Poll: Have another cup, you jittery junkie!

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
As I sit down to browse these forums for entertainment,(A flame war here, a religious browbeating there) I always have a cup of coffee by me as a constant companion.

On average, I probably drink close to seven cups a day and I tend to brew my coffee quite strong because of my tolerance for the stuff that I have developed over years of faithful addiction. This probably came from the need to be awake for my economics class in the mornings of my Grade twelve. Oh, the money I've wasted on coffee over the years!

The question I pose to you, escapist, is how many cups you drink per day on average?

Also, as a follow up, how do you take your coffee?

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
I don't really like coffee, caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on me.

Although, I usually have at least 3 pint glasses full of water in my room.

Starnerf

The X makes it sound cool
Jun 26, 2008
None. I hate coffee. I'd drink tea more often, but I don't feel like boiling water most mornings.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I don't drink coffee...it messes my system up if I have more than three cups.
So I get caffeine from other sources.
Like tea. And soda.
I usually have at least three bottles or one bottle and three cups a day.
...imma junkie.

Seriously, if you were sitting next to me right now, you'd be shaking because of how much I'm jittering. Yay Caffeine!

Oh right.
The rest of your questions...
When I do drink coffee, I add milk and sugar at least.
Sometimes flavoring. I tried having it black once, but it was...not something I want to do again.

Jun 13, 2009
Probably about 4. And then a few more depending on the mood. Also lots and lots of Tia Maria, because it's delicious.

I have it strong with milk if it's instant, and black if it's machine coffee.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
The Maddest March Hare said:
Probably about 4. And then a few more depending on the mood. Also lots and lots of Tia Maria, because it's delicious.

I have it strong with milk if it's instant, and black if it's machine coffee.
Black is the way I tend to drink my own, as well. I usually try my best to keep away from instant.

Ciarang said:
I don't really like coffee, caffeine doesn't have much of an effect on me.

Although, I usually have at least 3 pint glasses full of water in my room.
Water helps you wake, up, too, eh? My drama teacher had each of us go out to drink a cup of water each morning to have us up for class. I'm not kidding, it was mandatory.

Starnerf said:
None. I hate coffee. I'd drink tea more often, but I don't feel like boiling water most mornings.
Tea is lovely, too. What's your favourite kind?

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Neonbob said:
I don't drink coffee...it messes my system up if I have more than three cups.
So I get caffeine from other sources.
Like tea. And soda.
I usually have at least three bottles or one bottle and three cups a day.
...imma junkie.

Seriously, if you were sitting next to me right now, you'd be shaking because of how much I'm jittering. Yay Caffeine!

Oh right.
The rest of your questions...
When I do drink coffee, I add milk and sugar at least.
Sometimes flavoring. I tried having it black once, but it was...not something I want to do again.
It really is an acquired taste, from what I understand. I've always liked it black.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
0, for I do not drink the stuff...not a fan ot tea either. I think I'll just stick to Orange Juice in the morning, it does the trick nicely...

rainman2203

Oct 22, 2008
Either strong black or some flavored stuff like french vanilla or hazelnut. Throw in enough cream and sugar to kill off a diabetic and that's my average cup of coffee.

baseracer

Jul 31, 2009
I get my caffeine from other sources. I didn't have any coffee last night, so I had to drink some soda while staying up writing this paper due tomorrow.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
More than one caffeinated-anything is too much for me. Doesn't matter if it's a pepsi or a cup'a'jo, if I have two I'll be up all night (usually jittering uncomfortably).

Sometimes I can do two, but it's very rare I'll have two and be able to sleep. But then again I've had insomnia my whole life, that probably factors in.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
2-3. And instead of stupid options that noone will pick (like 18+) you could have made more optins for smaller amounts.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I don't drink much coffee but I certainly make up for it with tea, Diet Coke and Red Bull type drinks, all of which I drink in absurd quantities. 2 litres of Diet Coke every day, a couple of cans of Red Bull, ten cups of tea... more or less depending on what I'm doing and what time I get up. If I'm pulling an all-nighter to write an essay, I'll easily sink 15 cups of tea and 4 litres of Diet Coke, all of which makes for a nice crash pretty soon after I've handed the work in.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
rainman2203 said:
Either strong black or some flavored stuff like french vanilla or hazelnut. Throw in enough cream and sugar to kill off a diabetic and that's my average cup of coffee.
Go into a coffee shop and ask for a quadruple, quadruple. Great reactions.

zauxz said:
2-3. And instead of stupid options that noone will pick (like 18+) you could have made more optins for smaller amounts.
You'd be surprised. I once lived with a fellow who drank close to three pots a day. The sad part is, I'm not lying. I'm so used to coffee I've done it before, as well, while cleaning. I just kept filling up the cup until my innards shouted no.

sunami88 said:
More than one caffeinated-anything is too much for me. Doesn't matter if it's a pepsi or a cup'a'jo, if I have two I'll be up all night (usually jittering uncomfortably).

Sometimes I can do two, but it's very rare I'll have two and be able to sleep. But then again I've had insomnia my whole life, that probably factors in.
Even if drank in the morning?

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
I can drink several cups of coffee, trouble is, the ammount i put in the cup is 2-3 times the normal ammount. The other night i ended up with a racing heart beat, chest pains, breathing problems and flutters in my chest coz of how much coffee i had drank in one hour. Then again i was in a severe temper which was why i drank so much. Who needs alcohol when you got lots of coffee...

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
FanofDeath said:
You'd be surprised. I once lived with a fellow who drank close to three pots a day. The sad part is, I'm not lying. I'm so used to coffee I've done it before, as well, while cleaning. I just kept filling up the cup until my innards shouted no.
Well I'm not saying that noone drinks that much. I just think that you could have settled with 10+, instead of adding so many extreme options

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
I think I fall in the 3-6 category. I usually only drink 3 cups, but the coffee they make here at work is really strong so I think I'm actually drinking closer to 6 cups worth.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
zauxz said:
FanofDeath said:
Well I'm not saying that noone drinks that much. I just think that you could have settled with 10+, instead of adding so many extreme options
You're probably right about that, I just wanted to keep my bases covered.

Besides,

Extreme is EXTREME!

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
FanofDeath said:
Even if drank in the morning?
I won't jitter all night if I have it in the morning, but it will be impossible for me to fall asleep that night. As in, I lay there and my brain just won't stop, and I tend to twiddle my thumbs, toss and turn, etc.

I've always likened my tolerance towards caffeine as more of an allergy. My body really doesn't react well to it.

Great during exam time or job training and the like, though. I just have to account for the lost sleep and it can actually improve my productivity.