Poll: Have you ever hated someone so much that you simply wanted to kill them?

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Yes, I've hated someone, two people in fact.
Though it has softened a little with time, it's been almost a year and they still make my rage boil, all this hatred come back. It's one of those things where you smile about not them being hit by a car or anything, but the result of that. How they can't move, get abandoned and are completely and utterly hopeless. How you simply relish in their absolute pain and misery for whatever they dd to you.

To think I was completely docile until that point...and look, if you wanna hear it, simply ask, but I feel I've recounted it too many times in too many places already.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Back when I was a stupid kid. I had this douchebag teacher, and this douchebag school bus driver. Come to think of it, the vast majority of my hatred in life has been fueled by school. This must be part why I'm such a chilled out guy, now that I'm in college.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Yes, my younger brother.
But by now, years of playing videogames have taken away my violent tendencies.

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
Lack of understanding; hate comes from
Appropriate motivation; everyone has
Justification; Motivation is not
The want to kill; understanding diminishes
The need to kill; understanding brings
Last resort; yet murder is
Just as if not more effective; subversion is

Therarchos

Mar 20, 2011
Once... and I didn't hate him I loathed him. On a patrol we were contacted by a man who had put his (approximately) six year old son into a coma by giving him opium because the kid wouldn't sleep. The other other son lacked three fingers on his right hand and had burn marks on half his body. The father said that he lost his fingers in an ice machine. Very fucking unlikely. Before I stopped myself I had popped the safety and started to lift my weapon. Didn't do it but still think that the world would be a better place without bastards like him.

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
Nope. I don't know what someone would have to do to make me angry enough to want to kill them. I'd kill in self defense if necessary without a second thought. But I've never been given a reason to plan someone's murder. It seems a little... extreme. And final.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Yup.
It spurred my training actually. for 7 years. 2-4 hours a day. Every day.

Then I found out 'he' died from his son butchering him whilst on a meth high, and 'she' fell in front of a truck a couple months later.

and I felt happy that now they were dead and I didn't have to worry about the law; because, you know, I didn't do anything... I then found a new reason to train and I still do it to this day! ;)

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I've never really hated anyone, let alone disliked them enough to kill them.

I've thoroughly disliked people, but never hate.

Hate gets used incorrectly by most people, in my opinion.
What he said. Also, even "just" disliking someone takes a lot out of me. So much energy burned on someone one doesn't even like! No thank you. Instead I minimise contact with people I dislike. Then again, I minimise contact with everybody, lol. I like being alone =d

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Kill? No. Beat to within an inch of their life? Yes.
Ah yes. That's me.

The beating is good. The suffering is better. Don't end it so quickly, yes?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I think most people have.

I know I have. Really, sometimes it's the easiest option. Think about it. Some unreasonable bastard getting in your way, and he/she has a legal bullshit loophole to trap you exactly where you are in life? If it weren't against the law, it'd be easiest just to kill the fucker and be free of that crap.

But, it is against the law. Such pathetic wastes of oxygen aren't worth spending a lifetime in a cell for.

However, to be honest, it sometimes iritates me that nobody has to answer for their actions as long as the police can't be involved. Someone can go around being a complete asshole, ruining entire fucking lives, but because they haven't broken the law, nobody can touch them. If someone was to do so, they just go running to the cops, and the person trying to give an awful person the beating they so sorely deserve, and might serve to teach the fucker that his actions have consequences, becomes the bad guy in the eyes of the law.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Kill? No.
Cause major bodily harm?, yes

My girlfriend's ex.

Long story short, he is abusive and controlling, and is trying to get her back. If he didn't have military training and a concealed weapon, I would meet him outside of my work, and fight him. But he's already made it clear he's willing to kill me to get her back.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Every time I look in the mirror.

Naw, just kidding, I couldn't hate myself, we have too much in common.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
I said yes, though really I'd like to do a lot worse than kill him if I ever find him again. I probably won't, but I can dream...

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
No. There were a couple of people in school that if they were to fall off a cliff, I sure wouldn't miss 'em. But I've never hated someone so much I wanted to kill them myself.
But then judging by how they acted and the company they kept, they're probably dead by now anyway. Or in prison. Or if neither, they should be.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Nope. I thank my hobbies and my laid-back personality for this. Thank god that I do whatever the fuck I want and not bend over to some douche who thinks he's much better than me due to him playing sports or some other asinine reason.

...That was teenage angst. I thought I killed that part of my brain, but I accept him from time to time and dabble in sometimes, so I apologize if this isn't tolerated in this thread. Back to being a mature silent man now...

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
Does killing my imaginary friends count? if it does, that I should go to jail for a long time.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Most certainly, but I don't have the practical means to make an attempt on their life without serious repercussions.

Then again it is mostly reserved for individuals who I know would be deserving of it - like Robert Mugabe. An individual who abused democracy to turn a country into a dictatorship and lead it into hyperinflation and starvation.

Luna

Apr 28, 2012
Not really. Assuming a world without consequences, I wouldn't go any further than tying them up and punching them in the face a few times, and there's only a couple of people who I'd do that too.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Hmm...killing may be a little extreme, and in some cases a bit too nice to them.

But I have had my wishes of the things I would do to people who hack/cheat in multiplayer games, their sole aim being to bathe in the attention and hatred that comes from the hundreds of people they've pissed off.
It starts off with breaking all their fingers one by one, followed by breaking their elbows. Try to hack now asshole :D

Yeah I take my multiplayer games too seriously, but what can I do? I'm passionate about them and they're a lot of fun.