Poll: 'Haxor!' What Are The Cheapest Weapons and Tactics in Online Videogames?

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Simple enough, what are the cheapest tactics and or weapons in online videogames? This can be from any videogame (as long as it's online, or split-screen).

I'm not too fond of camping and noob tubing (pretty much any shooter made in the last ten years has these sort of things).

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Well when I played WoW in PVP I used to be pretty good as a rogue in vanilla, then a warrior in BC, but in WotLK the kiting abilites of hunters and mages was just so retarded and uncounterable as a warrior I couldn't stand it. Also, druids. lol.

In FPS which I guess is your main topic, I don't really find there's too many cheap tactics. It's a pretty fair playing field. The thing I guess I hate most is the marathon/light feet/commando knifers with a riot shield... tho, now if someone's riot-shielding I just use a build with sticky bombs. Works great.

Good snipers are really annoying, but I'm practicing to be one myself so I can't complain there. Side note: Just got the artic ghillie perk wewt!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Cheapest weapon? I can't remember its name but the one-shot, you're-dead sniper rifle from Counterstrike. Every other weapon was a-ok but once you heard the signature BANG of the n00b-cannon, everyone, myself included, went apeshit!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
the pre nerfed Force A Nature from TF2. Utter bullshit. If even one bullet hit you, you suffered the knockback effect of the gun. Meaning that a FaN could hit you at long range, and still push you off a ledge.

Prometherion

Jan 7, 2009
Knives, its like all FPS's think that military ingenuity peaked with the blade.

One hit kill, instant unsheathing, pierces all body armour.

Makes u wonder why u have a gun really.

BeeRye

Mar 4, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Cheapest weapon? I can't remember its name but the one-shot, you're-dead sniper rifle from Counterstrike. Every other weapon was a-ok but once you heard the signature BANG of the n00b-cannon, everyone, myself included, went apeshit!
It's the awp and it's probably the most skilled weapon in the game.

OT: I don't think any tactics that are within the game are actually cheap, but I did find getting nade spammed to death in cod4 pretty annoying. I did it myself though so all is good.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Those things, whatever they may be, that are just overpowered. This can be some superweapon or even just a little pistol that has too much power. In Gears of War 2, for instance, the melee stuns your enemy for a second. Which is a great idea. But it is also powerful enough to down someone with only two melees. The combination of the two just makes things stupid and imbalanced: people can just mash the B button and own everyone. Suddenly those of us from Gears of War 1 (back in the days of shotgun battles and honor among players) are getting owned simply because we refuse to use such overpowered tactics. Come on, Epic, fix this already...

And the chainsaws. Do not even get me started on the chainsaws.

muffincakes

Nov 20, 2008
The only cheap tactic that I can think of is the one where people whine about the tactics that other people use because they are too lazy or stupid to think of a way around it, and that prevents me from concentrating on what I'm doing. Double points go to those who do it in-game so that I actually have to stop playing in order to mute them, and then I die while doing that.

Side note for safety: This is NOT directed at the OP(specifically). It is instead directed at anyone who whines about almost anything being unfair. It's not. Get over it.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
AvsJoe said:
Frequently misquoted as the AWP, the real rifle it's based off is the:
Arctic
Warfare
Super
Magnum

See what Valve did there?
I agree with you, it easy qualifies as the cheapest weapon in gaming ever. Not least for it's decade long reign terror.

Prometherion

Jan 7, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Prometherion said:
Knives, its like all FPS's think that military ingenuity peaked with the blade.

One hit kill, instant unsheathing, pierces all body armour.

Makes u wonder why u have a gun really.
Doesn't count for FPS's that aren't CoD. Ones where you actually have to select the knife not just have it a click away. In games like that knives are a perfectly fair tactic.
Perhaps i should have said melee. In halo a punch to the back of the head is more efficent than bullets.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
BeeRye said:
It's the awp and it's probably the most skilled weapon in the game.
Nah, that's the scout, all the accuracy and fire rate of the AWSM, but requiring a much higher degree of precision on the shooter's part.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
Well dual wielding smgs and spraying is pretty cheap in my opinion...

That and camping with shotguns.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I don't Really consider any tactics cheap. It's all a lavel playing field, if you can do it and it works then do it until someones works out a way to stop it.

The only tactic that really annoys me is rushing.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
sitting in corners and noob tubes. hate them both probably hate the corner sitters more

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
i hate noob toobing and general grenades or explosives. i have no problem with LMG's however, so i couldnt choose the top choice.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
When its in the game, its in the game, no matter if you complain about it. There is no such thing as "cheap". theres just either "dam, i fell for THAT trick, stupid me" or "lol camper / tube / lmg / knife / rusher / anythingthatkillsme noob, learn to play".

Shanecooper

Aug 12, 2009
If someone beats me at anything, no matter what tactic they use, it's clearly cheating and/or cheep tactics.