Poll: 'Haxor!' What Are The Cheapest Weapons and Tactics in Online Videogames?

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The cheapest tactic is whining about everything the opponent do to excuse the fact that you're a n00b who doesn't know how to adapt to the way your opponents play.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I can't stand campers and sprayers. Especially when they're using a gun with no recoil, like the ACR.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Oh god, shotguns. Especially the AA12 "Jackhammer" in MW2. I can handle campers and runners. I can handle snipers. I can handle noobtubers. But for some reason, it always pisses me off no end when I come around a corner and die because somebody's trigger finger's a bit happy. I think it's mostly the unpredictability and unavoidability of it that annoys me.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Bob_Marley42 said:
muffincakes said:
The only cheap tactic that I can think of is the one where people whine about the tactics that other people use because they are too lazy or stupid to think of a way around it, and that prevents me from concentrating on what I'm doing. Double points go to those who do it in-game so that I actually have to stop playing in order to mute them, and then I die while doing that.

Side note for safety: This is NOT directed at the OP(specifically). It is instead directed at anyone who whines about almost anything being unfair. It's not. Get over it.
This cubed.

If someone does something that you can do to them its not cheap. Theres nothing stopping anyone from employing any of these tactics and weapons.
in that case the game would be boring, due to everybody using the same tactic, lets all run round / sit in corners with akimbo shotguns or everybody have snipers and camp.

I would love to talk to some of these players who use the "adapt and stop whining cos your noob" comment, how do they deal with these tools.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I think the most hated is the unupdated Sticky-Bomb Launcher in Team Fortress 2. The bombs can't be destroyed, have big splash damage and are extremely overpowered.

Thank God I have it on the PC, you poor console players.

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
Prometherion said:
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Body armor doesn't stop knives. Modern armor is made to adsorb bullets, not stop cutting weapons.
In terms of CoD, it makes you wonder why the knife in you pocket is more effective than a shotgun in close quarters.

Or in Halo why the butt of the gun kills faster than the side the bullets come out.
Well, maybe so. Still, any fast melee motion like that would neutralize you on pretty much the first hit, if not kill you, and leave you wide open for a follow up knife slice, so I suppose they cut out the middle man.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Cheapest weapon? I can't remember its name but the one-shot, you're-dead sniper rifle from Counterstrike. Every other weapon was a-ok but once you heard the signature BANG of the n00b-cannon, everyone, myself included, went apeshit!
I think it's the AWP you're talking about, and I fucking hate that gun (Mainly a Bullpup/DEagle user.)

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
The Lagswitch

A special switch people get put on their Phone line or whatever they use for Internet that trahses everyone's Connection but the user of said switch.

Now that's a cheap Tactic, but weapons are fair game considering people don't exploit glitches with them.

Haunted Herring

The Toy Commander
Jan 24, 2010
Hmm, the first modern warfare was fine but in the second one they added a few things I disliked, Thermal Scopes eliminated actually spotting an enemy and Commando ruined the melee system. I don't see what's bad about camping, if someone's camping a choke point or an objective that's a good tactic, if they're camping in some random area and they keep killing you, don't go there. Another thing, I define 'Cheating' using the XBL complaints system "Using known or unknown exploits to influence the results of a game" so, something like camping isn't cheating while the Care Package glitch is.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
my opinion: nothing is cheap. in mmos, rpgs, and fps, at least good ones anyway, everything has a counter. the thing i really hate is when people scream over thier mics how cheap something is.

Gromril

Sep 11, 2005
Almost Everything the predators do in the new avp, but if you want me to be specific it's the disc. The heat seeking disk that marines have NO counter to other than not being who it was thrown at. Seriously, it's actually better than a bloody smartgun.

Everything else seems ok.....apart from the plasma caster being a bit too easy to use for a usually 1 hit kill weapon.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
I'm going the specifics route.

In RTS games when Rushers rush even though they say they wouldn't when going up against a turtle player...nothing worse then concentrating on building and getting resources to have the other guy rush your base within 5 seconds of the game start with mostly workers and attack you.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
To be fair, I don't believe in the whole 'noob' tactics phenomenon... just because a strategy works, doesn't mean its for twats... what are you supposed to do, make the game harder for yourself?

So long as your not looking directly at the spawn point and just picking people off, for example, I think camping is ok, e.g. staying in a bunker and holding off the enemy for as long as possible (which are what bunkers are for, afterall...)

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Magic Hobo said:
I call shenanigans.
Like the restaurant?
OT: No particular weapons or tactics bother me, unless they are used repeatedly, with no change.

EDIT: OOH! I thought of one. Quitters. I Hate them.

tjcross

Apr 14, 2008
camping i play combat arms a nexon game and i can't stand someone standing about 5 seconds away behind cover to kill me oh buy it's not just one it's four or five trapping us in luck is the only counter attack. i also hate the strategy of pissing your opponent of by claiming they are a hacker trust me a lot of people are to damn cheap or lazy to buy an aimbot. i guess i'm called a hacker cause i have fast reflexes but still my k/d ratio is 0.8 not hacker material. oops got of topic there ah well

asovietpie

Sep 26, 2009
Most annoying and cheap weapon combos ever are all in Call of Duty MW2. Things such as running and knifing, thermal snipers, dual shotguns, things of that nature.