Poll: Have you ever walked out of a movie at the cinema?

The_Longier

Jan 18, 2014
I walked out on the Remake of the ring as it was so bad I was just so angry at the poor quality.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
The last movie I walked out of was that one remake of Carrie. My sister brought me and two other siblings to watch it and I had no interest in seeing it. Also, i didn't want to watch the prom slaughter scene.

I'm still not good at DDR.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I haven't. I've never actually gone to see a movie I disliked enough to walk out, especially given that the cost of getting in the door in the first place is so high. I can't say I've gone to see many movies at all that I've really actively disliked though as I usually try to research anything I see beforehand and will just wait on anything I'm not fairly sure about.

That said, there was one movie I almost left not because of the movie but because of some douchebags that were sitting behind me. Went out to get the manager and they scattered like rats though so I ended up staying.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
About mid through Transformers 2 was the last time I walked out of the theatre just to get the heck out of that piece of crap before it destroyed what was left of my brain at the time... Lucky for me I was actually able to get my money back and yet don't recall why they gave it back to me when I asked since I wasn't actually expecting a full refund in honest.

There are others before I have walked out of, but back then I would walk straight into another movie if that was ever the case and yes that is illegal and wrong and no I don't do that anymore and don't go to the theatre like I use to way back.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Nope. I pick going to the movies particularly careful, since it's not exactly cheap. Also, a lot of films don't benefit from seeing them on a large screen with a mad and loud sound system. Annoyingly, this includes a lot of visually reliant movies (Pacific Rim, Avengers, Man of Steel, etc). Why? Because the image quality at the movies is fucking ridiculous. I'd much rather have it in 1080p at home than see it and miss what I'm seeing since it's so fuckin' blurry (Happened all throughout Pacific Rim. It wasn't until I got it on BR that I get to see what one of the monsters clearly looked like). The only movies to ever fix this are The Hobbit ones. Moving at a much smoother frame rate and in a higher quality video, not to mention the 3D being one of four films to ever get it right and not look tacked on (Hobbit 1, Hobbit 2, Gravity, Avatar).

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
No, because I almost always go to see films I actually want to watch/am fairly certain will be good. Even in date-type situations I've often had to pick so I try to go for something I think we'll both enjoy.

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
xaszatm said:
I walked out of Epic Movie...but then again, I don't really count that abomination a "movie" to begin with.
I was bored one night and really wanted to watch a comedy. I bought the Epic Movie DVD from a Spar shop. It cost me £15 (about $25).

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
Nope, never walked out of a movie though I have fallen asleep through a few of them. I almost walked out of that third shitty Santa Claus movie that had Tim Allen in it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Mersadeon said:
canadamus_prime said:
Yes. I walked out of About Schmit because old people talking about sex made me squirm.
I understand that. While I really like the movie, it IS making everyone in the room uncomfortable. It pretty much is a movie ABOUT making people squirm with things that are true, but normally ignored and denied. It also always feels like it is partially a comedy, except the comedy never starts. Not a feel-good movie.
It doesn't exactly help that I'm not completely comfortable with sex to begin with. Toss in old people and I'll be bolting for the door.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
Of course not. Going to the Cinema and buying popcorn is expensive nowadays, I'm not just walking out half way through!
Rylingo said:
xaszatm said:
I walked out of Epic Movie...but then again, I don't really count that abomination a "movie" to begin with.
I was bored one night and really wanted to watch a comedy. I bought the Epic Movie DVD from a Spar shop. It cost me £15 (about $25).
Sorry to tell you this, but you didn't rent a comedy, you rented a horror that emphasises the deepest and darkest parts of mankind that most of us like to pretend don't exist...

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
I did once, and the movie was called Hobo with a Shotgun.
This is one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. Why was this movie made? Just terrible acting, dumb plot, filled with gore for no reason. One on my friends wanted to see it and some of us went with him. Dam, that movie sucked.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Nope. I think I've always gone to the movies with enough people to make it selfish of me to just leave, but even if I had the choice to ever walk out I don't think I would have.

Cars is the only movie that couldn't hold my interest enough to make me hold my need to pee, so I briefly left during that. That count?

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
I was pretty close to doing so at the newest Resident Evil release. Ignoring the fact all the movies in the franchise are terrible, this newest one pissed me off.

-Alice as a character (this has never changed. I hate Mary-Sue's and she is the definition).
-Removing Chris and Claire from the film with no good reason
-Bringing back old characters as "clones".
-No one questioning why, with Umbrella's ability to apparently create PERFECT clones, have they decided to do bio-warfare instead (seriously. PERFECT CLONES?!)
-What I assumed to be an adaptation from one of the book series "Underworld", except totally not (including a training facility for bio weapons which appeared to be specific areas and climates, depending on the creature).
-Leon. This individual was not Leon, one of the best knife fighters in all of Resident Evil. Yet, he is defeated in a knife fight seconds after it began with a clone.
-Leons decision to just abandon a child. Ignoring the fact it's a clone, Leon would never do this in the games.
-Alice turning back into a bio weapon for Umbrella. As soon as she became human again, I was almost excited because at least her fighting the monsters would be more exciting. Instead, even as a human she was still jumping off 30 story buildings and sucker punching bio weapons in the fact. Then, to add insult to injury they just turn her back.
-Wesker at the end. No, I'm okay with the concept of Wesker taking a seat in the white house as a mock ruler now that the world has turned to shit. And I'm also okay with the thought that now she HAS to work with him in order to save the world. However, my mind wonders to how they are going to even go through with the premise, and I remember it's under Andersons thumb. Brings tears to the eyes.

I've hated most of the series, but this was the first that actually made me physically angry and want to walk out. The only reason I didn't was because I had to write an article on it and I was given free access regardless. Glad I didn't pay a dime for this terrible film.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Edl01 said:
Of course not. Going to the Cinema and buying popcorn is expensive nowadays, I'm not just walking out half way through!
Rylingo said:
xaszatm said:
Sorry to tell you this, but you didn't rent a comedy, you rented a horror that emphasises the deepest and darkest parts of mankind that most of us like to pretend don't exist...
I didn't actually think this movie was too bad, and I've heard from a ton of other people they despised it. Don't get me wrong, I never thought it was a masterpiece, I'm just curious where all the hate it stemming from

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Walked out of Anaconda. Mostly because I had eaten a lot of Snifters, (minty chocolaty candy things,) and I felt sick so the snake's apparent bulimia problem wasn't helping me calm my stomach. Still it was a fucking awful movie so I'm counting it.

Generally though I'll see a movie to it's end regardless of how bad it is. The only time I was actively wanting to stop watching a movie was this 1970s French film called "I Will Walk Like a Crazy Horse". Was about 5-10 minutes in before I hated it and about 20 minutes in before I wanted to turn it off. Still the worst and most pretentious film I've ever seen, the only reason I saw all of it was because I was watching it with friends. They were finding my frequent outbursts amusing and wanted to see just how bad the film got. It got a lot worse. I equate it to eating a raw egg; it's disgusting but you put yourself through it because you have a vague understanding that it could be beneficial. Also it makes you want to vomit.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
I have done so once or twice, but usually only to walk into another one, so I dunno if that counts.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I fell asleep during The Hobbit. I was so disappointed.

Closest to walking out was "Robocop 2" I was so excited to see that movie. Written my Frank Miller, I thought it would be awesome. Instead, it was an episodic ugly bore.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I haven't walked out as I tend to enjoy movies, no matter how bad they are.
It may be because I tend to adopt the mindset of a captive audience: I don't question or try to make judgements during the film. I just watch, chuckle at jokes I find funny, and try remember any significant scenes and the plot.
My optimistic outlook that allows me to overlook most annoyances also helps.

That being said, I did fall asleep whilst watching the Desolation of Smaug for the second time (2 weeks later), as I wasn't exactly to have missed much, and had already digested most of the material. That is the only time I recall sleeping in the theater.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I walked out of Transformers 2 during the drugged brownie scene. I came back about 20 minutes later once I was sure that scene was finished.