Poll: Have you ever bullied someone?

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Yes. The "And so have I" option doesn't make any difference, and it doesn't make it any more acceptable, so I voted "Yes" instead. I still hate that I did it. I don't hate myself, because I have apologised and it verbal. He accepted my apology, and we're actually friends now, funnily enough, but I still feel ashamed.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Me and my girlfriend are bullied right now, by people who are younger than us if you believe that.
Pathetic I know, but it's mostly just horrible bitchy girls that make comments or make sick noises when we pass by.
It doesn't affect me much, but when it upsets my girlfriend I want to beat the living shit out of them, but can't.

Damn disrespectful kids and double-standards...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Somewhat, I mean I did get bully and I was in a group who pretty much bully people by constant name calling (example they keep calling this girl a psycho just because she shouted during lesson because of some argument).
By all mean I didn't took part in the name calling at all but it not like I stop them from calling people names.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Yes, and I'm ashamed of both the fact that I have done it and that I didn't realize I was doing it at the time.

I have since learned and hope I can maintain being a better person.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I have been bullied through grade school and middle school, but In highschool I got the my grade school bully in a small class and he treated me the same way he did in high school, only difference now was that I said a 4 inch 80 lb size difference and I made that class hell for him.

He doesn't talk to me anymore, mission accomplished.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Yeah. Kinda. It wasn't the sort of commonly thought bullying. Just really passive aggressive to this one guy. I'm ashamed of it and try to avoid doing it now.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
Me and a friend used to tease this christian dude at school. He was really awkward, skinny and wore these geeky glasses. It's not like we tormented him or anything, it was mostly just us being us and him being him. We would often discuss heavy metal and satanism, and he would dislike it very much. At some point, we started bringing it up more if he was around. Eventually the novelty wore off and we departed on good terms.

I later met the dude when I realized we were serving in the same brigade during our military service. He was a logistics guy and I was an NCO, so we both ended up serving a full year. We occasionally stay in touch, though not that often.

That was me... teasing? I suppose it counts as mild bullying, not as hardcore as social isolation or straight out violence, which I've both experienced personally. From grades seven through nine I was essentially cast out and exiled from any and all social circles around the school. I actually didn't speak a word for the first year or so. During second year, most people heard me speak for the first time.

On the ninth grade, the situation took a rather comical turn. Now, I've always been big and strong, so I was never really physically bullied. But the out of the blue this little Kurd dude starts picking on me. He was half my size, and I never really had a chance to speak to him about his issues. He did these hit and run attacks on me. Spat in my face once, completely randomly. One time during P.E class, he took a running start and leap-kicked me in the back. I didn't even stumble, and before I knew it he had sprinted off. I still remember the look of confusion I shared with the guy standing next to me. He did this on and off for the whole year. He was perhaps most of all annoying, rather than a true menace.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
I've made people really upset before from what I've said
But only ever if they started to annoy me first
The problem is I would go to far and they had no counter argument

So partially I suppose, but never was the person I did it to unworthy of the harassment, as it was only ever done to people that harassed me

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Ignoring sibling shenanigans, once I bullied one person.

I felt and feel horrible about the experience.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
i don't remember ever bullying someone intentionally (always possible for someone to interpret something differently, right?) and i had some people try to bully me, but my apathetic responses made them get bored.

unless you count the sort of reversal i did once as bullying.

guy was being a dick at lunch (bullying someone i know who has a minor mental disorder) and i called him out on it to redirect the hate. then started acting as if i was getting supremely upset from him.

then i immediately switched gears and started acting friendly, much to his confusion.

after that i actually have no memory of him after this, so either he moved on, stopped entirely, or something else.

Off Topic: my captcha was "gave aids"
umm... escapist, is there something you want to tell me?

EDITED FOR DERPYNESS

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I've been bullied but i have never bullied someone else. Sure i've been a dick to people before but never in any way that could be considered bullying.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Yes. I didn't even realise I was until the last day of Primary School, when the girl told me I'd made her life hell. I honestly hadn't realised, it hadn't occurred to me. I think back now, and it was so long ago I can't remember what I did, only my horror when I realised that I had been bullying someone.

I'd been bullied before, and have been bullied after that, but never have I treated anyone else the same way I treated that girl. I don't even know if she remembers, and if she holds a grudge, since I haven't seen her since that day.

GistoftheFist

Jan 6, 2012
For some reason unknown to me, the only time someone was willing to be my friend in grades 1-12 was if i'd join them in bullying/badmouthing someone else. This would happen every single schoolyear; males would usually be the more physical kind like "here throw this at ___" where girls would trashtalk someone they hated and wanted me to agree. And every single time i'd refuse. I don't know where it came from but even at age 6 I knew that I didn't want to treat someone else like shit to make myself feel better. Sadly it would cause me a lot of headache in the years to come.

I made exactly 0 friends throughout my schoolyears. The same people i'd refuse to bully would eventually end up doing it to me to fit in with their rat pack friends. I could promise you none of them were abused at home or anything, they are just bored overprivilaged white kids finding fun in tormenting others, like a demented child who tortures small animals for fun. What was MOST disgusting to me is during middle school (or junior high as it's called here) people would harass and bully the mentally challenged kids, some of which I worked with in different classes. They would taunt them and and pester them until they would go berzerk and have tantrums and screaming fits. And it isn't even just the bullies, the popular pretty clique of girls would do it as well as the afterschool club types.

I've helped former asswipes with their schoolwork when asked to, and they'd go right back to being a bully as soon as it was done. Most if not all are pathetic MTV products who smoke to be cool, scratch graffiti into desks, blather on about what drugs they like, and if confronted by a mob of them call YOU the coward for not fighting them 6 on 1. Looking back, I bet if I treated people as poorly as i've been treated in those 12 years of my life, i'd probably have made some friends. Cruel, shitty, petty, waste of air friends, but i'd have made them.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
I've never bullied anyone nor been bullied, which I'm thankful for. I've been a dick to people and vice versa, but yeah that's about it.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
I'm ashamed to say that i have
but only because he was being an idiot and pushing around some of the girls in my group of friends

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I'm relatively tall, was relatively fit and smart growing up, and figured out how to scare people off at an early age. As such, no one ever had the guts to push me, which was probably smart of them, and I got to bury myself in my books in peace. So no, never bullied, never really been bullied - semi-friendships with jerks, sure, but not for long and never more than a minor inconvenience.

To be honest, I've had the good fortune to never really have any close encounters with the jerk kind in any real capacity, so what interactions with the world I have I tend to approach with rose-tinted glasses, and the day that changes will be interesting.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Once or twice I joined in with a group, but I've never actively focused on a single person before, and I've not done anything like it for years.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
The only thing i do that could be considered bullying is asserting my dominance as a senior at my school in minor ways. like making underclassmen move in line (not sure why they do, im just a teddybear) or not holding back in dodgeball.

nothing that would ever be physically or mentally damaging though.