Poll: Have you PC gamer put your money where your mouth is for MW2?

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Was going to pre order it, then used that money to buy a new game and go out for a night instead. fun stuff.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
danpascooch said:
fix-the-spade said:
Yes, yes I did. Until it proves itself otherwise Acitvision can't have my money.
Can I have it? Maybe if you give it to me as a check, along with a letter, you can get your own article on the escapist!
Why yes you certainly can.

Just send a prepaid self addressed envelope to:

Fix-the-Spade

Ski Lodge 5
Penitence St
Mount Mephistopheles
Hades
New Jersey

X66 6AO

I look forward to sending you a cheque.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
danpascooch said:
Pingieking said:
I did.
Since the single player is only 4~5 hours, I'm not even going to pirate it. If a game takes more time for me to pirate than to play, then it's not worth my time to pirate.

(Just kidding. I don't pirate games.)
Afraid the FBI might read this thread and illegally use that as grounds to search your computer?

Ah paranoia, you are so much fun
I'm in Canada. FBI has no jurisdiction here, and CSIS doesn't seem to care much.
:D

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I didn't give 2 beforehand, and the fiasco with the dedicated servers only sealed the deal.

Death to Activision!

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Vault boy Eddie said:
Maluku said:
Terramax said:
If you never cared then the poll isn't aimed at you. It's aimed at those who did plan to buy but then said they'd cancel their preorder/ would not buy it.
Okay that's why I didn't vote, it would still be nice to know how many people really cared about it or how many just ignored it like I did.
I actually wanted to play it some fierce, and while I wasnt really in it for the multiplayer although I did play alot on MW1, the fact that they are charging 60 bucks for a 5-6 hour game is just heinous.
Its called making as much money possible for doing as little work possible. I definitely changed my preorder a few days ago to Bad Company 2 cause IW aint get my money!

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
Yeah I did, wanted to see if the new system was any good and lo' and behold it's actually not, like every PC gamer knew it wouldn't be, you just can't beat dedicated servers. I've had lag in some of the games, players skipping across the ground in some matches and slowness at times, they said it would be good, it's not even that, it's the same as on the *gulp* consoles *shudders*.

I'm not bothered though really, I had the money to spend and was looking for another game to buy and play, got Borderlands with it too:)
I'm hoping IW/Activision see just how much of a mess they've made and reintegrate dedicated servers into the mix, will make the multiplayer worth playing again. There is really host migration though cause the game paused to find a new host so at least that part works ok.

I didn't doubt that IW would deliver a top notch singleplayer experience, what I've played of it so far is awesome and I look forward to finishing it, but I'll take my time, not blow through it like some maniac(my mate finished it in 4 hours, who seriously does that?)and miss everything.

EDIT: I plan to get BF:BC2 also, got enough money for quite a few games so this fiasco doesn't really faze me. Sucks though that IW went this route, I've lost faith in them, as well as Activision, who no doubt enforced this decision.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
I'm not getting fucking MW2.

They charge more for an ASS LOAD less content? They can go finger themselves.

bkingston

Mar 6, 2008
was going to play this fps religiously before the slap to the face. Bought DAO and not looking back. If anything, I'll buy it used so IW doesn't see my moneyz

ZeroWarrior

Aug 15, 2008
Preordered it when it first came available on Steam. Today after reading yet another article online, I asked for a refund. Few hours later, I got my money back from Steam. I'm done with all of this, it's not worth $60.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Well, I wasn't going to but it in the first place but now I am NEVER going to buy it even if the price tumbles below £1.

Vault boy Eddie said:
Changed my preorder to mass effect 2 and bought borderlands and also left 4 dead 2 on steam, im pretty much covered on the gaming department for now.
*Hugs* Good taste in games. Except I never got Borderlands cause Left 4 Dead 2 solves that paricular need.

Sisyphus0

Sep 10, 2008
Yes, I have plenty of work to do and other games to play, I have no intention of picking up this game. While dedicated server fiasco have turned me off multiplayer, the other lack of features such as lean, and console have stopped me from even considering playing single player. I hate playing online on the console with matchmaking servers, the reason online is so great on pc is the mini-communities that form and the endless customization possible to make the game something I enjoy, rather than the features that appeal to the masses.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Yeah, when mouse control, graphical settings, and in game text chat are the only things that differentiate the game from a console port I loose all interest.

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
Was originaly realy looking forward to this release. The extra money probably wouldn't have put me off that much either... but since I mostly play online with a close group of friends / clan, the whole dedicated server fiasco put me off... won't be buying this title.

Zani

May 14, 2008
I canceled my pre-order the second they announced that there wouldn't be any dedicated servers. And I'm happy I did, because I bought Dragon Age: Origins instead.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Yeah, I keep hearing those people saying "Oh you are gonna cave in and buy it anyway!"

I suppose they weren't talking about me - I still haven't bought it and am going to go with DAO instead.

ZeroWarrior

Aug 15, 2008
Oddly thats exactly what I was thinking of doing. Rather than spend $60 for a short campaign and stunted multiplayer, spend the $50 on DAO for a much longer and more fulfilling experience. It seems nowadays you'll get more for your money out of an RPG than something like a blockbuster FPS game.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Yeah, I keep hearing those people saying "Oh you are gonna cave in and buy it anyway!"

I suppose they weren't talking about me - I still haven't bought it.
Exactly, some people have the 13 year old jonas bros fan syndrome. *Oh mai gah if I don't play the game im gonna die!!!* I'm still standing!

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
erm what about arnt getting it for pc so never cared about the server issues.....

mrjinx

Dec 31, 2008
I was going to buy it because I played the hell out of COD4 when it came out. Sorry the dedicated server thing doesn't fly with me for this type of game. Also 9v9 seems like a harsh restriction for a PC FPS.

I have enough games to play now that I will get along without it, maybe I will buy it when the price goes down in a few years...and 2 more COD games have come out. -_-