Poll: Have creme eggs got smaller?

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I sit here, fellow escapists, with a philisophical question on the brain,

Have Cadbury's creme eggs got smaller over the years?

So, fellow escapists, do you think they have?

Or have we just got bigger making it only seem like they've got smaller?

Or is there some sort of chocolate and fondant conspiracy that is causing the reduction in size to all egg-shaped confectionary?

Discuss.

[image height=200]http://potatosandwich.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/cadbury-creme-egg.jpg[/IMG]
Well, it's nearly Easter time so this topic seemed approprate... sort of.​

(Why yes, I've just been eating a creme egg, how did you guess?)

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
It's possible they're smaller, but I don't see it myself. Possibly because I haven't eaten one in about...7 years?

Apr 28, 2008
There's small ones and big ones. They big ones seem as big as they've always have though.

Maybe as you've grown, they just seem smaller?

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
It couldn't hurt them to make those little diabetes bombs a tad smaller.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Don't know, don't care, had one years ago and thought it was disgusting. The insides are pure sugar... who would willingly put that in their... oh wait, think I'll stop there.

Dec 14, 2009
The real issue is that I'm pretty damn sure that Monster Munch used to be as big as my head.

There is no way I am wrong about this.

aseelt

Jan 13, 2010
I think I read on (the trustworthy) Wikipedia that they have gotten smaller after the Kraft takeover.

That and the American ones were always smaller than the Brit ones.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
You can still buy the regular size, but they have made smaller ones as well.

I'm still looking for the one I saw a few years ago. Thing was like 6 inches in diameter!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I could live off creme eggs!

I think they've gotten smaller, but what pisses me more is the price of them and the goddamn price of Space Raiders seems to be never end in increasing! :mad:

Real Atomsk

Jan 23, 2011
Yeah they have shrunk in the US by 6 grams. The old marketing for it has been they haven't shrunk you have just gotten older but they (Cadbury) has come out and said that they shrank the size of the US and Canadian eggs from 40 grams to 34

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
'Gotten' smaller.

And no, I don't think so. At least, they haven't over here.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
It's possible... I've never liked Creme eggs so I don't know, maybe we just got bigger?
They're a lot more expensive though, about 70p now! What a joke!!
I realised when I bought a Kit kat chunky that they don't fill about two inches of the packaging, I know they're put less in the bags over the years, but wow ¬_¬