Poll: Has Diablo 3's always-online mechanic made you more likely to consider Torchlight 2?

YT

Jul 21, 2010
Pretty much just the question. Given that quite a few key people from Diablo 2 went over to make Torchlight, are the problems with Diablo 3's servers, technically (and ethically? in principle?), making you more likely to consider Torchlight 2?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Nope! Buying both because both are awesome in their own right. This online DRM stuff is annoying, but to me its just like logging to StarCraft 2 so I don't really care as much. Part of the problem hooray!

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i haven't really decide if i want torchlight 2 or not yet. i own d3 and server drm stuff be damned I'm having fun wiping out mobs of monsters

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
No, but I never want to play a Diablo clone again. Titan Quest is all I'll need.

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
Nope, never even considered getting Torchlight 2. Torchlight 1 was a terrible hack and slash and everything I've heard about Torchlight 2 makes it sound like absolute rubbish. Diablo has and will always been the king of hack and slashes and there's nothing looking like changing that any time soon.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Yes, but Path Of Exile instead.

There are many many reasons why I wouldn't even touch D3 (one being the DRM). I still don't understand why they couldn't throw in a single player game though, they wouldn't really have any worries with such a popular name (built up because of the great quality titles even before WoW).

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
The always online bullshit made it go from a "will purchase to play with mates" to "pre-order Torchlight 2 and start playing through the free copy of the original that comes with it". I'm also attempting to convince my mates to get Torchlight 2 so I can play it with them. 'cause fuck any game that isn't a MMO and requires a permanent Internet connection.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Always online has no bearing whatsoever on my decision to purchase a game. I'm always online anyways, it changes nothing at all for me.

I sympathize with those of you whom have shitty internet, but honestly, that's your own fault, not the developers. No offense intended.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
TheKasp said:
I am always online.
But Blizzards servers are not.

Anyway yeah I've decided not to purchase D3 and will almost definitely purchase T2 when it comes out. I have little interest in online functionality because few of my friends game on PC so a functioning SP mode is great. Then when you add in mods and the fact that it's 1/3rd of the price of D3 then i can't think of a reason not to get T2.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
No, buying Tl2 was always a sure thing, just made me less likely to buy DIII.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
I was always going to get both. So it hasn't affected me in that way.

MetallicaRulez0 said:
Always online has no bearing whatsoever on my decision to purchase a game. I'm always online anyways, it changes nothing at all for me.

I sympathize with those of you whom have shitty internet, but honestly, that's your own fault, not the developers. No offense intended.
It's not peoples own fault. Many countries don't even have adsl. And even if they could all get good internet it still wouldn't make online only games a good thing. I've been kicked from Anno multiple times for things that are out of my control(problems on ubisofts end, or problems caused by my ISP).

It's an extra risk for no gain. I shouldn't have to worry about that kind of shit when I'm trying to play a single player game.

People are getting burned because of things that they have no control over. It's unreasonable to blame the gamers who get annoyed by this.

Not trying to start a fight or have a go at you btw, just that your last sentence made a good excuse for me to post this rant. :p

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
No impact whatsoever.

I accept that there are games that require a broadband connection. It doesn't make a difference to me that Diablo 3 isn't an MMO. Once they say internet is required I know what to expect.

If my internet connection was unstable I wouldn't buy those games. Simple as that.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
No. The excellent open beta made me consider Torchlight 2.

It's better than Torchlight 1 in almost every single way.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
I'm getting both. Though neither will replace D2, so I won't stop playing that either.

Edit: Well I already got D3 and pre-ordered Torchlight 2 because I liked the first one. Yes, it was far from perfect, but it was still fun.

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
I had already preordered Torchlight 2 based on how awesome a game the first was.

The whole D3 shit makes me not want to buy it for now but I know I will in the future.

It hasn't swayed me in one way or another concerning T2, but now having completed their incredible open beta? Well I'm very excited for its release is all I can say!