Poll: Have you preordered Starcraft 2?

Fatalis67

Apr 30, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Fatalis67 said:
I hate the Blizzard brand of RTS now. After playing alot of Company of Heroes and Dawn of War, their games have too little depth and are far too simple to enjoy.
You're playing them all wrong.
Please explain.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Fatalis67 said:
lacktheknack said:
Fatalis67 said:
I hate the Blizzard brand of RTS now. After playing alot of Company of Heroes and Dawn of War, their games have too little depth and are far too simple to enjoy.
You're playing them all wrong.
Please explain.
I honestly don't understand how you can say "They're too shallow and simple". There's an entire Korean UNIVERSITY dedicated to teaching the different strategies and counterattacks to various situations in StarCraft.

Yes, a UNIVERSITY.

Stuff like this happens when StarCraft becomes your country's official sport.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
No, I haven't preordered it. I never played the first one, so I see no reason to play the second one.

I'm fine with Red Alert 3.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I want to but...but its just too darn expensive on Play.com. I don't want to hand over that much cash.

Fatalis67

Apr 30, 2008
lacktheknack said:
*snip

I honestly don't understand how you can say "They're too shallow and simple". There's an entire Korean UNIVERSITY dedicated to teaching the different strategies and counterattacks to various situations in StarCraft.

Yes, a UNIVERSITY.

In Blizzard's RTSes, there really isn't anything going on anywhere other than in your base and the enemy base. The game always plays out the same way: You build a variety of units to counter whatever they happen to have then send them to the enemy base, hopefully before the enemy does the same. There is no fighting anywhere other than the two bases except in the situation where you both send your armies across the map at the same time. The game usually boils down to who can build the most balanced assortment of units fastest, and unless you are extremely good or extremely lucky, it's rare that you can come back from a major attack on your base.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I'll pre order it when there's an actual release date. Blizzard goes through release dates like a hooker through condoms. I'll believe it's coming out the week before actual.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I wanted the BETA key. Does anyone know when the BETA starts back up?

TsunamiWombat said:
I'll pre order it when there's an actual release date. Blizzard goes through release dates like a hooker through condoms. I'll believe it's coming out the week before actual.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100420-StarCraft-II-Has-a-Release-Date-At-Last-July-27th

Mr.Black

Oct 27, 2009
I work at EB Games, so I'm definitely going to twist my bosses arm and allow me grab my copy of the game a few hours before the midnight launch (lines suck).

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
It's had a release date for a while now.

Worgen said:
blizzard dangled a job in front of me then pulled it away after I dropped classes and such but never called me about it and since I showed up for training I heard they black listed me or something so Im still a bit pissed at them over it
Okay that does sound pretty douchey, if it's true.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Amnestic said:
TsunamiWombat said:
It's had a release date for a while now.

Worgen said:
blizzard dangled a job in front of me then pulled it away after I dropped classes and such but never called me about it and since I showed up for training I heard they black listed me or something so Im still a bit pissed at them over it
Okay that does sound pretty douchey, if it's true.
if it wasnt true then I would still be playing wow probably

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Fatalis67 said:
lacktheknack said:
*snip

Yes, a UNIVERSITY.

In Blizzard's RTSes, there really isn't anything going on anywhere other than in your base and the enemy base. The game always plays out the same way: You build a variety of units to counter whatever they happen to have then send them to the enemy base, hopefully before the enemy does the same. There is no fighting anywhere other than the two bases except in the situation where you both send your armies across the map at the same time. The game usually boils down to who can build the most balanced assortment of units fastest, and unless you are extremely good or extremely lucky, it's rare that you can come back from a major attack on your base.
I can say the same about CoH and DoW, but that would be wrong since I liked those two games as well. Anyways, if you examine any of the higher level games, you would know that is not the case since it is much more than just build a balanced army faster. Even a smaller, better controlled army can destroy a poorly controlled larger army in Starcraft.

OT: Obvious statement, I've preordered it, hopefully Blizzard can fix/improve B.net 2.0 by release date.

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
It seem just like Starcraft 1 with better graphics, so I'm gonna pass.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
I had planned on it but money's an issue right now. I was able to afford Dragon Quest IX and Blazblue 2 thanks to trading in games. Starcraft 2 sadly didn't make the cut.

Besides, League of Legends is taking up the multitude of my strategy gaming time right now.

Devilrose25

Mar 19, 2010
Yep, both CE and SE for me and my bro. :)

July 27 it will be an RTS battlefield, climbing up the ladder have some epic 3v3's, 4v4's and trying the amazing custom maps.

Fatalis67

Apr 30, 2008
Xzi said:
*snip
The fact that you're making this statement against Starcraft 2 is stupid. The fact that you're making this statement against ALL Blizzard RTSes is downright retarded. Have you ever played Warcraft 3? Or even seen it played once? Battles happen all over the map, and microing can win you the game even if your units are countered by the other player(s).

As for Starcraft 2, watch any game played from this channel and try to tell me they're all the same:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hdstarcraft?blend=3&ob=4#p/u

Try to think about what you're saying before clicking the post button.

OT: I pre-ordered it right after getting the chance to try beta. I'm already in SC2 withdrawal.
Don't assume I saw the game played once. I own Warcraft 3 and Starcraft and have played them extensively. You misunderstand that I genuinely LIKE these games, I just think that there are other games that are far more enjoyable and have more variety.