 'nah, this is a crap xbox port, not interested'. Then ME2 came out, and my friends were like 'woah, ME2 is so much awesome, and it is even better than the original, which was mega super awesome, you gotta play ME2, but first, go back to ME1'.

So I played ME1 just to get 'the story of ME' fell in love with it, everything after the first mission, was fantastic. Got to ME2, and was not as impressed, but that isn't saying too much since ME1 is now my favourite game of all time, followed closely by ME2.

So, glad to see more people are getting into the ME series, couldn't have picked a better time really, if you have a few days to not do anything else, I highly reccomend finishing both ME1 and ME2 to have a character ready for ME3 (I'm doing a third character in ME2 atm, but I have a feeling I won't have ME2 finished in time for ME3, but I'll be importing my original character I started over 2 years ago, into a brand new game, which is noice).

feebstalicious93

Aug 16, 2009
the newest Star Trek really got me interested in the next one, but not the others
assassins creed 2
i usually try the first of a series though

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I played AC2 before I played the first one, which really got me into the series.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I stared the Fallout series with 3, TES series with Oblivion.

Oh, and I got into the Deus Ex series with Human Revolution.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Started CoD with 2, Deus Ex with Human Revolution and Elder Scrolls with Oblivion. Love all of them now.