Poll: Have you ever been tired of music?

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
I'm not sure why, but I felt this was worth a forum post, and a POLL! =D Because I know you guys love Polls.
Anyways, I've been sitting at my computer all day, shuffling through iTunes and hunting music on Youtube and even played with pandoraradio, but no matter what I'm just...bored. Just to be specific, I don't mean a type of music or a song, but all music in general.
Never in my life has music caused boredom for me, and even though this may sound stupid or not forum worthy to you, well, it is to me.
So I guess I just want to know, Have you ever been bored of music?

aseelt

Jan 13, 2010
Yes. I've been in a non musical funk for about... two years now.

Just not interested in anything lately. Can't remember the last time I actively listened to music/the radio and enjoyed it.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Sometimes I get bored with my music selection even though I have a ton on my ipod. I think it's because I have so much music that I can never decide what I want to listen to, so I just end up staring at my ipod the whole bus ride home.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
It happens to everyone at some stage, some more than others. The best thing would be to just listen to nothing for a few days, not a single song.

Pretty soon all will be well. Whilst music is indeed great, unlike bacon or sex you won't want it all the time.

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
I never thought about it, but really...no o.o. I have never not been entertained by music I chose to listen too. That probly has alot to do with the fact that I use it almost exclusively as video game background or to help me go to sleep, so I focus on it alot less, but it's always just been a smooth background feeling for me.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Sometimes I really don't want to practice, but listening to music? Nah. Though sometimes I'll just use it as background noise instead of actively listening.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Sometimes I'm not in the mood for it, and just like to sit in silence.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
It happens to me too from time to time. Since I became done with school and failed to get a job I find myself listening to music almost constantly, be it when I'm at my computer or on my MP3 when I'm outside. From time to time it looses that music magic and starts to feel a little bland. It usually helps to just turn it off for a while, go a few days with less music or complete silence.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Yeah occasionally I get a bit tired of my music and end up skipping through tons of songs on my ipod, often though this just makes me listen to some of my music that I haven't heard in ages and then I'm back in love with music.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
It happens to everyone.

I take advantage of it though. When it happens to me, I try to find a genre of music that I would usually not be too into (becoming increasingly rare, or next to impossible, these days) and experiment with bands in that area. Usually breaks my funk.

Coincidently, go listen to some funk! That could help.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
I don't think it's possible, unless you are really limiting yourself. Branch out, listen to some crazy obscure stuff you'd never normally look at.