Poll: Have another cup, you jittery junkie!

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Rekuiem said:
When I worked at starbucks I used to make the most ridiculous drink, 10 shots of espresso and 10 pumps of chai... I had to work at 4:45 in the Morning. It was way too early.

Anyway, I've cut back, but when I was a jittery junkie I was like 4-5 cups a day
That's dangerously close to overdose!

Kudos!

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
Coffee is far too bitter for me, hot chocolate is where hot drinks are at. I get my caffiene/sugar fix from Coke, but it appears that I've grown resistant to both as I can happily fall asleep after drinking a 6 pack of Coke or 2-3 cans of energy drink (Monster, Jolt, Relentless, Rockstar).

It's a little sad really. My kidneys probably think it's very sad.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Aeriath said:
Coffee is far too bitter for me, hot chocolate is where hot drinks are at. I get my caffiene/sugar fix from Coke, but it appears that I've grown resistant to both as I can happily fall asleep after drinking a 6 pack of Coke or 2-3 cans of energy drink (Monster, Jolt, Relentless, Rockstar).

It's a little sad really. My kidneys probably think it's very sad.
They're crying very oddly coloured tears that probably aren't.

Gruthar

Mar 27, 2009
Ah, I'm trying to cut down somewhat on the ol' caffeine (when that came up in a job interview, my potential employers looked at me like I was a space alien.) I indulge in a cup of coffee every now and then, but I was raised a tea drinker.

When I do drink coffee, I drink it with a lot of sugar and cream (or milk in lieu of cream.) I also drink it in mocha (iced or hot) form and French vanilla form. I may be able to control my caffeine consumption, but nothing will ever take away my sweet tooth! F*** you, pancreas!

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
FanofDeath said:
dubious_wolf said:
I usually have about 0.48 cups a day or so if I was to average it out over the week. I normally have about 4 cups a week I drink it to wake up on those early morning days.
How early are you talking?
hehe on monday wednesday and friday I have class at 9:00 so im up at about 7:30 so not that early but bad enough... Im an evening person. :p
Oh and I like my coffee strong and black. no frilly additives for me!

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
Coffee and caffeine drinks OWN. Caffeine is one of the best drugs know to human kind. College would have not been possible with out it as I did over 40 hours of homework as week on average. Long live caffeine!

JDviewer

Mar 3, 2009
FanofDeath said:
syndicated44 said:
FanofDeath said:
Right on, friend. Have you heard any Absu?
No but you have inspired me to look them up and they are pretty good haha.
The drums for Pillars of Mercy blow my mind.

JDviewer said:
I alternate between cups of tea and coffe during the day. I normally have about 3 cups of tea/coffee a day. I take my coffee with milk when I do. I sometimes buy a cappucino just for that extra caffeine buzz.
How are your cappucino's flavoured?
I've tried a few flavours, but haven't found a favourite yet. I've tried caramel, vanilla, sometimes I just have a little chocolate with mine. I've only really gotten into drinking coffee in the last couple of months so I haven't tried much yet. Any good suggestions?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Probably around 3-10 cups a day.
It's less for the caffeine, and more for the taste.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
I am an avid lover of coffee ("Black as midnight on a moonless night"), but I am not a regular drinker. I have a few cups occasionally when visiting friends, and occasionally I have a few to help jolt me into productivity - but I try not to make it a regular thing. This way, I need only a little to become energized, which suits me quite well.
There is something to be said about the acquired taste of a properly-brewed mug of nice, fresh, black coffee. It's a proper drink.

If only I was not about to turn in for the night - this thread has gotten me in the mood for a few cups.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
I refuse to be one of them peoples who depend on coffee to get through the day.

Or any sort of caffeine really. I don't drink energy drinks either.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I don't drink coffee but I recently found myself addicted to Peach Juice.

i don't care if i just flashed my vagina, i love the stuff

Sanaj

Mar 20, 2009
If I need caffeine, coffee is the only drink that works.

I can't stand the taste of energy drinks and Coca Cola doesn't have enough caffeine to affect me at all.

I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day... I've never liked the overly chipper morning people.