Poll: 'Haxor!' What Are The Cheapest Weapons and Tactics in Online Videogames?

Jan 29, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Prometherion said:
Knives, its like all FPS's think that military ingenuity peaked with the blade.

One hit kill, instant unsheathing, pierces all body armour.

Makes u wonder why u have a gun really.
Doesn't count for FPS's that aren't CoD. Ones where you actually have to select the knife not just have it a click away. In games like that knives are a perfectly fair tactic.
Seriously, why didn't COD just have this?

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Nothing is cheaper than Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, and things of that nature. Particularly in games where they're an instant kill, like Call of Duty. There really isn't any reason for them to exist, other than to piss off good players.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Noob Tubing and Camping are what I consider to be cheap.

LMGs aren't cheap, especially when they take 10 seconds to reload.

FlamingGloves

Nov 19, 2009
I do agree that there are a lot of things that piss me off, however I don't consider them as cheap/hacks. I believe that if it works, good for you! People need to learn that there is usually a way around a "cheap" tactic if you look hard enough. but I can't say I do not find some tactics as annoying. Camping, akimbo shotguns, when the game spawns you right next to an enemy, noob-tube, rocket launchers (when used just to get easy explosive kills), lunging-knife kills (when he's too far away for a knife kill to be possible but it happens anyway), and when calling hacks are the only excuse people have for sucking. And that's just naming a few things that really aggravate me! All in all, tactics are NOT "cheap" because they are too effective and require no skill, they are "cheap" because they just annoy people who use ACTUAL skill in the game.

Apocalypse91

Jan 19, 2010
fix-the-spade said:
BeeRye said:
It's the awp and it's probably the most skilled weapon in the game.
Nah, that's the scout, all the accuracy and fire rate of the AWSM, but requiring a much higher degree of precision on the shooter's part.
If you think the Scout requires more skill than the AWP, then I feel sorry for you, kind sir :).

Also the Scout and AWP have no where near similar fire rate or accuracy.

EDIT: Ok that may have seemed kind of harsh, the AWP is more an, easy to use, very difficult to master sort of weapon, the Scout on the other hand, well the accuracy is rather ridiculous, I mean come on, you still retain a large amount of precision whiles jumping or moving while not scoped.

(All this is also coming from roughly 4-5 years experience, I'm not just talking out of my ass :p)

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
I want an option for "QQ Moar."!
With the exception of legitimate glitches I can't play a single game of any competative FPS without whiney asses complaining about game mechanics the developers added intentionally. If you had the game, don't play the game, stop bitching.

SirusTheMadDJ

Dec 2, 2009
muffincakes said:
The only cheap tactic that I can think of is the one where people whine about the tactics that other people use because they are too lazy or stupid to think of a way around it, and that prevents me from concentrating on what I'm doing. Double points go to those who do it in-game so that I actually have to stop playing in order to mute them, and then I die while doing that.

Side note for safety: This is NOT directed at the OP(specifically). It is instead directed at anyone who whines about almost anything being unfair. It's not. Get over it.
I love you.

muffincakes

Nov 20, 2008
SirusTheMadDJ said:
muffincakes said:
The only cheap tactic that I can think of is the one where people whine about the tactics that other people use because they are too lazy or stupid to think of a way around it, and that prevents me from concentrating on what I'm doing. Double points go to those who do it in-game so that I actually have to stop playing in order to mute them, and then I die while doing that.

Side note for safety: This is NOT directed at the OP(specifically). It is instead directed at anyone who whines about almost anything being unfair. It's not. Get over it.
I love you.
[sub]Umm...I love you too?[/sub]
No, it's cool. I get that all the time.

TehJammers

May 10, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 in general. For a game based around game breaking weapon/perk combos, it has a lot of game breaking weapon/perk combos.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I can't recall a single "cheap" weapon or tactic. I don't regard rushing or zerging to be cheap because any slightly coordinated group can overcome a rushing opponent. All tactics and weaponry are, to me, able to be overcome. You just have to have a tactical mindset and situational awareness.

AvsJoe said:
Cheapest weapon? I can't remember its name but the one-shot, you're-dead sniper rifle from Counterstrike. Every other weapon was a-ok but once you heard the signature BANG of the n00b-cannon, everyone, myself included, went apeshit!
You're referring to the AWP.

And yet back in the day I used to play CSS using the cheapest (as in cost) sniper rifle instead of the AWP.

I can't even begin to count the number of kills I racked up with that thing. That weapon was my version of the AWP. I often took out numerous AWPers with it. Incredibly humiliating for them, since the AWP was annoyingly important to them and they actually prided themselves on using it all the time.

Besides, the AWP doesn't always kill you in one shot.

ShawnRiles

Jun 13, 2009
I find nothing cheap, if I get killed it's a kill. It doesn't matter how I got killed. I may complain but in the end I don't really care. I'm sort of a camper myself. Stick to a position, kill someone, they go there again, but you move to a different area in the room and kill them again. Did that 5 times in a row to a guy. He was pissed and kept yelling at me.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Tinneh said:
AvsJoe said:
Cheapest weapon? I can't remember its name but the one-shot, you're-dead sniper rifle from Counterstrike. Every other weapon was a-ok but once you heard the signature BANG of the n00b-cannon, everyone, myself included, went apeshit!
I think it's the AWP you're talking about, and I fucking hate that gun (Mainly a Bullpup/DEagle user.)
I was an SMG and knife rusher myself but I used the Bullpup on sniper levels.
ffs-dontcare said:
And yet back in the day I used to play CSS using the cheapest (as in cost) sniper rifle instead of the AWP.

I can't even begin to count the number of kills I racked up with that thing. That weapon was my version of the AWP. I often took out numerous AWPers with it. Incredibly humiliating for them, since the AWP was annoyingly important to them and they actually prided themselves on using it all the time.
Was it the Shmidt? I remember that thing was inexpensive and very effective in the correct hands.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I find snipers annoying, but I have nothing against them. It's a legitimate tactic.
Especially in Bad Company 2 in conquest or when defending in rush, since the objective is to deplete your enemy's spawn tickets while keeping your own up.

In WoW, I have to say rogues.
"*stun* STABSTABSTABSTAB *stun* STABSTABSTABSTAB *dead* *rogue goes invisible*"
I hate them.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Tinneh said:
AvsJoe said:
I think it's the AWP you're talking about, and I fucking hate that gun (Mainly a Bullpup/DEagle user.)
I was an SMG and knife rusher myself but I used the Bullpup on sniper levels.
ffs-dontcare said:

Was it the Shmidt? I remember that thing was inexpensive and very effective in the correct hands.
Yeah, I think it was the Schmidt or whatever it's called. It's hard to remember the names of the weapons as I haven't played it in years. I have a lovely memory of one match in which I used it to single-handedly take out exactly seven terrorists, while my teammates went around and got themselves killed by the remaining three terrorists who were smart enough to find a way to emerge right in front of me while I was scoped. That was a great game.

The Deagle, Bullpup and AWP were bloody powerful, but in the end I enjoyed taking down anyone who used such "overpowered weapons" with my own much cheaper weapons. Very satisfying. This undoubtedly contributed to my current view that there is very little in the way of cheap/overpowered tactics/weaponry in games.

While most people used the Bullpup, I preferred the terrorist equivalent of the Bullpup.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
overpowered weapons.

I.E weapons that are identical to other weapons, but for some reason, will always net the other user a kill.

These include: MP40(COD:WAW), Akimbo 1887's(Like you didn't know) and for some reason, the thumper on MW2. There has been times when it's sailed past my head, not exploded, yet somehow still my player counts this as a mortal wound.

Also, there was one time my friend threw a flashbang at my player and it killed him.
I mean seriously, a flashbang to the chest kills you?

Milney

Feb 17, 2010
Explosives in general really.

Not for any particular one, or the fact that they do high damage. Just that they "cheapen" the whole gaming experience and people get careless when using them.

Run down a corridor/alleyway that someone is covering with a gun, and they'll generally hold thier fire even if any enemy appears. Do the same when someone's got an explosive in thier hand (be it a pineapple, a rocket launcher, or a "noobtube") and suddenly all thier qualms about Friendly Fire are gone and they think a simple "Sorry" will excuse the inevitable TK.

Then rub into the mix when Friendly Fire isn't on? Suddenly all sorts of "cheap" tactics run amok (many of which I'm guilty of myself). Like having your team nade a room to hell and back, and chase the 'nades in before they detonate - you can happily stand there killing the cowering enemies whilst the explosions do squat. Or in games like MW2, getting a Riot Shield, having your team sticky bombing you up and running headlong into the enemy hideout.

Just generally not what people should be doing in FPSs to be honest.