Poll: Have you donated any money to wikipedia?

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
I would love to support wikipedia. Thanks to it, I have been able to pass my physics courses. In fact, my electricity and magnetism teacher taught classes by bringing up the wikipedia page for what he was teaching us, because it was better worded and had more information than the required textbook. Heck, he should have just told us "instead of buying this $100 book, donate that money to wikipedia." However, the administration wouldnt let him.
Unfortunately, I'm still a student, so I'm still broke. If they are still around by this time next year, I will most likely donate at least a little to them (since I hope to graduate this coming summer).

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
People actually use wiki as a legitimate source of learning and information? Jesus if my uni caught me doing that I would be laughed out. No I will never donate as I never use it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Nope. It's a fun place to mess around in but I don't do any research from it or anything. It would be inconvenient if it vanished but I wouldn't regret its loss too long.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Nope. It's a fun place to mess around in but I don't do any research from it or anything. It would be inconvenient if it vanished but I wouldn't regret its loss too long.
Precisely my answer. It's a good site and all but I'd rather spend my money on hookers and blow. I assume it's the same for you. I assume it's the same for everyone.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Couldn't even if I wanted to. Paypal locked me out of my account and I have yet to receive the letter in the mail. Oh the joy of 'enhanced security'

I generally am not a person that is in a financial situation to give my money away, even if it is for a good cause like a charity or not-for-profit organization.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
I can't, don't have a job and a steady income to donate money with. I like Wikipedia but overall Google would be able to take its place if it ever got shut down.