Poll: Help me choose which anime I should watch next!

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
DarkhoIlow said:
I'm going to watch Akira now.

It seems it's a tie(almost) pollwise between Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist next.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys/girls.Perhaps this will change overnight(probably not) in someone else's favor but I think I will stick with the classics first then move on to more recent ones.

That being said,I think Cowboy Bebop might be next on my watch list.
Brotherhood is better, though I watch the orignal series first then watched Brotherhood; apperiently Brotherhood sticks MUCH closer to the manga, you can tell

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
SO much Akira and FMA.

WATCH DEATHNOTE!!!! That has to be the anime that got me into anime. It's fucking amazing on so many levels!

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
drop Naruto by the looks of it it will probably finish next decade or so
FMA was fun
go watch Bebop
GITS and Akira are movies so watch those
Lain is pretty good but I doubt it will fit your taste
same with Evangelion
currently watching Gundam 0079 and it,s pretty fun
Dominion Tank Police was fun but will be a bit rare to find
God Gundam is fun if you find it watch it in the dub

vashthblackseed

Mar 31, 2011
First off, Avatar The Last Airbender is not an anime... that being said GO WATCH IT!

Naruto/Shippuden is good, but you can skip like the last 12 episodes before Shippuden cause the were fillers till the manga had a large enough buffer.

Either Fullmetal Alchemis is worth watching.

Death Note, can get wordy at times and contains the least amount of action. A decent anime I would get around to watching, but I'd put it near the bottom of this list.

Ghost in a Shell, (the movie is worth a watch, a little word and philosophical thought). The to anime series have great action sense, but you'll need to sit though a few episodes of dialog at times to get to them.

Cowboy Bebop, great show, ends a little sad but is a better reflection of real life in that sense.

Akira... DO NOT WATCH... ok let me elaborate, that movie pulls about 80-85% of the story from the first volume and the remaining bits piecemealed from the next five volumes. For the time is was made it was a great display of technical and artist know how, but storyline wise its a monstrosity of a mess. For anyone who is serious about graphic design or animation its worth a viewing or two.

Still haven't gotten around to watch/read Beserk yet.

While its not on your list, Elfen Lied is a great anime to watch. One of the only ones I know that is popular with both my male and female friends.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
ruedyn said:
I'd go with Berserk because I think it's shorter than the rest of these and actually ended. Plus it's just plain awesome.
This.

I will say some of the animation is dated, but most of it holds up well.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Naruto/Shippuden, Bleach, One Piece = Too much damn filler.

Death Note = Manga was WAY better, just don't watch the DUB.

Fullmetal Alchemist = Skip this and watch FA: Brotherhood instead.

Ghost in a Shell = Both movies are GREAT, and 'Stand Alone Complex' is a pretty good drama.

Cowboy Bebop = Classic, are you new to anime or just haven't gotten around to it yet?

Akira = Classic movie, worth the watch.

Beserk = Movie is pretty good, anime is mediocre. Read the manga if you've got the stones.

Avatar The Last Airbender = NOT an anime, but it's a damn fine series non-the-less.

Micromyni

Jan 26, 2012
Fullmetal Alchemist is always a favorite. I have fond memories of watching the first anime and Brotherhood and enjoying both immensely. I'm near the end of Gankutsuou at the moment, which I wouldn't recommend for those with sensitive eyes.

Souleks

Jan 17, 2009
Breaker deGodot said:
FMA is an excellent show, but the only winner that can come out of this is Cowboy Bebop. That is seriously the best show ever put on TV, IMO. The only anime that comes close is Wolf's Rain (and to an extent, Monster).
Lillybro,Why U no Lost?

I say FMA Brotherhood It has a #3 slot on my list for a reason its a fantastic story with really fun characters and fight scenes.

also this sparkly man

Captcha:zombie attack
God dammit not now Captcha I just got finished playing Day Z.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Watch Ghost in the Shell, then Akira, then Ninja Scroll, then Ghost in the Shell again. You're talking about the Ghost...Shell movie, right?

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
I would recommned Full Metal Alchemist and watch it in the following order :) the original series is great but ran out of steam and money. The film is okay but skippable, the OVA is amazing.

Original anime series

Film

OVA (Full metal alchemist Brotherhood)

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'll throw in my vote for Fullmetal Alchemist... well, at least for FMA: Brotherhood. Cause that is some awesome shit, lemme tell you.

Goro

Oct 15, 2009
Country
Australia
Anyone drop in battle angel alita yet? James Cameron bought the rights, and was supposed to do a live action version after avatar. But then tripped over an enormous pile of money into sequels. But anyway, battle angel is cool. I really need to watch bebop...

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I saw Akira and found it quite...interesting to say the least.Due to being a movie it confused me quite a bit and only explaining mostly everything at the end of it.The animation was quite good seeing that it's quite an oldie.

Now,with that said and done,gotta decide until tonight if there's going to be Fullmetal Alchemist or Cowboy Bebop,but most likely the latter because it's smaller in size I guess? Like two seasons total as far as I know.

Will probably go for that.

Thanks again guys/girls for the advice and helping a new guy to anime out! :D

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
vashthblackseed said:
First off, Avatar The Last Airbender is not an anime... that being said GO WATCH IT!
This is all just pointless semantics anyway. While in the West the term does imply an Eastern origin I'm pretty sure it stands generally for cartoons in Japanese, considering it's just short for animation.

But yeah, Avatar is definitely one of the best kids shows still.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Watch the original Full Metal Alchemist; it doesn't go for too long, all the episodes have something interesting in them, the dialogue is actually well written unlike Brotherhood, and it ends alright. Oh yeah, you can watch it dubbed, it was done really well.

Also, another one you should see is the original Hunter X Hunter anime. Starts of pretty average, but becomes really really good, I promise.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hm... tough call, but I recommend either:
Fullmetal Alchemist and/or Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
or
Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which technically isn't anime, but I highly recommend it anyway)

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
Souleks said:
Breaker deGodot said:
FMA is an excellent show, but the only winner that can come out of this is Cowboy Bebop. That is seriously the best show ever put on TV, IMO. The only anime that comes close is Wolf's Rain (and to an extent, Monster).
Lillybro,Why U no Lost?

I say FMA Brotherhood It has a #3 slot on my list for a reason its a fantastic story with really fun characters and fight scenes.

also this sparkly man

Huh? Why I no Lost?

Souleks

Jan 17, 2009
Breaker deGodot said:
Souleks said:
Breaker deGodot said:
Lillybro,Why U no Lost?

also this sparkly man

Huh? Why I no Lost?
"Best show on TV" that is a bold statement.